ALLARDYCE APPOINTED NEWCASTLE MANAGER

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 10, 2007 12:36 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
David Lee's Hair wrote:Roeder isn't particularly unpopular on the Toon tbh DSB. The gripe most fans have appears to be with the board.
How can they gripe at the board FFS? They have given more transfer money then most other teams other then the big two! I'd probably say just as much if not more then Liverpool.
Wasn't it Shepherd and (Douglas) Hall who called them gormless shirt-buying sheep, the local woman ugly, Shearer "Mary Poppins" etc? Imagine Gartside saying that on a jolly-up and transpose the emotions...

And of course he's a fat-faced interfering self-serving twonk. On an unrelated note, how do Wigan fans view Dave Whelan?

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu May 10, 2007 12:39 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
David Lee's Hair wrote:Roeder isn't particularly unpopular on the Toon tbh DSB. The gripe most fans have appears to be with the board.
How can they gripe at the board FFS? They have given more transfer money then most other teams other then the big two! I'd probably say just as much if not more then Liverpool.
Wasn't it Shepherd and (Douglas) Hall who called them gormless shirt-buying sheep, the local woman ugly, Shearer "Mary Poppins" etc? Imagine Gartside saying that on a jolly-up and transpose the emotions...

And of course he's a fat-faced interfering self-serving twonk. On an unrelated note, how do Wigan fans view Dave Whelan?
Yes, but apart from that. :mrgreen:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu May 10, 2007 12:54 pm

I agree SOTWA (other than the personal abuse they throww at them) the amount of cash they throw at the club is amazing. But doesn't always work like that though does it in the mind of a gormless shirt buying sheep
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 10, 2007 12:56 pm

trotter58 wrote:For what it's worth i wasn't referring to you as one of the pedants.
OK...
trotter58 wrote:Personally i feel that Allardyce was tapped up and that he resigned rather than face a protracted battle over compensation. Leaves a very sour taste in the mouth. Like i said, there's a right way and a wrong way to leave a club, particularly one that has done as much for him as ours.
Fair enough, and if that turns out to be the case I agree. I'm not sure he was tapped up, but it's fair to say Shepherd has made it plain in the past that he's wanted up there.

I think Allardcye had probably tired of the fiscal restraints at BWFC and wanted a rest (or a change, which some say is as good...). Certainly it seems he hasn't enjoyed himself this season, since McClown trumped him for the Big Job.

BWFC did a lot for Allardyce, but I'd argue he did a lot more for us.
trotter58 wrote:However Allardyce may find himself in an uncomfortable situation when he arrives, the latest polls show that the majority of Newcastle fans would prefer Eriksson. Cue pedants disputing these figures...
:mrgreen: Leave it....

You're damn right that he won't (wouldn't?) be universally popular up there. The long-ball tag sticks. Also the new manager's first job will be signing resolutely unsexy defenders...

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Thu May 10, 2007 12:57 pm

Newcastle supporters will never give anyone the time that Allardyce got at Bolton to re-build the club from top to bottom. Like every other 'big' club they expect to win, and win in style, every single week. If they don't, then they get on the manager's back, then they get on the chairman's back and finally Fat Freddie caves in and gives them yet another manager. One per season on average for the last eleven or twelve seasons (pedants feel free to dispute these figures) Alan Curbishley said that he had never experienced pressure like that at West Ham after a relatively comfortable existance at Charlton. If Allardyce doesn't hit the ground running and deliver immediate success, he'll get the same treatment.
'No issues with Warnock, he's got a fine record, experience and has been there and done it. Unlike LSL' © Fathead 18/08/07

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu May 10, 2007 1:10 pm

Good word "pedant". It's got a certain ring to it. Mind you, it can be overused.

By the way trotter58, I agree with you on this one.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu May 10, 2007 3:27 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Good word "pedant". It's got a certain ring to it. Mind you, it can be overused.

