ALLARDYCE APPOINTED NEWCASTLE MANAGER

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Tue May 15, 2007 9:01 pm

I like it cause essentially it's using an event to restate the authors opinion of something - in this case, a right slagging of the delusional north. My kind of journalism.
What could've happened; did.

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Interesting Article on the Beeb by Phil McNulty

Post by trotter58 » Tue May 15, 2007 9:02 pm

mullayo wrote:No end of Opta statistics, or details of any number of backroom scientific experts employed at Bolton, will disabuse some fans of the notion that his approach was actually based on getting the ball to Kevin Davies and hoping for the best.
That's because it was!
'No issues with Warnock, he's got a fine record, experience and has been there and done it. Unlike LSL' © Fathead 18/08/07

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue May 15, 2007 9:02 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:check the wording - he could be the first "signing" as opposed to "buy"
Feck me - it's because I've checked the exact wording that I'm asking the question!
not the fecking ticket or a website mongface - pick the fecking phone up and ask the bookies not us :roll:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue May 15, 2007 9:07 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:check the wording - he could be the first "signing" as opposed to "buy"
Feck me - it's because I've checked the exact wording that I'm asking the question!
not the fecking ticket or a website mongface - pick the fecking phone up and ask the bookies not us :roll:
Ohhhh, I see. :D
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 15, 2007 9:28 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
trotter58 wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:surely even Shepherd isn't stupid enough to sign a £13m managerial contract (more if the backroom is overhauled), fund summer signings then pull the plug before September, when at least one board somewhere panics and presses the eject button...
Wanna bet?
Are you Larry Ladbrokes? :mrgreen: He's stoopid, but not that stoopid.
Are you sure? Didn't Souness get a fat severance check? Or do you mean he wouldn't be stupid enough to do it again?
Souness left after 17 months at the club. It's easily checkable.

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue May 15, 2007 9:34 pm

Freddy Shepherd must have bottomless pockets.

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Tue May 15, 2007 9:55 pm

Batman wrote:Freddy Shepherd must have bottomless pockets.
Am i right in saying that Newcastle's overdraft is secured against future season ticket sales? In other words they are so confident that 55,000 morons will keep turning up week in week out, whatever shit they serve up, that they keep on spending money they haven't actually received yet.
'No issues with Warnock, he's got a fine record, experience and has been there and done it. Unlike LSL' © Fathead 18/08/07

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 15, 2007 9:56 pm

trotter58 wrote:
Am i right in saying that Newcastle's overdraft is secured against future season ticket sales? In other words they are so confident that 55,000 morons will keep turning up week in week out, whatever shit they serve up, that they keep on spending money they haven't actually received yet.
You may be right about the finances
You're definitely right about the thought process

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue May 15, 2007 10:50 pm

i heard he has a pocketless bottom :shock:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue May 15, 2007 10:57 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Ok, I have just been looking at the betting on Ladbrokes for "the first Bolton player to be bought by Sam Allardyce."

For some reason Ladbrokes seem pretty sure that Allardyce will want Nolan - they're only offering 1/2 on the bet I've outlined above, which seems crazily short odds. Anelka is the next shortest, miles away at 7/1. So yeah, sounds like somebody in the know has said something about Nolan...

The reason I was looking at the bet, is because it seems likely that Allardyce will offer Ben Haim a decent wedge to go to Newcastle, but he is a massive 33/1 for the above bet. Do you think the wording of "buying" means that they wouldn't pay out on TBH if he were signed once his contract here had run out?
Right, I have emailed them to ask under what circumstances they would pay out on a player whose contract runs out soon. Would a pre-contract agreement count while he's still at Bolton... etc.

I'd definitely have a few quid on it if it were a straight 33/1 bet on Haim being the first of our current squad to end up at Newcastle.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue May 15, 2007 11:11 pm

Keep it in your pocket

Methinks the relationship between Sam and TBH was seriously strained by the end
Sto ut Serviam

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue May 15, 2007 11:13 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Keep it in your pocket

Methinks the relationship between Sam and TBH was seriously strained by the end

Aye that would maketh sense considering the swing from tbh

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue May 15, 2007 11:53 pm

S'pose... but let's not forget that Sam was thinking the same as Ben Haim all along...

I dunno, I think they could easily get over their differences if Sam got a good centreback with Prem experience for no transfer fee, and Ben Haim got £30k a week at a big club on the cusp of something big (as the pitch to him would go....).

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed May 16, 2007 1:24 am

How come there are always a load of Geordies with nothing better to do (such as a job) on these unveiling occasions...?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/content/artic ... ture.shtml

mullayo
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by mullayo » Wed May 16, 2007 4:14 am

Hey are we gonna get any dosh out of this?

Short retirement he barely had time to drive up Tyneside.

Can we sue him or the club?
What could've happened; did.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 am

mullayo wrote:Hey are we gonna get any dosh out of this?

Curiously most on this board seem like they don't want too . . . after all, we're clearly rolling in dough :crazy:

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed May 16, 2007 8:01 am

You can tell that when the fixtures come out in three weeks the first game of the season is gonna be Newcastle coming to the Bok.........

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed May 16, 2007 8:33 am

Mark Tyson from Jesmond said: "I think he'll adapt to the situation. He'll know that we don't like long-ball football up here, so I think he'll adapt to that and take that in mind."
Like we liked it!!! Poor Mark, he has a wake up call. Its Sams way or no way mate, unlucky,

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed May 16, 2007 9:48 am

officer_dibble wrote:
Mark Tyson from Jesmond said: "I think he'll adapt to the situation. He'll know that we don't like long-ball football up here, so I think he'll adapt to that and take that in mind."
Like we liked it!!! Poor Mark, he has a wake up call. Its Sams way or no way mate, unlucky,
Yeah, Martins and co are going to be well chuffed with all that tracking back and defending.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 16, 2007 10:35 am

mullayo wrote:Hey are we gonna get any dosh out of this?

'salreet, his new mate hired a helicopter...