ALLARDYCE SACKED

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:53 pm

Newcastle are a joke. Despite leaving us in the lurch, I've not forgotten how well he did for us.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:58 pm

Let's set the record straight, all those laughing at Sam's fate today:

Firstly, he left us for Newcastle in the same circumstances he joined Bolton from Notts County, so his critics here can't argue with the manner of his departure.

Secondly, the one to blame for Sam's departure from Bolton is Gartside. Sam wanted to to take Bolton up another level and the board never backed him. He was forced to do his business in the press and it was only when he no doubt threatened to walk that those in charge panicked and bought Anelka in order to retain Sam's services.

Remember what he did for us, not the bad ending. I feel sorry for him but the Newcastle job is and always will be a poisoned chalice, with all the demands for instant success and the insane clannishness which has their fat stupid fans demanding that only a Geordie be allowed to manage the club.

Here's to Alan Shearer's inevitable fall...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:05 pm

Allardyce and Abdoulaye Faye in "We wish we'd never left Bolton shocker" :mrgreen:

Didn't he claim last week: "I'm a top manager in a top job"? somewhere. Well mate, you aren't either right now. Whilst I'll always remember what he did for Bolton, I just can't forget he left us high and dry on the shxt pile when the lure of the lucre took over. We'll rise again, he may also, but I hope there's some sort of a lesson he's learned today. Bet old Abdoulaye is one perplexed guy right now. Faye back, yes. Allardyce......no thanks.

"What goes round comes round", or so the saying goes.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:14 pm

I've thought long & hard about this.

There are a range of issues ...

On the positive -
contrast the clubs, the scale, the opportunities. Take account of the progress he made with us & we with him. Think of what he brought & the relative success after the years before.

On the Negative -
We can consider that he left us the way he joined us ... but that he lied to get out & cost us compensation. We can think of the fact that, despite promises, he left ... joined another club 2 weeks later ... took a ruck of our backroom staff & then a leading player. That he has cleary tapped up Jussi, tried with Nic & Diouff and now, Nolan.

Or I can just say "So you got what you deserved you fat feck".

Overall & after due thought ... "you got what you deserved you fat feck".
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:14 pm

At least this time he will be spending more time with his family.

The way he left was a bad taste in the mouth moment but he did very well for us. In fact the best manager we've had since I started supporting Bolton.

Sam for Liverpool! :D
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:20 pm

ratbert wrote:Let's set the record straight, all those laughing at Sam's fate today:

Firstly, he left us for Newcastle in the same circumstances he joined Bolton from Notts County, so his critics here can't argue with the manner of his departure.

Secondly, the one to blame for Sam's departure from Bolton is Gartside. Sam wanted to to take Bolton up another level and the board never backed him. He was forced to do his business in the press and it was only when he no doubt threatened to walk that those in charge panicked and bought Anelka in order to retain Sam's services.

Remember what he did for us, not the bad ending. I feel sorry for him but the Newcastle job is and always will be a poisoned chalice, with all the demands for instant success and the insane clannishness which has their fat stupid fans demanding that only a Geordie be allowed to manage the club.

Saves me writing it meself - 100% agree.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:29 pm

ratbert wrote:Let's set the record straight, all those laughing at Sam's fate today:

what ? we got fined for that and none of the money went to the cash strapped magpies, the bent bastard FA snaffled it up..

he moaned about transfer funds so they give him £8-10mill for anelka , the tight bastards .. it 'retained' him till the england job (which philly g sed on tv that he wanted him to get [more or less]) spun his head.. then got bored and lied about his reasons for leaving , then stole half the staff.

same tards moan at the board for the wrong reasons thinking the clubs got loadsa ££££££££ to play with..

sam getting t'sack by t'geordies has feck all to do with philly g ..

thats not setting the record straight at all.. its a moan about our allegedly tight bastard board..

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:47 pm

the axe finally fell on Big Sam up at Newcastle today, leading to joyful dancing in the streets.

"We want to play like we did under Keegan," said one reveller, echoing the thoughts of most.
"I'd rather finish second and play great than win playing long ball shite," said his mate.

Big Sam's transfer policy has come under scrutiny with several questionable signings. Joey Barton was recently bailed pending trial for assault and affray whilst the defence he has "rebuilt" has failed miserably, leaking in the goals.

The final straw is rumoured to be when Sam asked for money to buy Kevin Nolan, his old captain at former club Bolton Wanderers. "He wanted £5m to bring him in, can you believe that," said one amazed board member. "We wouldn't pay half that for that crock of shite. Did you see his miss against Derby?"

