ANC moved to June?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:10 pm

Little Green Man wrote:This B. Moon that's playing for South Africa - does the B stand for Button?
Oh, it's not rhyming slang then? :oops:
May the bridges I burn light your way

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:46 pm

Anyone happen to see Guinea v Namibia?

I caught the end and felt sure that 1-1 was enough for both teams to progress, seeing as both teams seemed to be content to stroke it across the back four, and then back to the keeper, and then across the back four, and so on....

I can't believe that it was Namibia's first point of the tournament, given their body language and lack of ambition or urgency.

Anyway, Balde looks to be a terrific specimen, and would have been a good signing for us I think.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:38 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Anyone happen to see Guinea v Namibia?

I caught the end and felt sure that 1-1 was enough for both teams to progress, seeing as both teams seemed to be content to stroke it across the back four, and then back to the keeper, and then across the back four, and so on....

I can't believe that it was Namibia's first point of the tournament, given their body language and lack of ambition or urgency.

Anyway, Balde looks to be a terrific specimen, and would have been a good signing for us I think.
On other sites this might provoke a "homo alert", but I'm comfortable enough in my heterosexuality to reveal that I too noted he was somewhat buff. Number on speed-dial if Cahill falls through, although it's made more complicated because they've gone through (Morocco barely turned up against Ghana and are now on their way home).

Much of the chat later was about Senegal's manager resigning. Leroy Rosenior very tactfully suggested that certain Senegal players may think they know more than the gaffer. Wonder who he could mean?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:01 pm

It does begin to look like Diouf will be back early. As far as I can tell they would have to beat SA by four goals, and hope Tunisia and Angola don't tie (which I'm sure they'd both be happy to do).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:03 pm

Diouf dropped for boozing.

Just get on the plane lad.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:10 pm

Athers wrote:Diouf dropped for boozing.

Just get on the plane lad.
'For' or 'While'? :D

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:This B. Moon that's playing for South Africa - does the B stand for Button?
Oh, it's not rhyming slang then? :oops:
:(

Button Moon and his chums are running Senegal ragged at the moment. Senegal's keeper has pulled off two stunning saves. I think Dioufy is going to be home sooner rather than later (unless he goes AWOL).

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:54 pm

He'll be home by tomorrow!
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:54 pm

this is why i love watching african cup of nations games... long grass, up to the ankles. poor game. goes into stoppage time. cameroon player on his arse time wasting. medics come to put him on stretcher. andre bikey goes up and shoves one of them away. honestly if you get to see this at any point do, it was one of the funniest things i seen on a footy pitch

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:04 pm

Thank gawd there's a 3rd/4th place play off or Meite could have been back this weekend. Mind you, Kolo Toure's performance made him look like Ivory Coast's best defender.

Shame about the hammy dramatics at the end from some of the Egypt players - totally unnecessary - they were much the better team.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:40 pm

are they much different from some of our clock winding techniques? though admittedly we're more subtle

here's something that isn't subtle. andre bikey pushing a medic

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PqiqF9OGwtA