Non-Bolton fixture chat

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

blurred
Icon
Icon

Non-Bolton fixture chat

Post by blurred » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:44 pm

A few things that strike me from the fixture list this year:

Liverpool away from home on the opening day for the 4th year running, and 9/12 as someone pointed out on another site. Suits me, actually, as I'm away on that weekend and can't go to the game anyway, and it's only shitty Villa.

The closest game to the 50th anniversary of the Munich air disaster is Man United v Man City - that'll be absolute fecking carnage of the first order at Old Trafford if they try and mark it in any way.

Twice in the season the 'big four' play each other on the same weekend - I think it's Us v United and Arse v Chelsea in December and then later on. Smacks of Sky just wanting to have 'Super-Dooper-Uber-Mega-Sunday' and build everything up to an annoyingly large degree.

And while we had our 5 hardest away games in the first 6 last year, we've got a nice gentle run-in this year - Villa, Sunderland, Pompey, Wigan, Everton and Blackburn. Oh, and we play the other big 3 all at home before Xmas. If we're there or thereabouts by Xmas we're well and truly f*cked.

Anything else anyone noted?

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:46 pm

nah our rose tinters blink out conspiracy theories 8)

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:50 pm

Chelsea- Man U. is third last. That could be huge if the title isn't decided
'Far away, there in the sunshine are my aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they may lead.' (Louisa May Alcott)

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:05 pm

Fecking Fulham away the second week. I know it's not a Bolton thread, but the schedules are always too similar to the year before.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:12 pm

americantrotter wrote:Fecking Fulham away the second week. I know it's not a Bolton thread, but the schedules are always too similar to the year before.
at least we didnt have liverpool away on new years day/boxing day at noon for the 58th season in a row ...

theres no way its random

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:00 pm

a1 wrote:at least we didnt have liverpool away on new years day/boxing day at noon for the 58th season in a row ...

theres no way its random
Good point, actually - I'd've put money on getting you lot around New Year's again again. March makes for a pleasant change.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:26 pm

I know this is BWFC again but spotted on the official club site:

http://www.bwfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ge ... 41,00.html

"BOLTON WANDERERS will play host to Everton at the Reebok Stadium on 1 September, exactly 10 years to the day when Wanderers played their first ever game at the ground, also against Everton."

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:54 pm

Chelsea away as last game........echoes of that year 10yrs back.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:48 pm

THere must be only 3 schedules available to them. It's not like we've been in the Prem long enough to have a pattern. Wonder how the Mancs feel about that derby blurred mentioned?

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:52 pm

Should this be the time to mention that we visited United on the 40th Munich anniversary without any problem as far as I can recall?

Have more faith in Citeh fans, people.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:02 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:Should this be the time to mention that we visited United on the 40th Munich anniversary without any problem as far as I can recall?

My memory is scetchy but didn't they come to us for the anniversary? :?
Anyway, I do recall that there wasn't any problems because we were all under the threat that anyone caught disrespecting United would be thrown out and banned from all Bolton games.
Businesswoman of the year.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:16 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote:Should this be the time to mention that we visited United on the 40th Munich anniversary without any problem as far as I can recall?

My memory is scetchy but didn't they come to us for the anniversary? :?
Anyway, I do recall that there wasn't any problems because we were all under the threat that anyone caught disrespecting United would be thrown out and banned from all Bolton games.
Definitely at their place, we drew 1-1 and Bob Taylor was on his arse in the six yard box when he scored.

Think they were actually the second visitors to the Reebok that year, drew 0-0 when Blake and Pallister got sent off.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:42 pm

Your memory is certainly better than mine, Leyther! :D
I wonder what it is I'm confusing it with though? I clearly remember being at the 'bok and the fans being warned about abusing the rags for an anniversary or something. :conf:

Unless I dreamt it. :?
Businesswoman of the year.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:54 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Your memory is certainly better than mine, Leyther! :D
I wonder what it is I'm confusing it with though? I clearly remember being at the 'bok and the fans being warned about abusing the rags for an anniversary or something. :conf:

Unless I dreamt it. :?
Relatively sure that we played them at the 'Bok in February a few years ago and they beat us 4-0 in an evening game so that would figure. Think Solskjaer scored a couple and someone ran on the pitch from East Lower near the end of the game.

EGG
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by EGG » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:45 pm

well out side the prem look at this north of the border rangers play hibs,herts,abeerdean and celtic all in december setana must be wetting them sleves at that.