Beckham

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Beckham

Post by cowdrill » Sat May 26, 2007 12:39 pm

Back in the England squad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 694743.stm

this is the final straw for me

McClaren is worse than effin Eriksen

Beckham hasnt performed for England for about 4 years (i couldnt give a shit how he plays for Real Madrid)

pathetic
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Sat May 26, 2007 1:02 pm

Oh for f**ks sake! He comes back for a glamour friendly to impress his sponsors before he f**ks off to America

Pathetic!

SACK McCLAREN!
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sat May 26, 2007 1:07 pm

Spanish critics are raving, saying he's pretty much mounted Madrid's title charge.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Sat May 26, 2007 1:09 pm

Verbal wrote:Spanish critics are raving, saying he's pretty much mounted Madrid's title charge.
And if he was staying in Madrid or even Europe my opinion might be a bit different, he chose yank money in a joke league so f**k him
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sat May 26, 2007 1:10 pm

Henrik's fan club wrote:
Verbal wrote:Spanish critics are raving, saying he's pretty much mounted Madrid's title charge.
And if he was staying in Madrid or even Europe my opinion might be a bit different, he chose yank money in a joke league so f**k him
If he's good enough he can play in my view.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat May 26, 2007 1:12 pm

He'll be playing yank football through our summer

He can then return on a winter loan to Europe

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Sat May 26, 2007 2:22 pm

I think he`s wonderful and his mrs is well talented as well.
Mclaren is a genius,get Campbell back in and jobs a good un. :roll:

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sat May 26, 2007 2:32 pm

ALLARDYCE FOR ENGLAND!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Sat May 26, 2007 2:39 pm

so what
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Sat May 26, 2007 2:51 pm

tbh England can't do any worse with Beckham in the side. Backward step maybe, but would you rather have had Nolan? At least Beckham is in form.
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat May 26, 2007 3:23 pm

bobby5 wrote:tbh England can't do any worse with Beckham in the side. Backward step maybe, but would you rather have had Nolan? At least Beckham is in form.
The thing is Beckham hasn't been on form for England since the Greece qualifying game. This is a huge backward step as far as I am concerned. And although it is hard to believe McClaren has gone down even further in my estimation than he was before. It just shows when you think you have hit rock bottom there another huge chasm below it.

There are so many other options available with Lennon or Bentley on the right. Beckham is the equivilant of that American Football player who sits on the bench until late in the game where he runs on and kicks for goal (Is that the correct terminology?). He offers absolutely nothing during the game.

Do everyone a favour McClaren and hold your hands up like Keegan and admit you are just not good enough and resign. :whack:

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Sat May 26, 2007 3:33 pm

Beckham has been a great player for England but I agree his last 10 or so games were not good. And it is a backward step. We'll have to wait and see how well he does. Remember before the World Cup there was a near riot when Hargreaves was named in the squad and look what happened. Certainly puts McCarrot under pressure.

Possible scenario - England 0 - 2 Estonia - Ashley completes takeover of Newcastle - Mclaren sacked as England coach - Newcastle part company with Allardyce - Sven appointed supremo on Tyneside - Allardyce says "I just need a break from football" (Tuesday) - England appoint Allardyce (Thursday).
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Sat May 26, 2007 4:06 pm

I think Beckham should be in the squad definitely. I just think for McLaren to go back on this decision on Beckham shows how much McLaren is struggling. If I was Beckham I would be quite offended - clearly given the cold shoulder by McLaren and now McLaren wants to use him to enhance his reputation as England manager because everyone is on his case.

Its an absolute joke that McLaren was given the England job. He was number 2 to the crappy Sven regime - I mean for sure if Sven was an amazing success then McLaren would be a good bet to carry things on, but the fact is Sven was inept. McLaren was a crap club manager - he spent a lot of money at Middlesbrough but he never really did anything to write home about.

Big Sam for England! I am happy to say that knowing we won't lose anything if it happened.

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Sat May 26, 2007 5:29 pm

Mich Caine wrote:I think Beckham should be in the squad definitely. I just think for McLaren to go back on this decision on Beckham shows how much McLaren is struggling. If I was Beckham I would be quite offended - clearly given the cold shoulder by McLaren and now McLaren wants to use him to enhance his reputation as England manager because everyone is on his case.

Its an absolute joke that McLaren was given the England job. He was number 2 to the crappy Sven regime - I mean for sure if Sven was an amazing success then McLaren would be a good bet to carry things on, but the fact is Sven was inept. McLaren was a crap club manager - he spent a lot of money at Middlesbrough but he never really did anything to write home about.

Big Sam for England! I am happy to say that knowing we won't lose anything if it happened.

I dont think i like your tone.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat May 26, 2007 5:46 pm

I think he should be there, all i want from my England manager selection wise is that he picks the in form players instead of continually picking shite like Jenas. Beckham appears to have been playing well, so should be there. If we're picking people on whether they've done well for England over the last 10 games, we'd have to get a new squad. I've watched Lennon a number of times this season, and he's done fook all in all of them, he's fast and thats about as far as it go's.

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Sat May 26, 2007 6:17 pm

cowdrill wrote:
Mich Caine wrote:I think Beckham should be in the squad definitely. I just think for McLaren to go back on this decision on Beckham shows how much McLaren is struggling. If I was Beckham I would be quite offended - clearly given the cold shoulder by McLaren and now McLaren wants to use him to enhance his reputation as England manager because everyone is on his case.

:)
The voices in my head may not be real...but they have some great ideas!

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Sat May 26, 2007 6:20 pm

cowdrill wrote:

Cowdrill, lets not make this a duel between the funniest and second funniest posters on the forum.

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Sat May 26, 2007 6:44 pm

yeller huh?

8)

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat May 26, 2007 7:11 pm

given that we've hardly been great without him, why not pick a player in form? RM have taken 24 from 27 since his return to the team. It's a must win game and his ability to put crosses in could be the difference.

For all his faults and poor shows, he no show pony and will give his all.

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Sat May 26, 2007 7:31 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:ALLARDYCE FOR ENGLAND!
I wonder..... would he drop Newcastle if the FA came knocking?

Course he f*cking would!
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"