England v Croatia thread

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:17 pm

So....what's everyone doing next summer then?
Businesswoman of the year.

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:17 pm

Lampard MoM :lol:

Lescott as international :lol:

Wayne Bridge :lol:

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:19 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:So....what's everyone doing next summer then?
I'm cashing in my half-Russian nationality see you in Switzerland
Nobody puts Baby in a corner

www.can-i-see.blogspot.com

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:19 pm

Frank Senior must have voted for MoM is Lampard got it - Crouch was head and shoulders above everyone....;-)

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:21 pm

Gertie wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:So....what's everyone doing next summer then?
I'm cashing in my half-Russian nationality see you in Switzerland
Ouch baby! Very ouch. :D

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:22 pm

England are the new Bolton. The players looked like they'd just been introduced before kick off. No final ball. No attacking ideas other than hoofing the ball into the penalty area. A squad that's nowhere near as good as the fans think.

I gave up on the national side after the last European Championship and am very pleased that I did so. 'Pride, Passion, Belief', it said on the advertising hoardings before Euro 2004. The team had none of those things and it still doesn't.

Obviously McClaren needs to go, but the buffoons who appointed should do as well. They'll remain in situ.

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:25 pm

[quote="warthog"]England are the new Bolton. The players looked like they'd just been introduced before kick off. No final ball. No attacking ideas other than hoofing the ball into the penalty area. A squad that's nowhere near as good as the fans think.

I gave up on the national side after the last European Championship and am very pleased that I did so. [i]'Pride, Passion, Belief'[/i], it said on the advertising hoardings before Euro 2004. The team had none of those things and it still doesn't.

Obviously McClaren needs to go, but the buffoons who appointed should do as well. They'll remain in situ.[/quote]

Yeah take Crozier back you smeging twatters we don`t want him either.
The voices in my head may not be real...but they have some great ideas!

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:28 pm

warthog wrote:England are the new Bolton. The players looked like they'd just been introduced before kick off. No final ball. No attacking ideas other than hoofing the ball into the penalty area. A squad that's nowhere near as good as the fans think.

I gave up on the national side after the last European Championship and am very pleased that I did so. 'Pride, Passion, Belief', it said on the advertising hoardings before Euro 2004. The team had none of those things and it still doesn't.

Obviously McClaren needs to go, but the buffoons who appointed should do as well. They'll remain in situ.
Just what I was thinking whilst watching it. A lack of creativity, shambolic defending. The only thing that differentiated them was the rather dodgy penalty they won - Wanderers would never have been awarded that! Indeed, I suspect on Saturday that Anelka could be rugby tackled in the area and then have his head staved in with baseball bats, and we still wouldn't get a penalty, unless the filth were 4-0 up. But that's another moan.
The thing that makes it worse, though, is that England, on paper, should be so much better than Bolton. Who would you prefer: Richards or Hunt? Gerrard or Speed? Lampard or Nolan? Campbell or Meite? Carson or Jaaskelainen....no, hang on, that's a bad example...
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:01 pm

BTW did anyone else notice when, just before half time they did a close up of the bench obviously showing the standby players who were all chatting and joking with each other without a care in the world not even aware there was a game on? Only David Beckham was sat on the edge of his seat looking concerned and actually paying any attention to the match. Bunch of fooking wankers the rest of them.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:07 pm

was trying to persuade my mates it was like watching bolton.

slow on the counter
poor set plays
defenders uninterested
richards jogging back when an attacker was breezing down his flank

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:07 pm

The Football Association is to hold a board meeting on Thursday at 0830 GMT to discuss Steve McClaren's future.
After his side failed to qualify for Euro 2008, McClaren insisted he would not resign as England coach.

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:08 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:BTW did anyone else notice when, just before half time they did a close up of the bench obviously showing the standby players who were all chatting and joking with each other without a care in the world not even aware there was a game on? Only David Beckham was sat on the edge of his seat looking concerned and actually paying any attention to the match. Bunch of fooking wankers the rest of them.
Yeah i did and i noticed David James trying to do the same with beckham when he came on as sub and beckham just blanked him

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:09 pm

I hope Jamie Carragher was sat at home watching that and laughing his cock off.

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:12 pm

blurred wrote:I hope Jamie Carragher was sat at home watching that and laughing his cock off.
I don't - i hope he was thinking " i'm not gonna be a part of anything like that, when i pull on an England shirt i'm gonna die for it"

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:13 pm

blurred wrote:I hope Jamie Carragher was sat at home watching that and laughing his cock off.

nah, he'd be round robbing Gerrard and Crouch's houses!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:15 pm

I hope we was sitting at home feeling slightly ashamed.

Retiring and throwing your toys out of the pram because you're not picked in your favourite position?

feck off.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:15 pm

WhiteArmy wrote:
I don't - i hope he was thinking " i'm not gonna be a part of anything like that, when i pull on an England shirt i'm gonna die for it"
Well seeing as he's retired from international football after being fecked around for many a year I don't think he'll be thinking that at all...

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:15 pm

perhaps when he's retired and someone has put his dummy back in his pram he'll sit there and think "feck, i could have been that hero motty was on about" instead of that prancing pony campbell

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:16 pm

Batman wrote:

nah, he'd be round robbing Gerrard and Crouch's houses!

:lol:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:19 pm

blurred wrote:
WhiteArmy wrote:
Well seeing as he's retired from international football after being fecked around for many a year I don't think he'll be thinking that at all...
Is he a better centre back than either of Terry or Ferdinand at their best?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families