(Thank God) There's only one Ronaldo

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

(Thank God) There's only one Ronaldo

Post by Batman » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:09 pm

strewth, and I thought Nobby and Braaten were on the pies

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:09 pm

el gordido
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: (Thank God) There's only one Ronaldo

Post by WhiteArmy » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:15 pm

Batman wrote:Image

strewth, and I thought Nobby and Braaten were on the pies
Looks more like there's only 2 ronaldo's :D

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:26 pm

no, just one, he ate the other

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:41 am

Have you any idea how letigious GettyImages are?

My wife works for a charity and they used a single image of theirs without permission and they got hit for over £1000 in damages. Eventually Getty settled for £450 but the fact that it was a charity cut no ice at all with them

They trawl web sites looking for such mis-use. I would dump these images now!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:27 am

Getty may be letigious [sic], but there's no commercial interest being served here and they are not being represented as anything other than a product of Getty, I think we're safe.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:42 pm

clapton is god wrote:Have you any idea how letigious GettyImages are?

My wife works for a charity and they used a single image of theirs without permission and they got hit for over £1000 in damages. Eventually Getty settled for £450 but the fact that it was a charity cut no ice at all with them

They trawl web sites looking for such mis-use. I would dump these images now!
its watermarked to jebus christ - by them . what more do they want ?

anyway theres enough "stories" of these big firms using indiependant / copyleft / copyrighted photos , passing them off as theirs in exchange for money..

in similar spin - how many times have you seen a news story with a "user generated content" thing on it (usually a video) and its credited to youtube for no reason whatsoever rather than the 'cameraman' ? theres no way of telling its from youtube other than the terrible quality , why even mention it..

its this "you the journalist" "web2.0" -type shizz that does my head in , the wrong person "gets paid" ..

ronaldo = bolton's relegation saviour ?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:29 pm

To be fair to Getty Images, selling their images is their business and as such it's only right that they should be on the look out for unauthorised use, even on charity websites - they are entitled to say that the owner of website might be a charity, but they are not!

That said, I would endorse Commie's view on whether these are ok to stay here or not.

Anyway... it's very sad to see Ronaldo looking like that. You'd think that once you were an athlete it would become a way of life and you'd never let yourself get in that state.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:04 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:To be fair to Getty Images, selling their images is their business and as such it's only right that they should be on the look out for unauthorised use, even on charity websites - they are entitled to say that the owner of website might be a charity, but they are not!

That said, I would endorse Commie's view on whether these are ok to stay here or not.

Anyway... it's very sad to see Ronaldo looking like that. You'd think that once you were an athlete it would become a way of life and you'd never let yourself get in that state.
like John Barnes has kept himself trim :wink:

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:07 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:To be fair to Getty Images, selling their images is their business and as such it's only right that they should be on the look out for unauthorised use, even on charity websites - they are entitled to say that the owner of website might be a charity, but they are not!

Now there's an idea for a thread. Fat former footballers. I nominate Neil Ruddock. Not that he was ever slimline, but he seems to get more rotund every time he appears on TV.

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:36 pm

warthog wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:

Now there's an idea for a thread. Fat former footballers. I nominate Neil Ruddock. Not that he was ever slimline, but he seems to get more rotund every time he appears on TV.
Kenny Sansom :shock:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:49 pm

WhiteArmy wrote:
Warthog wrote:Now there's an idea for a thread. Fat former footballers. I nominate Neil Ruddock. Not that he was ever slimline, but he seems to get more rotund every time he appears on TV.
Kenny Sansom :shock:
Just what I was gonna say. Man, that bloke likes a pie.

Edit - I'm having a 'mare today with quotage!!!
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:13 pm

Odd but Tony kelly is now slimmer than when he played for us!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:37 pm

Jockie boy off the early morning wireless. Look at the state! :shock:

Larry Lloyd, too;

May the bridges I burn light your way

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:07 am

David Platt's a bit of a porker.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:49 am

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:31 am

I note Braaten is sponsored by Bygger'n. Is that short for "Bygger'n most footballers who can stay on their feet"?