scott parker

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

scott parker

Post by officer_dibble » Thu May 31, 2007 2:50 pm

see BSA's first dealing involving money at Newcastle is to sell his captain, who wants a move back to the capital.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 706955.stm

Looks like a Reo-Joker replacement, and not a bad one at that. Interestingly enough Spurs tried to hijak it as their world record attempt for the largest squad in the history of association football rumbles on.

Wonder who t'other sam fancies as a replacement?

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu May 31, 2007 2:54 pm

barton if rags are to be believed

i wouldn't be surprised if sam's under instructions to reduce wage bill

one interesting thing in that report was that newc has 5th biggest wage bill... and where did they finish last year?

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Thu May 31, 2007 3:04 pm

I'm currently on the Network Rail website booking Nolan's train ticket to the Toon....
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Thu May 31, 2007 3:08 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:I'm currently on the Network Rail website booking Nolan's train ticket to the Toon....
Is there a queue?

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Thu May 31, 2007 3:37 pm

warthog wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote:I'm currently on the Network Rail website booking Nolan's train ticket to the Toon....
Is there a queue?
Enough people have ordered him a ticket to enable him to complete a takeover of Virgin Trains.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu May 31, 2007 3:40 pm

warthog wrote:
Is there a queue?
if he wants to be next to the buffet car yes - quite a popular area to sit apparantly :roll:

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu May 31, 2007 4:02 pm

has he got a lift to the station?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu May 31, 2007 4:13 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:has he got a lift to the station?
Apparantly an air lift from Warton is on standby :shock:

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu May 31, 2007 4:17 pm

Thats what this board's been missing. Not enough Nolan is fat jokes!

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu May 31, 2007 4:23 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:Thats what this board's been missing. Not enough Nolan is fat jokes!
you should've asked

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Thu May 31, 2007 5:49 pm

I just hope Nolan hasn't booked one of these all inclusive, all you can eat holidays. :)
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

walkingdownthemannyroad
Hopeful
Hopeful
Location: Near e'nuff to t'Ainsworth,so as not to get wet when crawlin' om.

Post by walkingdownthemannyroad » Thu May 31, 2007 5:55 pm

bobby5 wrote:I just hope Nolan hasn't booked one of these all inclusive, all you can eat holidays. :)

He has booked two..............at the same time!!!
A wise old owl,lived in an oak.
The more he saw,the less he spoke.
The less he spoke,the more heard.
I wish I was that wise old bird.

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Thu May 31, 2007 7:05 pm

Shocking how much stick you are all giving Nolan. He has been amazing for Bolton, he has been a near permanent fixture in the Bolton team that has had 6 consecutive successful seasons in the top flight.

So he has a bad second half of the season. But so did Gardner, Hunt, Campo, TBH, Speed, Stelios, Diouf, etc. Come on slate them. We all know Nolan has hot and cold spells and its no surprise he struggled in the second half of the season because he was playing around junk.

We have never had it so good, we have a really good player in Kevin Nolan, I hope things don't go pear shaped now Big Sam has left and we hit the slippery slope like Forest - because if we do we will end up having players like Gary Holt in midfield or Jeff Smith in our starting line up in a few years, then you will realise how good you once had it.

I am well annoyed with the lot of you. Just lay off Nolan, because no one wants to see death on the forum.

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu May 31, 2007 7:11 pm

We would lay off him, but he's such a BIG target

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu May 31, 2007 7:11 pm

Oh, and Scott Parker is a bag of shit.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu May 31, 2007 7:14 pm

Mich Caine wrote:Shocking how much stick you are all giving Nolan. He has been amazing for Bolton, he has been a near permanent fixture in the Bolton team that has had 6 consecutive successful seasons in the top flight.
Yeah I've been amazed how poor he's been for ages a nd that he's managed to command a place almost every game. Were it not for an absence of replacements I doubt he'd have has so many games.

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Thu May 31, 2007 8:01 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
Mich Caine wrote:Shocking how much stick you are all giving Nolan. He has been amazing for Bolton, he has been a near permanent fixture in the Bolton team that has had 6 consecutive successful seasons in the top flight.
Yeah I've been amazed how poor he's been for ages a nd that he's managed to command a place almost every game. Were it not for an absence of replacements I doubt he'd have has so many games.
Do you think him being captain makes it harder to drop him? Was it a good idea to make him captain in the first place?
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu May 31, 2007 8:07 pm

bobby5 wrote:
Do you think him being captain makes it harder to drop him? Was it a good idea to make him captain in the first place?
he had a couple of great games right after he was named - but it didn't last...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu May 31, 2007 8:56 pm

bobby5 wrote:
Not being able to lift him makes it hard to drop him.

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Thu May 31, 2007 9:02 pm

But have you never thought that his form dipped when the rest of the team was crap? Speed has been carried for a year now. Gardner is a sack of poo this season, TBH who you all want to be signed up on big wages has been a waste of space and is a Judith for 6 months. Hunt has been a nightmare, Thompson was a sack of poo, Tal was a joke, Stelios did absolutely nothing this last season, it was the end of Ped head, it was the end of Campo, Diouf did nothing in the second half of the season, Vaz Te went missing this year, Sam clearly had lost interest at Bolton - all these factors contributed to his form dipping.

If we get some good players in and start playing well again and he has some fellow decent players in midfield - you can bet your bottom dollar than Nolan will be on fire! Nolan is a top player, but things around him were just totally crap in 2007. No one was complaining when we were in 4th position in december and he was captain fantastic.

You are all crazy to slaughter him.