Boro ask fans to be quiet

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Boro ask fans to be quiet

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tches.html

Funniest thing I've read since Gibson's reply to that champ-manager applicant. Especially that they've asked the silly bint to resign.

They should just put a pack of werthers on each seat, does the trick for us :mrgreen: Keeps our lot out of mischief

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Boro ask fans to be quiet

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:50 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tches.html

Funniest thing I've read since Gibson's reply to that champ-manager applicant. Especially that they've asked the silly bint to resign.

They should just put a pack of werthers on each seat, does the trick for us :mrgreen: Keeps our lot out of mischief
Un - f***ing - believable.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:04 pm

what do you expect ? Putting women in posts of authority in football matches ! Tssk.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

potter1989bwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by potter1989bwfc » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:12 pm

Thank god i'm not a Boro fan, i be banned for life after all the 'swearing' & singing i do...

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:14 pm

Ah yes, because to completely screw things up would take a man... :P

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:15 pm

They don't have a lot to shout about there, though, do they?

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:28 pm

Gertie wrote:Ah yes, because to completely screw things up would take a man... :P
.....to hire a woman?

:mrgreen:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:29 pm

ratbert wrote:They don't have a lot to shout about there, though, do they?
What about when they put that music on that gets them clapping?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:35 pm

jimbo wrote:
ratbert wrote:They don't have a lot to shout about there, though, do they?
What about when they put that music on that gets them clapping?
Chirp chirpy cheep cheep? :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:30 pm

potter1989bwfc wrote:Thank god i'm not a Boro fan, i be banned for life after all the 'swearing' & singing i do...
I wonder if you are the hyper-active, gobby little bugger who came to join his mate near where I sit, during the Pompey game ?

We are the normal shouty, fractious, sing-a-bit, grumbly types. A young lad of 14/15 or so had his dads ticket & was sat by us. The seat next to him was free.

Then this jumpy, fidgitting, gobby little toe-rag appeared after about 15 mins. He joined his mate & proceeded to stand/sit/stand/jump about/sit/stand on the seat/run into to aisle/back again/sit/stand .... for the next 20 whirlwind minutes.

He bellowed nonesensically throughout this time. Turned & looked around. Made pointless remarks & sought response (from a, by now, horrified bunch of old-grumblies) and looked around for comment/agreement constantly. He spoke with the faux "It's coz I's black, innit" manner so loved by such scrotes.

Every time a Bolton player was on the ball he bellowed their name (shortened in every case, to Davo, Jusso, Samo, Kevo) at the top of his voice. Every tackle, throw, kick by Pompey was a foul which required him demanding the perpetrators assassination.

Then, as quickly as he came ... he was gone. There was an audible sigh of relief. His mate turnned and said " ... he's like that all the time ... I hate meeting him".

Now ... if THAT's what the Boro' woman was on about I'd have some sympathy.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:45 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
potter1989bwfc wrote:Thank god i'm not a Boro fan, i be banned for life after all the 'swearing' & singing i do...
I wonder if you are the hyper-active, gobby little bugger who came to join his mate near where I sit, during the Pompey game ?

We are the normal shouty, fractious, sing-a-bit, grumbly types. A young lad of 14/15 or so had his dads ticket & was sat by us. The seat next to him was free.

Then this jumpy, fidgitting, gobby little toe-rag appeared after about 15 mins. He joined his mate & proceeded to stand/sit/stand/jump about/sit/stand on the seat/run into to aisle/back again/sit/stand .... for the next 20 whirlwind minutes.

He bellowed nonesensically throughout this time. Turned & looked around. Made pointless remarks & sought response (from a, by now, horrified bunch of old-grumblies) and looked around for comment/agreement constantly. He spoke with the faux "It's coz I's black, innit" manner so loved by such scrotes.

