The Wonderful Stoke - Playing to their Strengths

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

The Wonderful Stoke - Playing to their Strengths

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:17 pm

anyone else a bit bored of Stoke having their cock sucked by the masses? Just cos they have someone with a long throw.

Wenger was loving em for "playing to their strengths" and MOTD were creaming over them. Somebody please tell me what is the difference between this and what we have been villified for for years

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:20 pm

Give it 6 months HRG. If they haven't been relegated by then, you'll see the true colour of the media's views on them.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Re: The Wonderful Stoke - Playing to their Strengths

Post by Puskas » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:22 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:anyone else a bit bored of Stoke having their cock sucked by the masses? Just cos they have someone with a long throw.

Wenger was loving em for "playing to their strengths" and MOTD were creaming over them. Somebody please tell me what is the difference between this and what we have been villified for for years
See if they stay up - if they have the termerity to do that, they'll get their pasting.

They look to be a lot dirtier than we ever were, as well...
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: The Wonderful Stoke - Playing to their Strengths

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:00 am

Puskas wrote:
hisroyalgingerness wrote:anyone else a bit bored of Stoke having their cock sucked by the masses? Just cos they have someone with a long throw.

See if they stay up - if they have the termerity to do that, they'll get their pasting.

They look to be a lot dirtier than we ever were, as well...

Agreed and if they should threaten to get into the top half - jeez - they may take over our slot as the team most not wanted in this Billionaires playgroud.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:26 pm

Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:30 pm

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hpdVTJFJas4

At least they were tackles, what the fook was this?

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:19 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 708886.stm

That's better.
Welcome to the Premiership, Stoke. You've just been patronised by the third biggest c*nt in football management.
The Man Who Wants Dispossession Banned From Football wrote:
"If teams want to kick us we will deal with that and still come out on top. We will have to stick our foot in and tackle and then play our football when we have the ball."
So it's OK for aggressive tackling, if it's your team that's doing it? Wanker. I no longer care when any of the big clubs start on the smaller one over their "aggressive tactics".

And I just love the little quote from an Arsenal fan - "Cowards play the man". Two words - Abou Diaby. Prick.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:24 pm

if it works and they stay up fair play to em

I remember saying they'd get goals after we played 'em

Sure the meeja will be bored soon, can't remember the reaction to our lot a few years ago early doors, probably nobbing on Ricketts? we were decent enough then anyway, we only got stuck into the long throws in jay jays second season IIRC

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:25 pm

Awww - has somebody tackled one of Arsene's boys?? :cry:

Jeez - When they had Viera, Sol Campbell and Keown they didn't half dish it out. Short memory has Mr Wenger.

Also, if it is true there is money available for Wenger to spend on top players, and he hasn't done so, then is he under pressure? They haven't played any of the other top4 nor Villa yet - if they struggle against those they could be mid table.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:20 pm

Aye .... " .... you know what to expect when you're playing Stoke".
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:05 am

Wenger is a prick

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:47 am

blurred wrote:Wenger is a prick
almost as much so as Benitez
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:03 am

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:Awww - has somebody tackled one of Arsene's boys?? :cry:

Jeez - When they had Viera, Sol Campbell and Keown they didn't half dish it out. Short memory has Mr Wenger.

Also, if it is true there is money available for Wenger to spend on top players, and he hasn't done so, then is he under pressure? They haven't played any of the other top4 nor Villa yet - if they struggle against those they could be mid table.
Arsenal fans are growing tired.

Wenger gives it the old "But we're a young team" then promptly sells everybody who reches 27 years old, only to stay as a young team - He must think, that experience equals lack of ability

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:21 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
Aye but Megson...

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:28 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:
Aye but Megson...
Is a fantastic manager, long may he stay.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:52 pm

Wenger has just stated he will walk away if teams continue 'to stop us from playing the beautiful game'

Wankshaft

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:04 pm

clear a path

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:04 pm

boltonboris wrote:Wenger has just stated he will walk away if teams continue 'to stop us from playing the beautiful game'

Wankshaft
Good.

Let him f*ck off.

No one ever mentions his team's long-ball tendencies - anyone recall the equalizer against us, at their place in the cup a couple of years back? Nolan had put us in front, after a free-flowing move. They score with a high ball into the box from a set-piece.

And don't get me startded on the number of times they lumped it up for Henry to chase after and outpace the defence.

With Viera to kick lumps out of opposition midfielders.

Hypocritical tw@t.

Anyway, too much of this tippy-tappy stuff is dull.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:13 pm

While i'm not doubting he's a hypocritical arse, i've only just seen the tackles in question for the first time today.

And he does have point, theres nowt brave or hard about going through someone who's off the pitch and injuring them. Even at our height of infamy i don't recall us ever blatantly going out to injure folk as Stoke were.

That said, it's the referees job to manage a game, not Professor Yaffle's. Obviously you can't have folk just letting Arsenal pass them off the park, but you can't have talentless cloggers turning up to kick the shit out of them either.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:27 pm

Tombwfc wrote: Obviously you can't have folk just letting Arsenal pass them off the park, but you can't have talentless cloggers turning up to kick the shit out of them either.
well we're fooked then
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house