Several Newcastle players moaned about playing out of position. One player, who didn't wish to be named said: "He asked me if i wanted to play left back. Left back I tell you. I'm an England centre forward. I scored against Argentina, you know that goal everyone talks about. I don't play left back. I'm not Henrik Pedersen."

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:50 pm

Don't know why batman's laugjing so much.

Nolan's staying.

Yes! :oyea:

Fatshaft will be upset as well.

But 80% of posters on here will be fine... :D

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:01 pm

if wikiwack aint lying

mr sammy lee lasted 2 games longer at bwfc than exboss did at newcastle..

dont know what to make of that..

:|

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:11 pm

ratbert wrote:Secondly, the one to blame for Sam's departure from Bolton is Gartside. Sam wanted to to take Bolton up another level and the board never backed him. He was forced to do his business in the press and it was only when he no doubt threatened to walk that those in charge panicked and bought Anelka in order to retain Sam's services.
But wouldn't you say Gartside has been vindicated? Has Allardyce used his money wisely, either at Bolton or Newcastle? He got Anelka and then dropped him into the same 4-5-1 formation and couldn't get the team to pass to his feet. He then signed a series of flops at Newcastle and played his other expensive players out of position. He's good at one thing: signing bargains who can play in a 4-5-1. But he thinks he's above that now. He's finished.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:23 pm

The grass isn't always greener and all that.

Don't think I can ever forgive him for going through the motions for the last 8 months or whatever it was when he had reputedly admitted upon his departure that his heart wasn't in it.

Made my night, has this. Might even have a beer in celebration.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:29 pm

a1 wrote:if wikiwack aint lying

That the Geordies are a set of impatient Goldfish with the attention span of a 5 yr-old American kid with ADD, wizzing his tits off on high-fructose corn syrup? :conf:

Just an opinion.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:34 pm

so we can now file away with ricketts, curcic and other personnel who went onto pastures new and failed miserably

claus jensens guitar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by claus jensens guitar » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:48 pm

Its lying, its not up to date. I posted these stats that for the Megson v Sam thread but I'll add in Sammy Lee's too.

Megson
Leicester City P9 W3 D2 L4 Pts-11
Bolton Wanderers P11 W4 D3 L4 Pts-15
Total P20 W7 D5 L8 Pts-26

Allardyce
Newcastle United P21 W7 D5 L9 Pts-26

Lee
Bolton Wanderers P9 W1 D2 L6 Pts 5

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:58 pm

claus jensens guitar wrote:

Its lying, its not up to date. I posted these stats that for the Megson v Sam thread but I'll add in Sammy Lee's too.

Megson
Leicester City P9 W3 D2 L4 Pts-11
Bolton Wanderers P11 W4 D3 L4 Pts-15
Total P20 W7 D5 L8 Pts-26

Allardyce
Newcastle United P21 W7 D5 L9 Pts-26

Lee
Bolton Wanderers P9 W1 D2 L6 Pts 5
What about BSA's record int he wnd half of last season? He was balls for us and he continued to be balls at Newcastle. I loved him when he was with us, but was why followers of every other team in the world hated his post-match excuses. Serves him right....just don;t let him come crawling back round the 'bok!

:pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:03 pm

We can't beat them at St James' and get fatty sacked now :(

jordAn.WS22
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jordAn.WS22 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:05 pm

Several Newcastle players moaned about playing out of position. One player, who didn't wish to be named said: "He asked me if i wanted to play left back. Left back I tell you. I'm an England centre forward. I scored against Argentina, you know that goal everyone talks about. I don't play left back. I'm not Henrik Pedersen."
Shit? Yep
Lazy? Yep
Over Rated? Yep (Not that The goal machine Henriko was ever over-rated)
You sure youre not Pedersen?

Swings and roundabouts.
HA! Arrogant swine!

But Barcode fans are ri-fucxing-diculous!
My facts may not be right here so feel free to correct me, have't they not won owt major in like 50 years or summink?
Ha.

OH my days. Hahahahahahaha.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:07 pm

jordAn.WS22 wrote:
Shit? Yep
Lazy? Yep

Swings and roundabouts.
HA! Arrogant swine!

My facts may not be right here so feel free to correct me, have't they not won owt major in like 50 years or summink?
Ha.

Fairs cup in 69 I think?

jordAn.WS22
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by jordAn.WS22 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:09 pm

fatshaft wrote:
jordAn.WS22 wrote:
Shit? Yep
Lazy? Yep

Swings and roundabouts.
HA! Arrogant swine!

Ha.

Fairs cup in 69 I think?
Rest my case...