Jamie Carragher - calm down, calm down!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:08 pm

blurred wrote:
fatshaft wrote::roll:
Thought I'd offer the other side to The Sun 'newspaper', is all.

As I said in my first post - you'll never know the truth, and there's more than one side to the story.
The Sun ive got 'ere says "The Liverpool defender lost it after drink was thrown at him by Luton supporters wearing curly black wigs and yellow shell suits like .......etc"

That bit seems to be missing from t'other post.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:22 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
blurred wrote:

As I said in my first post - you'll never know the truth, and there's more than one side to the story.
The Sun ive got 'ere says "The Liverpool defender lost it after drink was thrown at him by Luton supporters wearing curly black wigs and yellow shell suits like .......etc"

"Liverpool Supporters jump on bandwagon without getting all the facts shock"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:29 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
blurred wrote:

You must have the early edition...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:55 pm

warthog wrote:Just the posters quoted by Fatshaft. I didn't realise that I had to qualify everything in such precise terms, especially in a post which is sceptical of the Sun's version of events.
Didn't know who you were referring to, is all. And we all know that messageboard hysteria is generally best ignored, anyway.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:25 pm

Mr Angry has been at it again. What a cock.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/mers ... 269372.stm

Carragher cautioned for assault

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has been arrested and cautioned by police for common assault.

The former England international, 30, was questioned on Wednesday about a roadside argument with a man near his Crosby home on Tuesday.

Carragher had been on his way to training at the club's Melwood ground at the time.

The assault was reported to Merseyside Police by a witness to the incident involving the Bootle-born player.

Later that day the alleged victim reported Liverpool's vice-captain to officers who arranged an appointment to interview Carragher.

Common assault can include anything from spitting to shoving.

A Merseyside Police spokesman said: "We can confirm that a 30-year-old man from the Blundellsands area received a police caution for common assault in relation to an incident on Liverpool Road, Crosby, on Tuesday February 26."

A spokesman for Liverpool FC declined to comment.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:28 pm

Once a prick always a prick.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:44 pm

Not defending Carragher or his ilk, but these annoying prats who hang around footballers houses for the sake of venting their spleen then relating it to their mates, get right on my wick. Trouble is, as soon as the receivers hit back-verbally or otherwise- (as most of us would subjected to that sort of abuse and threatening behaviour) the poor maligned pillocks go running to the police and the press and come out snow-white and seeking compensation. Roy Keane, another less than lovable soul, had much the same walking his dog. Cantona was provoked very verbally and hit out in retaliation and got a short sentence.

Like I said, I'm not defending any of it, buttered toasts have two sides but they always land butter-side down in these instances. Won't make me popular, but it's how I see it. Provocation has no crime listing and there never seem to be any witnesses about when it's used.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:16 pm

alehouse clogger

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:25 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Not defending Carragher or his ilk, but these annoying prats who hang around footballers houses for the sake of venting their spleen then relating it to their mates, get right on my wick. Trouble is, as soon as the receivers hit back-verbally or otherwise- (as most of us would subjected to that sort of abuse and threatening behaviour) the poor maligned pillocks go running to the police and the press and come out snow-white and seeking compensation. Roy Keane, another less than lovable soul, had much the same walking his dog. Cantona was provoked very verbally and hit out in retaliation and got a short sentence.

Like I said, I'm not defending any of it, buttered toasts have two sides but they always land butter-side down in these instances. Won't make me popular, but it's how I see it. Provocation has no crime listing and there never seem to be any witnesses about when it's used.

They should remember this Tango,

"Useless tw*t"
"yeah mate but at least I'm a rich usless tw*t with a job"

Says it all really :)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:23 pm

To be fair to Blurred, the RAWK guys and Carra, I quite often 'read' The Sun - I quite enjoy Page 3 models and quite enjoy mindless football related gossip. My housemate then likes to read how 27 footballers like to take turns on a transvestite dwarf named Cecilia and Britney's latest waredrobe 'disaster'

Anyhow I digress, Liverpool do get bad press, not so much as a city but as a club and at the moment they are taking great delight at the slightest hint of non-perfection from within the club and I imagine this has been ongoing for some time.

That Benitez is a P*ick though....

Matty-Sharples
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Matty-Sharples » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:44 pm

You got that right, hes worse than Wenger.
Who goes? You decide!

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:53 pm

Matty-Sharples wrote:You got that right, hes worse than Wenger.
No, I'm no fan of the Waiter, but Whinger tops the list for me.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:42 am

Jamie Carragher has denied that he is having elocution lessons to dampen his Scouse accent. (Sunday Times)
:lol:
You couldn't make it up.
Businesswoman of the year.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:26 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Jamie Carragher has denied that he is having elocution lessons to dampen his Scouse accent. (Sunday Times)
:lol:
You couldn't make it up.
Unless you work for news international, you mean?