Bale

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bale

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:56 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Fair play. Bish will try to con you into a season ticket next! Between you and me I would quite like to see you finish fourth because then everyone is happy Wenger is happy, your happy, the Arsenal board are happy and every other London club is happy because you haven't won anything. Watch out for those little clubs trying to sneak up on fourth and you should be alright. Out of interest would you rather finish 4th or win the league cup this season and finish 5th this season GG.
No Dan, noone connected with the club is HAPPY with us finishing 4th every season, there was a large sense of relief when we did this season as it looked iffy for a while, but finishing 4th is actually not really Arsenals dream aim every season. Please stop talking such complete bollocks!
you'd never have said that before you met me! :shock:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:07 pm

thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Fair play. Bish will try to con you into a season ticket next! Between you and me I would quite like to see you finish fourth because then everyone is happy Wenger is happy, your happy, the Arsenal board are happy and every other London club is happy because you haven't won anything. Watch out for those little clubs trying to sneak up on fourth and you should be alright. Out of interest would you rather finish 4th or win the league cup this season and finish 5th this season GG.
No Dan, noone connected with the club is HAPPY with us finishing 4th every season, there was a large sense of relief when we did this season as it looked iffy for a while, but finishing 4th is actually not really Arsenals dream aim every season. Please stop talking such complete bollocks!
you'd never have said that before you met me! :shock:
What can I say? You're a bad influence (and you often talk bollocks ;))

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:25 am

If anyone is 'worth' a hundred million quid I think he's up there. Messi is priceless, Ronaldo would probably cost even more now. He's only 24 and I really do think he's that good. He's quick, clever, scores goals, can cross it as well as anyone, good in the air, works hard, can defend scores free-kicks, long range efforts, close range efforts, headers. He reminds me a lot of Ronaldo at that age, in everything other than his right foot is a bit shite, whereas Ronaldo has two good feet.

If Ronaldo was 'worth' £80m, then in these days if £50m Falcaos and £35m Carrolls, then I thin Bale is 'worth' £100m. Relatively. Especially if you're Madrid, as Messi isn't doable, and obviously you don't need to buy Ronaldo. I think Bale is the next one you come to.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:31 am

We'll see.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:54 am

Prufrock wrote:If anyone is 'worth' a hundred million quid I think he's up there. Messi is priceless, Ronaldo would probably cost even more now. He's only 24 and I really do think he's that good. He's quick, clever, scores goals, can cross it as well as anyone, good in the air, works hard, can defend scores free-kicks, long range efforts, close range efforts, headers. He reminds me a lot of Ronaldo at that age, in everything other than his right foot is a bit shite, whereas Ronaldo has two good feet.

If Ronaldo was 'worth' £80m, then in these days if £50m Falcaos and £35m Carrolls, then I thin Bale is 'worth' £100m. Relatively. Especially if you're Madrid, as Messi isn't doable, and obviously you don't need to buy Ronaldo. I think Bale is the next one you come to.
Cant agree with you on that Messi has been stopped on numerous occasions never mind the Bayern Munich's and the Inter Milan's of this world what about the Celtics and the Chelsea's, the Arsenals even the Wisla Krakow's and the Shaktar Doneksts. These teams have all stopped Messi and Barcelona in fact they all beat them I don't think Messi would be able to compete in English football in fact I would bank on him not being top scorer because he would just get lumps kicked out of him that is why Di Stefano and Maradona never played in England because they were scared of getting found out by a load big ugly centre backs hoofing them in the air.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:21 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:If anyone is 'worth' a hundred million quid I think he's up there. Messi is priceless, Ronaldo would probably cost even more now. He's only 24 and I really do think he's that good. He's quick, clever, scores goals, can cross it as well as anyone, good in the air, works hard, can defend scores free-kicks, long range efforts, close range efforts, headers. He reminds me a lot of Ronaldo at that age, in everything other than his right foot is a bit shite, whereas Ronaldo has two good feet.

