ALLARDYCE SACKED

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:09 pm

This is beyond belief really. Newcastle are the biggest fecked up club that has ever been. Madness.
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:11 pm

Serves the barcodes right if they go down, their club is laughably overrated by themselves. In 6 months time i, for one, hope their disillusioned hordes will realise the dangers of letting a rich fan play Championship Manager with a real club.

claus jensens guitar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by claus jensens guitar » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:18 pm

BBC Sport wrote: Earlier on Wednesday, Allardyce had attended a news conference ahead of that game but gave no hint that his time at the club might be coming to an end.

Indeed, the 53-year-old had spoken at length about his plans for the January transfer window. :D

However, shortly afterwards, Newcastle announced news of his departure with a statement on their official website.

Allardyce took over in May following Glenn Roeder's resignation but he has come under increasing pressure this season, culminating in a run of three straight league defeats over the festive period.

His last game in charge was a 0-0 draw at Championship Stoke in the FA Cup third round on Sunday.

He becomes the eighth Premier League managerial casualty this season.

Do wonder why they sacked him today though ? The links to Nolan ?

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:19 pm

i'll see you this time next year with the SHEARER OUT thread

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:19 pm

WhiteArmy wrote:Serves the barcodes right if they go down, their club is laughably overrated by themselves. In 6 months time i, for one, hope their disillusioned hordes will realise the dangers of letting a rich fan play Championship Manager with a real club.
Aye, not like it's ever worked for erm......Chelsea, Fulham or Rangers for example :wink:

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:21 pm

:lol:

PRICK !

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:23 pm

Toon fan on radio

'we need an English manager like Mark Hughes'.

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:25 pm

fatshaft wrote:
WhiteArmy wrote:Serves the barcodes right if they go down, their club is laughably overrated by themselves. In 6 months time i, for one, hope their disillusioned hordes will realise the dangers of letting a rich fan play Championship Manager with a real club.
Aye, not like it's ever worked for erm......Chelsea, Fulham or Rangers for example :wink:
You forgot Blackburn ;)

Mansell Way
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: ALLARDYCE SACKED

Post by Mansell Way » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:26 pm

A Newcastle fan reading this would just think we're all pathetic jealous little buggers, I couldn't care less about Allardyce we all need to move on! :o

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:29 pm

Mansell Way wrote:A Newcastle fan reading this would just think we're all pathetic jealous little buggers, I couldn't care less about Allardyce we all need to move on! :o
It's 'other footy' Mansell mate, most club forums in the country will be commenting one way or t'other.

I think the Newcastle fans will be more concerned about the Mackems gloating than lil' old Bolton

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:34 pm

Just had a look at the Sunderland main forum. It says:
Closed due to libellous posts.

The message boards will be unavailable until the evening of Wednesday 9th January at the earliest.
Very odd.

Mansell Way
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mansell Way » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:36 pm

WhiteArmy wrote:
Mansell Way wrote:A Newcastle fan reading this would just think we're all pathetic jealous little buggers, I couldn't care less about Allardyce we all need to move on! :o
It's 'other footy' Mansell mate, most club forums in the country will be commenting one way or t'other.

I think the Newcastle fans will be more concerned about the Mackems gloating than lil' old Bolton
It's the posts we have the e.g the 1st one with all the :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pray: :pray: :pray: :D :D :D

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:38 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:Kind of pleased

Kind of disappointed

Kind of sorry for him

Hero to zero in less than nine months
Aye, and all by his own hand!

Can't blame the lack of cash, there was more then ample given to him. He left Bolton because of the lack of funds available for transfers didn't he?

He decided to play the same way with the Newcastle team as he had with Bolton, and went about lumping balls up to Viduka, playing one of the best attacking left midfielders in the Premiership at fullback (sound familiar), and continued to blame the referee's for just about everything that went wrong!

He jumped ship the minute a 'big' club came calling, leaving Bolton as a distant afterthought, as we where onviously to small time for him.

Bit him on the arse!

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:38 pm

I reckon the next manager should be Ted 'The Count' Hankey. At least he knows how to deal with a hostile crowd. He'll be available by the end of the week too.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:42 pm

Cue the Geordies screaming for Shearer, followed by Shearer shitting himself and bottling it because he's much better as a back seat manager. Followed further by him giving tiny but constant digs at the next manager on MOTD.

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:47 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Cue the Geordies screaming for Shearer, followed by Shearer shitting himself and bottling it because he's much better as a back seat manager. Followed further by him giving tiny but constant digs at the next manager on MOTD.
Abso-f*cking-lutely!

I pray to god the myopic dickheads believe the hype and that the bald geordie titliner takes the job and then takes the barcodes back where they belong.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Rated R Superstar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rated R Superstar » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:48 pm

I've just had a good laugh about this with my Dad. And no, I haven't forgotten what Big Sam did for Bolton. But I also haven't forgotten the crap that went on when and since he left the Reebok.
Here's hoping BFS might have learned a lesson, but I'm guessing not. It's probably not even his fault :wink:

That said, it won't do Newcastle any favours. So they bring in a new manager in time to spend cash in the Jan transfer window, they don't get any better coz the new man and players don't have time to bed in, they finish in the bottom half of the Prem and the manager is fired at the end of the season. Then the whole merry-go-round starts again. And that happens forever...... :twisted:

On a side note, ever since he retired Alan Shearer is linked with the Newcastle manager's job. What has he done that proves he's going to be an awesome manager? Surely he should be cutting his managerial teeth in a lower league to start with?
Don't call it a comeback

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:49 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote: Can't blame the lack of cash, there was more then ample given to him. He left Bolton because of the lack of funds available for transfers didn't he?
Not really though because they recouped £15m for Parker, Dyer and Luque.

Ironically it seems he didn't have more of a budget than Smamy Lee had.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:51 pm

im still laughing now, an hour later :lol:

here you go sam

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:53 pm

Batman wrote:im still laughing now, an hour later :lol:

here you go sam

Looks like he's forgot all about the j-o-b-c-e-n-t-r, and hoofed the ball straight to 'e'

Somethings never change!
Last edited by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army on Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.