Moor Park massacre

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Moor Park massacre

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 06, 2007 9:05 pm

Apparently there is to be a musical armagedon (where it will be proven conclusively that music is dead) at Moor Park, Preston, on Saturday and Sunday, 19th and 20th of May. All kinds of weird bands mentioned on this site and nefarious attractions will be in attendence, ie, Natasha will have a bed in g field ?, someone had pigeons nicked and the detectives are out, the Irish/Arab, Seamus Haji is going, the K gang, (Kaiser Chiefs, Kasabian,Klaxons) and even Batman must be going cos it says "Get cape, wear cape-fly?" Those well known hairdressers,, the Scissor Sisters are up and a cast of thousands, hundreds, dozens? are on show.

Just joking folks and I got all this from a leaflet some hippy bird shoved at me on Friday. Just thought it might interest some of you if you didn't already know. More details at BBC.CO.UK/RADIO1

:wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Epitaph
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Epitaph » Mon May 07, 2007 12:12 am

400,000 people have applied for tickets when there's only 30,000 on offer. I don't know why though, I thought the presence of 'Mika' would put everyone off, it would most certainly stop me going.

Also, who would want to watch 'some faggot on stilts'? As Liam Gallagher said about Scissor Sisters.. he said something like that anyway :lol:

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Mon May 07, 2007 12:25 am

Epitaph wrote:400,000 people have applied for tickets when there's only 30,000 on offer. I don't know why though, I thought the presence of 'Mika' would put everyone off, it would most certainly stop me going.

Also, who would want to watch 'some faggot on stilts'? As Liam Gallagher said about Scissor Sisters.. he said something like that anyway :lol:
Dunno the "in new music we trust" stage looks pretty decent on Sunday. Free tickets in all, worth a punt.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

Epitaph
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Epitaph » Mon May 07, 2007 12:43 am

Who's on that? I heard Pigeon Detectives were playing, if so, they're the only decent act so far.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Mon May 07, 2007 1:18 am

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Mon May 07, 2007 2:14 am

Looking at that line up it makes me sad to think 400,000 applied to watch that shower of shite!
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon May 07, 2007 8:24 am

Epitaph wrote:400,000 people have applied for tickets when there's only 30,000 on offer. I don't know why though, I thought the presence of 'Mika' would put everyone off, it would most certainly stop me going.
perhaps they're all their to stone the annoying Freddie Mercury tribute act/parody??

Epitaph
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Epitaph » Mon May 07, 2007 1:31 pm

Pigeons, Maximo Park and The Enemy are the only decent ones there. Kasabian are alright as well.

I sincerely hope that Mika tosser gets bottled off. I hate him.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat May 12, 2007 7:43 pm

Applied for them but didn't get them, as did tons of fellow Prestonians.

The line-up is appalling too, however with it being on Moor Park means that at least if Borrell and associated c*nts stagedive, there is a chance they'll land on a hypodermic and pierce his voicebox.

Might sit in my garden on Sunday and listen to it over the wall to the park

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sat May 12, 2007 7:52 pm

I went to the one in Sunderland. It was shit.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat May 12, 2007 10:28 pm

Nozza wrote:I went to the one in Sunderland. It was shit.
free shit though

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat May 12, 2007 10:38 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Nozza wrote:I went to the one in Sunderland. It was shit.
free shit though
Free financially perhaps. However, in terms of wasted minutes of your life that you'll never get back? Not so.
The reason I point this out is that that's the feeling that I left Moss Bank Park with a few years ago when they did this "One Big Sunday" thing there. You know that Scouse bint out of the Spice Girls? I swear, I've never heard anybody sing as badly in any walk of life.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon May 21, 2007 12:12 am

Well it was shit.

Shit bands, poor performances and crappy weather.

Watched some on telly, listened to some over the back wall.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Mon May 21, 2007 11:14 am

All music events - except Glasto and the Orange festival - should be banned.

It makes people like Epitaph think he is popular cos they wank over the same music.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Mon May 21, 2007 11:53 am

Nozza wrote:All music events - except Glasto and the Orange festival - should be banned.

It makes people like Epitaph think he is popular cos they wank over the same music.
Nah there's been some decent festivals over the years. Glasto is the most posy one of the lot. WTF the Orange festival?

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Mon May 21, 2007 12:59 pm

Mathew Street festival is better than all this 'One Big Bollock' or whatever Radio 1 produce, anyway. And it's free. And tickets aren't restricted and allocated in a way more complicated than the fecking Champions League Final.

Speaking of which - 48 hours and I'll be in the Greek sunshine, supping some cold lager and building up to the final. Get in!

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Mon May 21, 2007 3:34 pm

Orange festival is one in Ireland.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon May 21, 2007 6:51 pm

blurred wrote:Mathew Street festival is better than all this 'One Big Bollock' or whatever Radio 1 produce, anyway. And it's free. And tickets aren't restricted and allocated in a way more complicated than the fecking Champions League Final.

Speaking of which - 48 hours and I'll be in the Greek sunshine, supping some cold lager and building up to the final. Get in!

Mathew St festival is great, been for the last 3yrs. - helps that the inlaws live 3 train stops away

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon May 21, 2007 7:11 pm

Nozza wrote:All music events - except Glasto and the Orange festival - should be banned.

Glasto appears to be so up its own arse sometimes, plus the acts don't appear to be very good.

Carling festival can be awesome when it wants too, trouble is it is often plauged with knobheads intent on ruining your weekend.

and, orange festival?
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue May 22, 2007 8:35 am

Verbal wrote:

Glasto appears to be so up its own arse sometimes, plus the acts don't appear to be very good.

Carling festival can be awesome when it wants too, trouble is it is often plauged with knobheads intent on ruining your weekend.

and, orange festival?
Carling's a bit toss this year though. Was thinking about the friday but I aint paying £65 just to see NIN and Billy Corgan plus drummer.