Cant agree with you on that Messi has been stopped on numerous occasions never mind the Bayern Munich's and the Inter Milan's of this world what about the Celtics and the Chelsea's, the Arsenals even the Wisla Krakow's and the Shaktar Doneksts. These teams have all stopped Messi and Barcelona in fact they all beat them I don't think Messi would be able to compete in English football in fact I would bank on him not being top scorer because he would just get lumps kicked out of him that is why Di Stefano and Maradona never played in England because they were scared of getting found out by a load big ugly centre backs hoofing them in the air.

ARE. YOU. ACTUALLY. FOR. REAL. DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????????

Messi is a magician. He is probably the only player in Spain that stays on his feet and is rarely knocked off the ball. He has everything needed to be successful in the Premiership. Strength, skill, determination, aggression, finishing, heading and free kicks to name a few. Just look at the El Classico games Dan.. They try to snap him in half and put him out of the game and many times he just laughs at them and dribbles through half the team and scores the winning goals.

Messi is the best player to ever live IMO and would have no problem in the Premiership. I just hope that one day he comes over and leaves his beloved Barcelona.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:27 am

Its one thing to deal with RamosandPepe a couple of times a season it is another to deal with the like every weekend and during midweek for cup games etc. I am in no doubt he is a great player but he would be a massive target here every Andy Wilkinson and Kevin Nolan of this world would look to injure him. TBH I don't think he is even the best player from Argentina ever Di Stefano is the best player there has ever been. In fact I honestly can honestly think of 2 players if not 3 currently playing that I would have over Messi.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:44 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:Its one thing to deal with RamosandPepe a couple of times a season it is another to deal with the like every weekend and during midweek for cup games etc. I am in no doubt he is a great player but he would be a massive target here every Andy Wilkinson and Kevin Nolan of this world would look to injure him. TBH I don't think he is even the best player from Argentina ever Di Stefano is the best player there has ever been. In fact I honestly can honestly think of 2 players if not 3 currently playing that I would have over Messi.
Lets just leave it Dan. You are entitled to your opinion and me mine :)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:46 am

ChrisC wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Its one thing to deal with RamosandPepe a couple of times a season it is another to deal with the like every weekend and during midweek for cup games etc. I am in no doubt he is a great player but he would be a massive target here every Andy Wilkinson and Kevin Nolan of this world would look to injure him. TBH I don't think he is even the best player from Argentina ever Di Stefano is the best player there has ever been. In fact I honestly can honestly think of 2 players if not 3 currently playing that I would have over Messi.
to be fair - he hasn't questioned whether you are for real!!!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:50 am

thebish wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
I'm a hologram me Bish 8)

So what is your opinion of young Messi?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:51 am

ChrisC wrote:
Exactly he is a superb player just not the greatest.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:54 am

bwfcdan94 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Exactly he is a superb player just not the greatest.
My opinion is also based on the fact that it is harder to be an amazing world class player in today's game compared to years ago when players where not as fit and sat in the pub after games and smoking etc..

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:39 am

ChrisC wrote:
thebish wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

i have no idea - i only watch Bolton for the most part! i'm not a football fan - i'm just a bolton fan...

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:43 am

thebish wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
thebish wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

i have no idea - i only watch Bolton for the most part! i'm not a football fan - i'm just a bolton fan...

I can't argue with that Bish!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:08 pm

I saw Di Stefano play, Dan (on tv), and he was outstanding. He played internationally for whatever country he was playing in at the time, which is odd by today's rules. He might be the best ever Argentinian (I detest Maradonna) but I wouldn't say he was the best there ever has been if you are talking the world. He was never on a World Cup winning team. I think part of his greatness in European football was because he played next to Puskas. My vote still goes to Pele.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:15 pm

Let's here them?

I'm going for
1.Aron Mooy
2.Adam blakemen
3.Benik Afobe
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:21 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:

Let's here them?

I'm going for
1.Aron Mooy
2.Adam blakemen
3.Benik Afobe
Would you like my realistic opinion or my daft opinion PW.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:33 pm

How would i tell which is which?
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:38 pm

1 Di Stefano
2 Maradona
3 Pele

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:47 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:1 Di Stefano
2 Maradona
3 Pele

So that's your daft one then? Are they all still playing?