And Engerlund?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:27 pm

fatshaft wrote:
Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:

And well done to Mclaren for picking the best possible team rather then the best eleven players.

There yaaar, credit when and were its due.

You can't really give him credit for picking a team that was dictated by injuries.
Not really. Three weeks ago if you'd have asked people to list players to partner Owen up front in Crouch/Rooneys absence. How many do you think would've featured Heskey high on the list? Not many, if any at all. A probably similar majority would've chosen Carrick over Barry too.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:38 pm

Quite right Tom.

If, on t'other hand, Lamps, Rooney, Neville and Beckham were all fit, do you think he would have gone ahead and selected the likes of Heskey, Barry, SWP, and Richards? Not on yer nelly he would have. And we would have been wank.
Smarties have answers.....

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:40 pm

I like he's taken one or two risks myself, but only because they were successful. It could have quite easily all gone the other way though a-la Sven and Theo Walcott.

McClaren is still a tosspot. End of.
Businesswoman of the year.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:42 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:I like he's taken one or two risks myself, but only because they were successful. It could have quite easily all gone the other way though a-la Sven and Theo Walcott.

McClaren is still a tosspot. End of.
And the fact he bloody well knew his job was dependant on these two results!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:44 pm

This thread has been going far too long without a:

McCLAREN OUT!

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:44 pm

Bench wrote:Quite right Tom.

If, on t'other hand, Lamps, Rooney, Neville and Beckham were all fit, do you think he would have gone ahead and selected the likes of Heskey, Barry, SWP, and Richards? Not on yer nelly he would have. And we would have been wank.
No he wouldn't. But then again i'm not trying to make out he's the saviour of English football, he's shite. That said, he deserves heaps of credit for choosing players that, even with the injuries, would've still been way down on most peoples pecking orders.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:00 pm

Which makes his next team selection interesting, if all are fit. Carson, King, Bridge, Hargreaves, Lampard, Rooney and Crouch on the bench?

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:08 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:

Which makes his next team selection interesting, if all are fit. Carson, King, Bridge, Hargreaves, Lampard, Rooney and Crouch on the bench?
We could even see some of the 'bench players' pushed back into the 'B' team. Defoe, Johnson etc

Still, I'll be shouting for Mclaren out as long as I keep having to witness Phil fxcking Neville getting ten minutes at the end of every match! :whack:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:15 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Carson, King, Bridge, Hargreaves, Lampard, Rooney and Crouch on the bench?
We could even see some of the 'bench players' pushed back into the 'B' team. Defoe, Johnson etc
I see Jermaine Jenas has already packed up his carpet bowls and p!ssed off.
Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Still, I'll be shouting for Mclaren out as long as I keep having to witness Phil fxcking Neville getting ten minutes at the end of every match!
Aye, odd that...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:24 pm

Still, I'll be shouting for Mclaren out as long as I keep having to witness Phil fxcking Neville getting ten minutes at the end of every match! :whack:
Aye, the logic there is if somebody's going to get injured in the last ten minutes it might as well be him. Simple. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:50 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Not really. Three weeks ago if you'd have asked people to list players to partner Owen up front in Crouch/Rooneys absence. How many do you think would've featured Heskey high on the list?
Without sounding like I'm having a go at McClaren for having it's sake, I would imagine that Michael Owen himself would have had more than a fair shout in it. Possibly more than McClaren.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:55 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tombwfc wrote:Not really. Three weeks ago if you'd have asked people to list players to partner Owen up front in Crouch/Rooneys absence. How many do you think would've featured Heskey high on the list?
Without sounding like I'm having a go at McClaren for having it's sake, I would imagine that Michael Owen himself would have had more than a fair shout in it. Possibly more than McClaren.
You could have a bloody good point there Bruce!

Thinking about it, didn't I here that Barry and Gerrard used to play together in the youth academy?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:17 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I see Jermaine Jenas has already packed up his carpet bowls and p!ssed off.
Thank god for that - I can't think of too many England internationals I've been less impressed by at the Reebok.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:02 am

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:You could have a bloody good point there Bruce!

Thinking about it, didn't I hear that Barry and Gerrard used to play together in the youth academy?
Dunno about playing together, but they roomed together during Gerrard's first forays into the England squad.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:54 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I see Jermaine Jenas has already packed up his carpet bowls and p!ssed off.
Thank god for that - I can't think of too many England internationals I've been less impressed by at the Reebok.
He ain't the only Spur who fails to travel well! :wink:

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:57 am

I've never seen Ashley Cole, Robinson or in fact MOST of the England side play well at the Bok

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:05 pm

Batman wrote:I've never seen Ashley Cole, Robinson or in fact MOST of the England side play well at the Bok
You may get a chance this season :?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:19 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
hoboh2o wrote:Anelka played way too deep for France almost central midfield, the crazy white haired shock mop must be barking!!
Do you mean Raymond "Bolton is the arsehole of the universe" Domenech? What a lovely, lovely turn of events for that, well, frankly, c*nt.
Aye that's the one!!