ALLARDYCE APPOINTED NEWCASTLE MANAGER

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed May 09, 2007 12:31 pm

Oops now according to the BBC Swen is expressing an interest in the Toon job. Is it sincere or is he trying to push forward a decision on Morinho hoping to get a crack at Chelsea?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed May 09, 2007 1:01 pm

Just see it now :D Press conference BSA banging on about the importance of defence and clean sheets, fortress St James and all that how he will recruit defenders and keepers, mean while fat Freddy turns purple, falls off his chair and starts to write Sams P45 :)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 09, 2007 1:33 pm

seanworth wrote:Oops now according to the BBC Swen is expressing an interest in the Toon job. Is it sincere or is he trying to push forward a decision on Morinho hoping to get a crack at Chelsea?
Oh he'll be sincere alright. And they could do a lot worse.

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Wed May 09, 2007 3:34 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
seanworth wrote:Oops now according to the BBC Swen is expressing an interest in the Toon job. Is it sincere or is he trying to push forward a decision on Morinho hoping to get a crack at Chelsea?
Not going to happen. Even his agent said that Allardyce had 'already got the job'.
'No issues with Warnock, he's got a fine record, experience and has been there and done it. Unlike LSL' © Fathead 18/08/07

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 09, 2007 5:12 pm

trotter58 wrote:
Not going to happen. Even his agent said that Allardyce had 'already got the job'.
A true story about nothing then. They've been running it on SSN all afternoon!

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Wed May 09, 2007 7:35 pm

trotter58 wrote:
The quote from Athole Still, Eriksson's agent was also on SSN. I'm willing to donate £20 to charity if i'm wrong. Are you?
'No issues with Warnock, he's got a fine record, experience and has been there and done it. Unlike LSL' © Fathead 18/08/07

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 10, 2007 9:24 am

trotter58 wrote:
trotter58 wrote:
The quote from Athole Still, Eriksson's agent was also on SSN. I'm willing to donate £20 to charity if i'm wrong. Are you?
Er, no. Did I say you were wrong? I was taking the piss out of SSN.

Stop looking for arguments where there are none, it's symptomatic of paranoia. And it's dull.

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Thu May 10, 2007 11:57 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Er, no. Did I say you were wrong? I was taking the piss out of SSN.

Stop looking for arguments where there are none, it's symptomatic of paranoia. And it's dull.

Yes of course you were. What's that sound? Oh it's you reversing rapidly! Anyone else who thinks that Houllier, Eriksson or any other candidate is going to get this job is welcome to put their money where their mouth is. As for your second 'point', probably better to direct that at the deluded pedants who prefer to think that Allardyce hasn't already got the job rather than actually contributing something constructive to the debate for once.

Strangely Brown
BB Reject
BB Reject

Post by Strangely Brown » Thu May 10, 2007 12:02 pm

I fail to see how any of your posts are constructive.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 10, 2007 12:04 pm

trotter58 wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Er, no. Did I say you were wrong? I was taking the piss out of SSN.

Yes of course you were. What's that sound? Oh it's you reversing rapidly! Anyone else who thinks that Houllier, Eriksson or any other candidate is going to get this job is welcome to put their money where their mouth is. As for your second 'point', probably better to direct that at the deluded pedants who prefer to think that Allardyce hasn't already got the job rather than actually contributing something constructive to the debate for once.

Ah, my little ray of sunshine. I like the idea of hearing humans make reversing noises over the internet, it shows a creative mind.

What precisely did you wish to achieve by starting this thread? Is this the correct room for an argument? I was prepared to discuss Eriksson's achievements at club level but it seems we're not allowed to for fear of questioning your fait accompli. Hardly in the spirit of a forum, now is it? Is every single post on this thread to be met with your blarting ripostes? What a sad slow death for debate.

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Thu May 10, 2007 12:11 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:What precisely did you wish to achieve by starting this thread? Is this the correct room for an argument?
Good question. What i had hoped to achieve was a debate on the morality of Allardyce walking out on us to join Newcastle. What i actually got was the same old pedants, making the same dreary attempts to drag the 'debate' down to their level. Well congratulations. Another thread ruined. Perhaps if the people in charge of this site applied the same rules to everyone rather than sending me PM's every five minutes threatening to ban me for daring to fight my corner, then the site might actually fulfill the purpose for which it was intended. Somehow i doubt it.

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Thu May 10, 2007 12:14 pm

trotter58 wrote:Good question. What i had hoped to achieve was a debate on the morality of Allardyce walking out on us to join Newcastle. What i actually got was the same old pedants, making the same dreary attempts to drag the 'debate' down to their level. Well congratulations. Another thread ruined. Perhaps if the people in charge of this site applied the same rules to everyone rather than sending me PM's every five minutes threatening to ban me for daring to fight my corner, then the site might actually fulfill the purpose for which it was intended. Somehow i doubt it.
HANDBAGS!

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Thu May 10, 2007 12:14 pm

Strangely Brown wrote:I fail to see how any of your posts are constructive.
Twenty two posts in two and half years and you felt it was worth logging on to post that. Well done.
Last edited by trotter58 on Thu May 10, 2007 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strangely Brown
BB Reject
BB Reject

Post by Strangely Brown » Thu May 10, 2007 12:17 pm

trotter58 wrote:
Strangely Brown wrote:I fail to see how any of your posts are constructive.
Twenty two post in two and half years and you felt it was worth logging on to post that. Well done.
Am I bovvered?

I apologise for not having to have felt the need to vent be spleen continually in over 1,000 posts. From the few that I have read, it would appear that you fail to take on the points raised by others. That in itself has killed the debate. Well done, sir.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 10, 2007 12:19 pm

trotter58 wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:What precisely did you wish to achieve by starting this thread? Is this the correct room for an argument?
Good question. What i had hoped to achieve was a debate on the morality of Allardyce walking out on us to join Newcastle. What i actually got was the same old pedants, making the same dreary attempts to drag the 'debate' down to their level. Well congratulations. Another thread ruined. Perhaps if the people in charge of this site applied the same rules to everyone rather than sending me PM's every five minutes threatening to ban me for daring to fight my corner, then the site might actually fulfill the purpose for which it was intended. Somehow i doubt it.
OK then T58, fair enough. Let's start again.

What are your views on the morality of Allardyce taking the Newcastle job?

Do you believe he had been tapped up, or that Shepherd opportunistically sacked an unpopular underachieving manager once he discovered that a long-time target was free and available? Do you think the latter is a possibility?

If Allardyce angled for the Toon job, it tarnishes much of the shine on his BWFC achievements, to me at least. But I'm being asked by friends how I feel about Sam's departure and my answer is starting to be a vague optimism: things weren't working out beautifully and things may be better in the future. As I've said before it's like splitting up with a lover, hopefully the new one will be better!

As to where Allardyce goes next, I'm intrigued but not that bothered, and I certainly don't feel jilted.

That better? Let's play nice! :mrgreen:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 10, 2007 12:20 pm

Lennon wrote:
trotter58 wrote:Good question. What i had hoped to achieve was a debate on the morality of Allardyce walking out on us to join Newcastle. What i actually got was the same old pedants, making the same dreary attempts to drag the 'debate' down to their level. Well congratulations. Another thread ruined. Perhaps if the people in charge of this site applied the same rules to everyone rather than sending me PM's every five minutes threatening to ban me for daring to fight my corner, then the site might actually fulfill the purpose for which it was intended. Somehow i doubt it.
HANDBAGS!
here come the rubber-neckers... :wink:

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu May 10, 2007 12:20 pm

Roeder isn't particularly unpopular on the Toon tbh DSB. The gripe most fans have appears to be with the board.
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 10, 2007 12:21 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:Roeder isn't particularly unpopular on the Toon tbh DSB. The gripe most fans have appears to be with the board.
Fair enough, if that's what you've heard. but the half-dozen Toon fans I know never really liked him and want shut - although as you say he's more popular than the board.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu May 10, 2007 12:23 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:Roeder isn't particularly unpopular on the Toon tbh DSB. The gripe most fans have appears to be with the board.
How can they gripe at the board FFS? They have given more transfer money then most other teams other then the big two! I'd probably say just as much if not more then Liverpool.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Thu May 10, 2007 12:25 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:OK then T58, fair enough. Let's start again.

What are your views on the morality of Allardyce taking the Newcastle job?

Do you believe he had been tapped up, or that Shepherd opportunistically sacked an unpopular underachieving manager once he discovered that a long-time target was free and available? Do you think the latter is a possibility?

If Allardyce angled for the Toon job, it tarnishes much of the shine on his BWFC achievements, to me at least. But I'm being asked by friends how I feel about Sam's departure and my answer is starting to be a vague optimism: things weren't working out beautifully and things may be better in the future. As I've said before it's like splitting up with a lover, hopefully the new one will be better!

As to where Allardyce goes next, I'm intrigued but not that bothered, and I certainly don't feel jilted.

That better? Let's play nice! :mrgreen:
For what it's worth i wasn't referring to you as one of the pedants.

Personally i feel that Allardyce was tapped up and that he resigned rather than face a protracted battle over compensation. Leaves a very sour taste in the mouth. Like i said, there's a right way and a wrong way to leave a club, particularly one that has done as much for him as ours.

However Allardyce may find himself in an uncomfortable situation when he arrives, the latest polls show that the majority of Newcastle fans would prefer Eriksson. Cue pedants disputing these figures...