If You Ever Wondered....

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

If You Ever Wondered....

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:53 pm

...why ITV shouldn't be allowed to show football ever, this comes courtesy of a Champions League goals compilation show on ITV 4. I can't tell you who said it, as I was too busy with my head in a bucket.

"When you talk about Steven Gerrard, you're not talking about a player. You're talking about a presence. It's as if he's the heartbeat of the whole club, the whole unequalled european history of Liverpool. They've effectively taken all the passion and lifeblood out of the Kop, and pumped it into this man"

Liverpool have lost a lot of goodwill from neutrals over the past five to ten years. Sometimes it's not their fault. This is one of those moments.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:59 pm

Aye, it was his dad. :mrgreen:

Liverpool player for life; "once a red" and all that. Meanwhile Stevie sits back and counts the money. Always a bit over-emotional those Scousers. Remember "Once a blue always a blue" not all that long ago. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:06 pm

I'd merely laugh it off if it had been his Dad, but its not. It's someone who's supposed to tell us what's happening during a football match, because all they had as the talking heads were commentators and journalists. Some of them are such starfuckers that they actually believe this sort of tripe. And there are hundreds and thousands of gimps that gawp at it in awe, and repeating it verbatim as fact.

And that's without considering that Liverpool's "unequalled european history" was equalled and passed by Real Madrid and AC Milan a long time ago.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:12 pm

Exhibit number two your honour : The commentary on yesterdays game between Arsenal and Burnley. Utterly cringeworthy.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:39 pm

Exhibit number three:

The absolute commentator hysteria and adoration greeting a goal from any of the top four, plus all London based clubs compared to "And Kevin Davies scuffles it into the net. Game on"

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:07 pm

Cup game between Cov and Chelsea was cringeworthy, mainly because of the dire one sided reporting by Le Saux!

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:16 pm

Clive Tyldsley frantically masturbating over messers Rooney and Ronaldo is enough to have all broadcasting privalages taken off them ever.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:37 pm

jimbo wrote:Clive Tyldsley frantically masturbating over messers Rooney and Ronaldo is enough to have all broadcasting privalages taken off them ever.
What a thought :vomit:

Never watching any games with him again!!!

potter1989bwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by potter1989bwfc » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:38 pm

I will never forget when they had the Premiership highlights, it was so painful to watch.

Only good thing about program, they brought Des Lyham(spelt wrong) to ITV, then the program got moved back to BBC and Des was out of a job !!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:38 pm

ITV's blatant and obvious bias to Liverpool is sickening!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:41 pm

Read the McMananananananaman article on BBC Football and shake your head at his line of "The Atmosphere at Anfield on a Magical European night"

potter1989bwfc
Promising
Promising

Post by potter1989bwfc » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:55 pm

boltonboris wrote:Read the McMananananananaman article on BBC Football and shake your head at his line of "The Atmosphere at Anfield on a Magical European night"
Only heard a good atmosphere at Anfield for a Champions league game before and that was when they beat Juventus ? i think it was Luis Garcia scored a top header that night

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:55 pm

boltonboris wrote:Read the McMananananananaman article on BBC Football and shake your head at his line of "The Atmosphere at Anfield on a Magical European night"
How magical would it be if they get beaten tonight? What/who will Rafa blame?

Enzo Gambaro
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Enzo Gambaro » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:18 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
How magical would it be if they get beaten tonight? What/who will Rafa blame?
Probably Alex Feguson. Or Sam Allardyce.
ImageFor further information on:- Dean Holdsworth Call Celeb Agents on 0870 765 9696

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:41 pm

:wall:
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:02 pm

Phil Thompson on United v Inter

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/ ... 65,00.html
Whenever I played in big European games and we'd gone away from home and done the business, you could see fear in the opposition eyes when you shook hands at the end. You could tell they didn't fancy the return leg in Liverpool.

Even if they had kicked us off the park and made it really tough for us, I just used to say one word to them - "Anfield" - when I shook their hands, and you knew that would put that fear in their eyes.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:01 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Exhibit number three:

The absolute commentator hysteria and adoration greeting a goal from any of the top four, plus all London based clubs compared to "And Kevin Davies scuffles it into the net. Game on"
You thin-skinned parochial, you. :mrgreen:

To you lot, as dyed in the wool football hooligans, Mr Davies' attitude, skills and sainthood are probably well and truly ingrained into your psyche. When I watch our games I try my best to think as a neutral, attempt to get some sort of idea as to what we and the opposition are doing and, in the process, allow my subconscious to make its own assessment of each individual's performance. Mr Subconscious has been telling me for a while that Mr Davies is in fact a man who will try his best to impede, illegally, his opposition.

No, I'm not about to desert the team or club but I do find that some comments regarding our 'local hero' are at best fatuous and at worst just wrong. The Mr Davies who seems to like the thrill of tugging his opposition's shirts, slipping in a leg where it shouldn't be and making silly penalty appeals after doing his best to convert the defender to eunuchism (sic) is just as (if not more) guilty of the sins of all those players of other teams who attract the boos and hisses of our supporters.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:14 am

Dujon wrote:

To you lot, as dyed in the wool football hooligans, Mr Davies' attitude, skills and sainthood are probably well and truly ingrained into your psyche. When I watch our games I try my best to think as a neutral, attempt to get some sort of idea as to what we and the opposition are doing and, in the process, allow my subconscious to make its own assessment of each individual's performance. Mr Subconscious has been telling me for a while that Mr Davies is in fact a man who will try his best to impede, illegally, his opposition.

No, I'm not about to desert the team or club but I do find that some comments regarding our 'local hero' are at best fatuous and at worst just wrong. The Mr Davies who seems to like the thrill of tugging his opposition's shirts, slipping in a leg where it shouldn't be and making silly penalty appeals after doing his best to convert the defender to eunuchism (sic) is just as (if not more) guilty of the sins of all those players of other teams who attract the boos and hisses of our supporters.
Twelve o'clock, behind the Cathedral, bring your sword and make your will. :evil:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:38 am

Dujon wrote:

Are you English?

If you are I suggest trying to type in your native tongue.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:16 am

Even if they had kicked us off the park and made it really tough for us, I just used to say one word to them - "Anfield" - when I shook their hands, and you knew that would put that fear in their eyes.
Because they knew the referee would make some horseshit decision in Liverpool's favor.