Southgate

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Southgate

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:27 pm

Looks like the FA's favourite team are going to be allowed to break the rules again next season

http://www.football365.com/story/0,1703 ... 47,00.html

I know the qualification means nowt but is it bollocks that he is allowed to continue breaking the rules set by starting the season not being enrolled on the right course??

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:38 pm

Aye, Rules is rules after all, whats the point in having them if you can pick and choose who they apply too

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:51 pm

:wall: :wall: :wall:
This really f*cked me off when I wrote an article about it last summer, and it just keeps getting worse. Is he a fecking retard? This is the man who claimed he couldn't do his badges while a player because of "England duty". Yeah, busy in 2003 and 2005 weren't you Gaz? :roll: no really :roll: :roll:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Southgate

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:55 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Looks like the FA's favourite team are going to be allowed to break the rules again next season

http://www.football365.com/story/0,1703 ... 47,00.html

I know the qualification means nowt but is it bollocks that he is allowed to continue breaking the rules set by starting the season not being enrolled on the right course??
Sorry Dibs, it doesn't mean nothing, it's vitally important. Unqualified coaches (generally ex-players who don't know shit from clay) means unqualified players means continuing head-banging at international level. Other European nations recognised the value of coaching the coaches decades ago. We still think it's OK to live on reputation - see Bryan Robson, et al. This is probably the only country in which the likes of Carlton Palmer would be employed, and ask Stockport fans about that one.

Sorry, steam valve untilised, DSB calmer, but this rule does matter. I'm sick of our developing players being held back by being taught by unqualified dunderheads.[/b]

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:09 pm

agree, it's a joke that they're on one hand happy to ask for rules to be bent on this and on another gibson is wishing sheff utd luck in their particular case.

i look forward to his new neighbour BSA giving him shit

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:44 pm

but i thought a monkey with half a brain could get the badges? :conf:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:37 pm

DSB, but he's the manager, he's responsible for picking the team and tactics, what does it matter if the manager is qualified so long as the actual coaches are - managers manage and coaches coach. Allardyce was all about being a facilitator and employing people with the knowledge and skills.

I mean how many lessons does it take to teach someone how to put cones out?? ;)

Crouch > Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: Southgate

Post by Crouch > Davies » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:02 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Sorry Dibs, it doesn't mean nothing, it's vitally important. Unqualified coaches (generally ex-players who don't know shit from clay) means unqualified players means continuing head-banging at international level. Other European nations recognised the value of coaching the coaches decades ago. We still think it's OK to live on reputation - see Bryan Robson, et al. This is probably the only country in which the likes of Carlton Palmer would be employed, and ask Stockport fans about that one.

Sorry, steam valve untilised, DSB calmer, but this rule does matter. I'm sick of our developing players being held back by being taught by unqualified dunderheads.[/b]
Agreed - we got left behind on that front, a long time ago.

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:30 am

I can't think of a more suitable arrangement that him with Boro.

Dull, boring, pointless team managed by dull, boring manager, with a big nose.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:56 pm

officer_dibble wrote:but i thought a monkey with half a brain could get the badges? :conf:
First level's got summat like a 90% pass rate. Dives sharply thereafter.
communistworkethic wrote:DSB, but he's the manager, he's responsible for picking the team and tactics, what does it matter if the manager is qualified so long as the actual coaches are - managers manage and coaches coach. Allardyce was all about being a facilitator and employing people with the knowledge and skills.

I mean how many lessons does it take to teach someone how to put cones out?? ;)
Know what you man Commie but precisely what does the manager base his decisions upon, if not footballing knowledge? Much of the coursework for the later badges is not so much shuttle-runs and bibs as youth development and alternative formations (BSA presumably not invited to lecture on that one).

You can argue that you need no coaching expertise at all to be a manager – if anyone can, you can - but you know it's not true.