Benitez .... prick

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by thebish » Thu May 12, 2016 9:01 am

So... Newcastle relegated - lots of comment this morning - and still almost universal awe and respect for Benitez, who, in the 9 games he has had (about a quarter of a season) has mustered 10pts - including none against Aston Villa...

I guess he HAS at least got a track record elesewhere that gives him the benefit of the doubt, which might explain it..

however...

up rolls Sheeerah - yet again - to say that the same mistakes have been made by the club as in the past... I was manager dontchaknow and wasn't given enough time.... it's not rafa's fault just like it wasn't MY fault - no!!

presumably Sheeeerah only had 2 games as manager and mustered 6pts which sadly wasn't quite enough..... awwww... he did well but who can blame him?

OR...

Sheerah had 8 games - and mustered just FIVE points from the possible 24 on offer.... COCK!
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26503
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 12, 2016 9:23 am

thebish wrote:So... Newcastle relegated - lots of comment this morning - and still almost universal awe and respect for Benitez, who, in the 9 games he has had (about a quarter of a season) has mustered 10pts - including none against Aston Villa...

I guess he HAS at least got a track record elesewhere that gives him the benefit of the doubt, which might explain it..

however...

up rolls Sheeerah - yet again - to say that the same mistakes have been made by the club as in the past... I was manager dontchaknow and wasn't given enough time.... it's not rafa's fault just like it wasn't MY fault - no!!

presumably Sheeeerah only had 2 games as manager and mustered 6pts which sadly wasn't quite enough..... awwww... he did well but who can blame him?

OR...

Sheerah had 8 games - and mustered just FIVE points from the possible 24 on offer.... COCK!
To be fair to Benitez it isn't really his fault. They were shit before he came.

I actually think the blame lies mainly at the fans door. Screaming for Pardew to go has to be one of the most idiotic things a fanbase has ever done. He was a good manager who can build a solid side. But Newcastle fans seem to think they should be pushing for the top 4 despite being pretty much shite since Sir Bobby left.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36114
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 12, 2016 9:28 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
I actually think the blame lies mainly at the fans door. Screaming for Pardew to go has to be one of the most idiotic things a fanbase has ever done.
And let us not forget the cries of "You don't know what you're doing" aimed at the guy who's just kept their neighbours up at their own expense.

The BBC this morning were saying, and I quote, that "one of the great English clubs has been relegated from the Premiership". No they haven't. Newcastle have never won a fecking thing in my lifetime - they just draw big crowds because they have a big catchment area.
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by thebish » Thu May 12, 2016 9:55 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:So... Newcastle relegated - lots of comment this morning - and still almost universal awe and respect for Benitez, who, in the 9 games he has had (about a quarter of a season) has mustered 10pts - including none against Aston Villa...

I guess he HAS at least got a track record elesewhere that gives him the benefit of the doubt, which might explain it..

however...

up rolls Sheeerah - yet again - to say that the same mistakes have been made by the club as in the past... I was manager dontchaknow and wasn't given enough time.... it's not rafa's fault just like it wasn't MY fault - no!!

presumably Sheeeerah only had 2 games as manager and mustered 6pts which sadly wasn't quite enough..... awwww... he did well but who can blame him?

OR...

Sheerah had 8 games - and mustered just FIVE points from the possible 24 on offer.... COCK!
To be fair to Benitez it isn't really his fault. They were shit before he came.

I actually think the blame lies mainly at the fans door. Screaming for Pardew to go has to be one of the most idiotic things a fanbase has ever done. He was a good manager who can build a solid side. But Newcastle fans seem to think they should be pushing for the top 4 despite being pretty much shite since Sir Bobby left.
with ten games to go - I reckon Sam would have kept Newcastle up... so, in my book, Sam > Benitez > Shearer!
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3558
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 5:33 pm

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by malcd1 » Thu May 12, 2016 12:14 pm

It took Sam quite a long time (28'ish games he has been in charge) to turn Sunderland around. Saying that, they were in a mess when he took over.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26503
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 12, 2016 12:26 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:So... Newcastle relegated - lots of comment this morning - and still almost universal awe and respect for Benitez, who, in the 9 games he has had (about a quarter of a season) has mustered 10pts - including none against Aston Villa...

I guess he HAS at least got a track record elesewhere that gives him the benefit of the doubt, which might explain it..

however...

up rolls Sheeerah - yet again - to say that the same mistakes have been made by the club as in the past... I was manager dontchaknow and wasn't given enough time.... it's not rafa's fault just like it wasn't MY fault - no!!

presumably Sheeeerah only had 2 games as manager and mustered 6pts which sadly wasn't quite enough..... awwww... he did well but who can blame him?

OR...

Sheerah had 8 games - and mustered just FIVE points from the possible 24 on offer.... COCK!
To be fair to Benitez it isn't really his fault. They were shit before he came.