Re the word "pedant". Did you know it was Which Tyler who led the Pedant's revolt !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 10, 2007 3:30 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Good word "pedant". It's got a certain ring to it. Mind you, it can be overused.

Which one?

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Thu May 10, 2007 4:14 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

Re the word "pedant". Did you know it was Which Tyler who led the Pedant's revolt !
I see WATT you did there, Bobo, very good. :wink:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Strangely Brown
BB Reject
BB Reject

Post by Strangely Brown » Thu May 10, 2007 4:16 pm

Nowt like some good ol' LIGHT hearted humour, eh?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 10, 2007 4:25 pm

Strangely Brown wrote:Nowt like some good ol' LIGHT hearted humour, eh?
And that was.... (etc)

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Thu May 10, 2007 5:24 pm

Which one?
His post timed 12:57.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 10, 2007 6:08 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:

Which one?
His post timed 12:57.
Ah - ta

I see Fat Freddie is doing his level best to unsettle Owen - claiming the rumours of the £9m release clause "came from him or someone near him"

Way to go, chubby-chops

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu May 10, 2007 7:34 pm

trotter58 wrote:For what it's worth i wasn't referring to you as one of the pedants.
OK...
He's worse - he's a journalist and source of all rumours and misinformation of the type that this thread is about.

:D

PS - I'm supposed to be the pedant, a role I take seriously.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 10, 2007 7:41 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
OK...
He's worse - he's a journalist and source of all rumours and misinformation of the type that this thread is about.
:D
PS - I'm supposed to be the pedant, a role I take seriously.
Would that I was that prolific!

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Fri May 11, 2007 12:07 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... _page.html
BOLTON can sleep easily after Sam Allardyce promised not to haunt the Reebok Stadium, trying to steal his old backroom staff and stars such as Kevin Davies, Nicolas Anelka and Kevin Nolan.

Wanderers chairman Phil Gartside is desperate to protect the coaching team that Allardyce put together and he is also determined to keep his squad together - and prevent an exodus.

Bolton are ready to name Mike Forde as their general manager and Allardyce will have to look elsewhere for coaches too.

Newcastle are keen to keep Nigel Pearson, Lee Clark and Terry McDermott - so Big Sam will have to work with them at Toon.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri May 11, 2007 7:19 am

Daxter wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... _page.html
BOLTON can sleep easily after Sam Allardyce promised not to haunt the Reebok Stadium, trying to steal his old backroom staff and stars such as Kevin Davies, Nicolas Anelka and Kevin Nolan.

Wanderers chairman Phil Gartside is desperate to protect the coaching team that Allardyce put together and he is also determined to keep his squad together - and prevent an exodus.

Bolton are ready to name Mike Forde as their general manager and Allardyce will have to look elsewhere for coaches too.

Newcastle are keen to keep Nigel Pearson, Lee Clark and Terry McDermott - so Big Sam will have to work with them at Toon.
And we are to believe that like he hoped we believed he was resigning for family reasons............yeah right!!!
Sam is sinking faster than the Titanic in my eyes at the moment, I for one will find it hard to believe anything that spouts from his gob in future!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri May 11, 2007 8:09 am

that's either nonsense or plain silly. Why would you want to keep that lot?? Lee Clark's a tool, Mcdermott an old alky and Pearson has to take some responsbility along with Rodent for the shoddy team they are. Plus why enforce a group of coaches on your new manager? It's just an excuse for him if things don't work.

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Fri May 11, 2007 8:39 am

The Mirror reports today that Big Phil Scolari has thrown his hat on the Toon job.

That would make it interesting!
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri May 11, 2007 12:04 pm

Nice one eh Sam, still waiting for your appointment and your one and only star player is being abused by the fat d**khead that signed him and agreed to his contract!!!! Even PG looks like a saint when put up against Freddie feckin' Kruger.
Wish you were here?

yours sincerly

The lads @ the Reebok