Michael Owen

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Michael Owen

Post by mofgimmers » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:11 pm

For my money, Michael Owen made a terrible decision leaving Liverpool. Since then, he's found out he's not good enough... or not the right kind of player at least... for Real Madrid, and of course, he went to that shambles of a club in the North East and as not looked like the player that once scared defenders witless.

So.

Having a think about it over the past couple of weeks, it's pretty obvious he's going to want out come January... but where to?

ManUrinal won't have him... and I don't think Big Phil will want him at Chelski... I can't really see Liverpool making another move for him... and Arsenal? I suppose Arsenal could do with an experienced striker but I just can't imagine Owen in a Gooner shirt. That's the 'big four'... what about the rest?

Well, I can't see Villa wanting to go for him as they've got Agbonlahor who is quicker than Owen and has bags of potential... and So Solid Carew.

Anyone else? Maybe he'll do one to Rangers/Celtic or something?

Basically, Kinnear thinks Owen's off... Owen looks like he doesn't want to be at Newcastle... so where's he off to then?
Viva La Portable Radio!

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:14 pm

The massives. Or Spurs.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:15 pm

I can't see him going to Spurs as you may as well stay at Newcastle... surely?
Viva La Portable Radio!

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:25 pm

Both clubs might be complete laughing stocks to us, but Spurs can offer European football at the moment, and they're in desperate need of a striker. Oh, and Owen and Spurs - teh meeja's dream, innit? He'll have his own weekly slot on Football Focus.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:32 pm

Owen will go to Spurs.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

LeeRoyBrown
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeeRoyBrown » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:44 pm

Citeh fo shizzle

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:01 pm

Owen will stay where he is, because there's no club willing to match his wages. Fairly simple.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:17 pm

Arbroath
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:14 pm

blurred wrote:Owen will stay where he is, because there's no club willing to match his wages. Fairly simple.
If Newcastle want to off load Owen, the guy will know full well he'll need to take a big pay cut due to his injury prowess.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

mofgimmers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by mofgimmers » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:47 pm

LeeRoyBrown wrote:Citeh fo shizzle
That's a good outside bet I reckon!
Viva La Portable Radio!

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:59 pm

bwfc

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Michael Owen

Post by H. Pedersen » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:18 pm

mofgimmers wrote:For my money, Michael Owen made a terrible decision leaving Liverpool. Since then, he's found out he's not good enough... or not the right kind of player at least... for Real Madrid
If I recall correctly his scoring record was quite good there, he just was kept on the bench in favor of Ronaldo due to the latter's "Galactico" status.

Can't see him going to Spurs. What they need is a target forward. Could Owen, Bent, and Pavlyuchenko fit in the same team?

We were all pretty surprised when he went to Madrid and then Newcastle so perhaps we'll be surprised again. I say Bayern Munich!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:49 pm

blurred wrote:Owen will stay where he is, because there's no club willing to match his wages. Fairly simple.
This.
I think he's going to be in for a shock when he sees the clubs that will be interested and the money they're prepared to offer. If he had any sense he'd take whatever Newcastle are offering.
Businesswoman of the year.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:13 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
If Newcastle want to off load Owen, the guy will know full well he'll need to take a big pay cut due to his injury prowess.
Precisely. So why would he want to move?

He will stay where he is, because he'll earn a lot more.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:13 am

Aye but that's only a short term measure, as he'll need to make a decision come May anyway

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:50 am

popular tottenham-supporting newcastle owner cheers up geordies by saying no to owen...

spurs buy owen.

he is injured in sept 2009. makes only three appearnaces, scoring one and having one unjustly disallowed... clearly still potent striker...

manchester city buy him in january 2010 window, for 250 mill... on seven year contract worth 20k per minute...

he is injured february 2010... insurance company that had covered hs wages goes into crisis... Parent of insurance co defaults on third party claims in eastern manchester...

capitalism melts down...

so, not all bad...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:56 am

If articles start appearing in the popular press in the run up to January about how Owen is good enough and young enough to play for England, and is still one of the best strikers in the country, put your entire worldly possessions on him going to Tottenham.
Last edited by Lord Kangana on Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:27 am

I feel a bit sorry for Owen. He seems like a nice bloke but his timing was terrible. Fancy waiting all those years and then the very season you leave Liverpool they go and win the CL. Because of this bad advice he's no where near fulfilled his potential.

So, given all that, I can see him in a Spuds shirt..... :doh:
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

Horza
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Horza » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:27 pm

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Re: Michael Owen

Post by seanworth » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:23 am

H. Pedersen wrote:
mofgimmers wrote:For my money, Michael Owen made a terrible decision leaving Liverpool. Since then, he's found out he's not good enough... or not the right kind of player at least... for Real Madrid
If I recall correctly his scoring record was quite good there, he just was kept on the bench in favor of Ronaldo due to the latter's "Galactico" status.

Can't see him going to Spurs. What they need is a target forward. Could Owen, Bent, and Pavlyuchenko fit in the same team?

We were all pretty surprised when he went to Madrid and then Newcastle so perhaps we'll be surprised again. I say Bayern Munich!
No they probably couldn't all fit in the same team, which is precisely why he will go to Spurs.