Every time a Bolton player was on the ball he bellowed their name (shortened in every case, to Davo, Jusso, Samo, Kevo) at the top of his voice. Every tackle, throw, kick by Pompey was a foul which required him demanding the perpetrators assassination.

Then, as quickly as he came ... he was gone. There was an audible sigh of relief. His mate turnned and said " ... he's like that all the time ... I hate meeting him".

Now ... if THAT's what the Boro' woman was on about I'd have some sympathy.
I think he could be the angry lad who sits behind me who spends the whole game on his feet getting worked up with every kick and shouting abuse at all the players. In the Tottenham game he spent the game removing layers as he got so wound up until he was bare chested for the last 10 minutes kicking seats and yelling profanities for all to hear. Interestingly on Saturday he had a missus with him which looked like first date territory and he came wearing a nice shirt and tie. The female presence certainly calmed him down somewhat!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:10 pm

NSL by any chance Jimbo? Theres a psycho about 10-15 seats along from us, and I'm well aware of his presence. Tends to scream and kick seats mostly.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:43 pm

jimbo wrote: . . . Interestingly on Saturday he had a missus with him which looked like first date territory and he came wearing a nice shirt and tie. The female presence certainly calmed him down somewhat!
I wonder which female, jimbo. I can imagine the scene in the home country:

Mum: Now, come on, jimbo, you can't go out looking like that now, can you? Susan's a nice lass and expects better of you. Be a good lad and put on a decent shirt and tie.
Jimbo: Aw, Mum!
Mum: Do what I say, son. Now off with you.
Jimbo: I don't have a tie.
Mum: Well yer dad's got two somewhere at the back of the wardrobe, use one of them.
Jimbo: Bugger.
Mum: Good. Now don't get undressed during game - you hear? I'll be watching on't telly an' if I see you even fiddle with the thing there'll be no tea for a week.
Jimbo: Yes, Mum.
Mum: Even better. Now feck off!

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:50 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:NSL by any chance Jimbo? Theres a psycho about 10-15 seats along from us, and I'm well aware of his presence. Tends to scream and kick seats mostly.
Ha ha! Yes I am LK. Right near the back in the corner bang opposite the screen?

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:55 pm

Dujon wrote:
jimbo wrote: . . . Interestingly on Saturday he had a missus with him which looked like first date territory and he came wearing a nice shirt and tie. The female presence certainly calmed him down somewhat!
I wonder which female, jimbo. I can imagine the scene in the home country:

Mum: Now, come on, jimbo, you can't go out looking like that now, can you? Susan's a nice lass and expects better of you. Be a good lad and put on a decent shirt and tie.
Jimbo: Aw, Mum!
Mum: Do what I say, son. Now off with you.
Jimbo: I don't have a tie.
Mum: Well yer dad's got two somewhere at the back of the wardrobe, use one of them.
Jimbo: Bugger.
Mum: Good. Now don't get undressed during game - you hear? I'll be watching on't telly an' if I see you even fiddle with the thing there'll be no tea for a week.
Jimbo: Yes, Mum.
Mum: Even better. Now feck off!

Knowing my mum the words 'haircut' and 'Fellaini' would be mentioned before anything about shirts and ties!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:00 pm

jimbo wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:NSL by any chance Jimbo? Theres a psycho about 10-15 seats along from us, and I'm well aware of his presence. Tends to scream and kick seats mostly.
Bang on. We share a psycho! :pissed:
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:02 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
jimbo wrote:
Bang on. We share a psycho! :pissed:
Now you say that, I feel we should take him under our wing. He sits 2 rows right behind me so I get to feel the full force of his tempers!

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:21 am

Well they are eigth in the noise fan league so need to quieten down a bit to match their actual league position! :D
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Boro ask fans to be quiet

Post by jaffka » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 am

hisroyalgingerness wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tches.html

I have found a couple of articles re the application by John Boileau:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cove ... 107924.stm
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... e53155.ece

This is John's blog:
http://before-thirty.blogspot.com/