What? No thread about the league leaders? Shocking

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:53 pm

blurred wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Ah well, they always have Voronin to fill the void.....
He's actually been going great guns over in Germany this season! :D
Aye, in Germany..... With the 1-7-2 formations they play out there. That is one seriously good league to watch mind, constantly outscoring the other 'big' leagues and huge crowds generating great atmospheres, from an entertainment point of view it shits all over the Premier League, but the standard is not as high, which i'm sure you'll testify to
Last edited by boltonboris on Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

potter1989bwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by potter1989bwfc » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:07 am

Sky Sports News understands Rick Parry is set to part company with Liverpool by mutual consent.

Parry's position as chief executive at Anfield has been the subject of speculation for some time due to the ongoing row with Rafa Benitez.

The pair have failed to see eye-to-eye over the club's transfer policy with Benitez thought to be looking for full control over the team's transfers.

During last season's much-publicised disagreement between Liverpool's two American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, Hicks called for Parry to resign.

The news comes at the end of a fraught week for the club when rumours of Benitez leaving Anfield emerged before Wednesday's UEFA Champions League win over Real Madrid.

Benitez denied the rumours in the aftermath of the victory in the Spanish capital and it appears Parry is the man on his way out of Anfield.

Reports suggest Parry has been negotiating a pay-off for the past few weeks and that he will quit his post at the end of the season.

Liverpool have so far refused to comment on the reports.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:19 am

potter1989bwfc wrote:
Sky Sports News understands Rick Parry is set to part company with Liverpool by mutual consent.

Parry's position as chief executive at Anfield has been the subject of speculation for some time due to the ongoing row with Rafa Benitez.

The pair have failed to see eye-to-eye over the club's transfer policy with Benitez thought to be looking for full control over the team's transfers.

During last season's much-publicised disagreement between Liverpool's two American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, Hicks called for Parry to resign.

The news comes at the end of a fraught week for the club when rumours of Benitez leaving Anfield emerged before Wednesday's UEFA Champions League win over Real Madrid.

Benitez denied the rumours in the aftermath of the victory in the Spanish capital and it appears Parry is the man on his way out of Anfield.

Reports suggest Parry has been negotiating a pay-off for the past few weeks and that he will quit his post at the end of the season.

Liverpool have so far refused to comment on the reports.
I can understand that move. Think Benitez should be gone as well, but then they might actually get a manager capable of winning the English PL title, which would be a shame. Plus that would be the end to the Benitez is a prick thread. Double pity. So keep Benitez for at least another season, it helps keep my spirits up during these tough economic times.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Shouldn't all future reference to Liverpool be put in a new thread? after all this is a thread about the league leaders Man U :mrgreen:

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:48 pm

Boro 1-0 Liverpool

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:50 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:Boro 1-0 Liverpool
Sounds like a cracking own goal as well.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:17 pm

Verbal wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:Boro 1-0 Liverpool
Sounds like a cracking own goal as well.
Serves them right for not having a striker in the squad.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:20 pm

1608: Steven Gerrard bursts into the box and pulls the ball back for Nabil El Zhar, who scoops a golden opportunity over the bar from eight yards. They won't get a better chance than that.

1617: Steven Gerrard gives Nabir El Zhar a piece of his mind after the young striker plays the ball to the skipper when he is clearly offside.

Going very well it sounds like.

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:23 pm

2-0 now.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:27 pm

"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:28 pm

Great, Boro looking dead and buried, then they run into Benitez. Prick.

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:40 pm

liverpool have probably taken half the points they have obtained against lower half clubs off us this season

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:43 pm

Businesswoman of the year.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:45 pm

And Chelsea feck up as well. United continue to have these brilliant weekends even when they don't play!

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:08 pm

My god but Liverpool were dire tonight.

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:13 pm

jimbo wrote:And Chelsea feck up as well. United continue to have these brilliant weekends even when they don't play!
Chelsea won 2-1 didn't they? :?

Liverpool had a real chance this season and they've utterly bottled it. United don't even have to try to win the title at the moment, it's theirs.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:14 pm

FD wrote:
jimbo wrote:And Chelsea feck up as well. United continue to have these brilliant weekends even when they don't play!
That's what I thought, too! :conf:

Anyway, until today there have only been four teams that have failed in putting one past the Boro keeper. They are Wigan, City, Newcastle and Blackburn. Now we can add Liverpool to that list. I've met Blurred a couple of times and he really is one of life's soundest guys. However, that doesn't alter the fact that there's nothing quite as sweet as having a boaster shown up as being an absolute chump!

League leaders - my substantial arse! :lmfao:
May the bridges I burn light your way

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:17 pm

blurred wrote:
James B wrote:if united are anywhere near you around mid jan they will walk past you in the table pissing on the waiter's balding head all the way
Traditionally we've done better in the second half of the season than in the first; must be that 'rotation' of Benitez's bearing fruit... Seriously though. If we're there or thereabouts come the new year, it'll be a very interesting end of the season.
hehe

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
FD wrote:
That's what I thought, too! :conf:

Anyway, until today there have only been four teams that have failed in putting one past the Boro keeper. They are Wigan, City, Newcastle and Blackburn. Now we can add Liverpool to that list. I've met Blurred a couple of times and he really is one of life's soundest guys. However, that doesn't alter the fact that there's nothing quite as sweet as having a boaster shown up as being an absolute chump!

League leaders - my substantial arse! :lmfao:
I wrote that after Wigan had equalised after 85 mins. Serves me right I suppose!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:45 pm

kin el I wished we would feck up like that every time we play :D

ps I have seen your post re posting before the equaliser