I actually think the blame lies mainly at the fans door. Screaming for Pardew to go has to be one of the most idiotic things a fanbase has ever done. He was a good manager who can build a solid side. But Newcastle fans seem to think they should be pushing for the top 4 despite being pretty much shite since Sir Bobby left.
with ten games to go - I reckon Sam would have kept Newcastle up... so, in my book, Sam > Benitez > Shearer!
Not so sure. 10 games isn't much and he couldn't have brought in his own players. Newcastle don't have a Defoe either, so think like Benitez he'd have had his work cut out.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by thebish » Thu May 12, 2016 12:30 pm

^ heresy! booooooooooooooooooooo!
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19597
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:49 am
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England
Contact:

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by bobo the clown » Thu May 12, 2016 6:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:To be fair to Benitez ...
What ?????

I don't understand that.

:conf: :conf: :conf:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23804
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 12, 2016 6:11 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:To be fair to Benitez ...
What ?????

I don't understand that.

:conf: :conf: :conf:
:lol:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:41 pm

meanwhile...

Newcastle United's opening-night defeat by Fulham was a Championship "wake-up call" for their "anxious" players, says manager Rafael Benitez.
The Magpies, pre-season promotion favourites in the second tier, lost 1-0 at Craven Cottage to Matt Smith's first-half header.
Benitez stayed with Newcastle despite Premier League relegation in May.
"At the beginning we were nervous, in the second half we made the wrong decisions," Benitez told BBC Newcastle.
"It's a wake-up call. We will have games more difficult than this one.


oops... :laugh:
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12994
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:30 pm

They thought Pardew was a divisive cvnt who was a posterboy for the cockney mafia and they despised his attitude, his behavior and his disdain for all things Geordie.

I'm sure even now, most of them would rather be out of the Premier League without him than in the Premier League with him
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26503
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:48 pm

boltonboris wrote:They thought Pardew was a divisive cvnt who was a posterboy for the cockney mafia and they despised his attitude, his behavior and his disdain for all things Geordie.

I'm sure even now, most of them would rather be out of the Premier League without him than in the Premier League with him
Indeed. Just shows how stupid and deluded they really are.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12994
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:They thought Pardew was a divisive cvnt who was a posterboy for the cockney mafia and they despised his attitude, his behavior and his disdain for all things Geordie.

I'm sure even now, most of them would rather be out of the Premier League without him than in the Premier League with him
Indeed. Just shows how stupid and deluded they really are.
Why? There's more to supporting a club to what division you'll be watching them in. Personally, I feel it's better to have that view and that passion for your club, more than letting the owners pocket more millions.

You'd probably swap our European days for still being in the Premier League I imagine.

You'd probably think Wigan should give their FA Cup back and see if they can swap it for another seat at the top table. Portsmouth too

You're completely soulless when it comes to football.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26503
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:30 pm

boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:They thought Pardew was a divisive cvnt who was a posterboy for the cockney mafia and they despised his attitude, his behavior and his disdain for all things Geordie.

I'm sure even now, most of them would rather be out of the Premier League without him than in the Premier League with him
Indeed. Just shows how stupid and deluded they really are.
Why? There's more to supporting a club to what division you'll be watching them in. Personally, I feel it's better to have that view and that passion for your club, more than letting the owners pocket more millions.

You'd probably swap our European days for still being in the Premier League I imagine.

You'd probably think Wigan should give their FA Cup back and see if they can swap it for another seat at the top table. Portsmouth too

You're completely soulless when it comes to football.
Newcastle fans would rather rot in the championship because they didn't personally like the manager? How is that about anything other than delusion. They didn't like him because they thought midtable premiership football was beneath them. And they thought he was a puppet to their unpopular owner. Remind me, is their ownership changed? I think not.

They are utterly deluded. Managers come and go, and sometimes you like em, sometimes you don't, but hounding one out above anything else has nowt to do with soul and everything to do with modern football bullshit and dickhead fans.

There isn't any point wishing things were different. They are how they are. Premiership football is so vastly wealthy that your only chance of success as a club is being in the top flight. You simply cannot divorce the two. Our European campaigns were only possible because of our premiership status and money. What have Newcastle got to show for their past 50 years or so efforts? Precious little. They might want to think on before hounding out more managers who are more successful in recent seasons than they are as a club.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:21 pm

meanwhile - on a slight tangent...

Image
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:26 pm

currently 2 down to burnley...
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

User avatar
Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8548
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Skye high

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:55 pm

thebish wrote:currently 2 down to burnley...
Isn't he supposed to be the messiah? Or have the Geordies gotten carried away again?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20234
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by Prufrock » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:57 pm

Scousers. Insert different messiah. Same old result.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by thebish » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:58 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
thebish wrote:currently 2 down to burnley...
Isn't he supposed to be the messiah? Or have the Geordies gotten carried away again?
never? surely not? :lol:
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36114
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Benitez .... prick

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:11 pm

So, today would've been John Lennon's 80th birthday. As such the BBC's regional television news bods for some reason decided to seek out remarks from the city's two football managers. I haven't a clue what Ancelotti came out with nor which language he chose to come out with it in, however, then on to Klopp for his tribute. Klopp opines how Lennon wrote some of the greatest songs ever and how his death presumably robbed the world of many more - fair enough. So what on Earth made him burst into Yellow Submarine? It wasn't even Lennon who sang what can only be described as their absolute piss-take!

So on that score alone, I nominate Jurgen Klopp - Prick. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests