Bellamy slapping a United fan

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Bellamy slapping a United fan

Post by Bruno » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:14 pm

The Press Association have made available a photograph that appears to show Craig Bellamy of Manchester City involved in an altercation with a supporter after the Citizens' defeat in the Manchester derby.

The match ended 4-3 at Old Trafford, Manchester United's Michael Owen seeing to it that Craig Bellamy's two-goal haul was rendered meaningless.

The fiery Welshman had twice netted the equaliser to make the game 2-2 and then 3-3, the latter goal coming just before stoppage time began.

What caused the potential altercation, as well as the circumstances around this image, are not yet known.

In another off-pitch flashpoint, Javier Garrido of City was apparently struck by a missile thrown by a United fan at half-time.

But the Bellamy incident as yet remains unclear, with only this image below as yet released to the public.

Whether or not this incident overshadows Bellamy's effervescent two-goal performance remains to be seen.

Good on him 8)
Last edited by Bruno on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:36 pm

Self defence your honour

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:50 pm

It's a bit like the Adebayor/RVP incident whereby the twattishness of the assailant cancels out the twattishness of the victim.

So I hope Bellamy gets locked up, and also that it fecking hurt.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:51 pm

Dusgusting. If that was the other way round, he's in for a life ban. Same should happen. Although the photograph doesn't tell the whole story. I'll wait for the wntire story to come out first before being judge, jury and executioner.

Great game, mind. I said Owen would get the winner 60 minutes in, because it was obvious he'd have a laugh when you saw how much space Berbatov was getting in from crosses and set pieces. Get someone who plays off the defender's shoulder properly, and the rewards are great.

Rooney was quiet, Bellamy's second goal was outstanding. The added time thing, I'm uncertain. The third official showed 4 minutes just before the equaliser went in. There was quite a few seconds elapsed between foul and free kick just before the goal. Whether it all amounted to 80-odd seconds is debatable.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:58 pm

I believe the official explanation is that it was around a minute extra for City's celebration post-goal, and then 30 more seconds for when Carrick came on. That sounds fair enough, though whether that would've happened had City been pushing for the winner at Eastlands is another matter.

Either way, City were defending like nice people all game and got exactly what they deserved. Richards just decided to wander away from Owen for no apparent reason.

Great game.

tony cunninghams willy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tony cunninghams willy » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:04 pm

Tombwfc wrote:It's a bit like the Adebayor/RVP incident whereby the twattishness of the assailant cancels out the twattishness of the victim.

So I hope Bellamy gets locked up, and also that it fecking hurt.
Hear hear :pissed:

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:07 pm

Tombwfc wrote:I believe the official explanation is that it was around a minute extra for City's celebration post-goal, and then 30 more seconds for when Carrick came on. That sounds fair enough, though whether that would've happened had City been pushing for the winner at Eastlands is another matter.

Either way, City were defending like tw*ts all game and got exactly what they deserved. Richards just decided to wander away from Owen for no apparent reason.

Great game.
Which sounds fair enough. Knew Carrick was coming on for Anderson because you'd trust him much more to do something with a second ball.

City were defensively shocking today. The first goal set the tone, Fletcher's second goal reinforced it. They should have been thankful Berbatov wasn't motivated for it, because he had so many free headers in their six yard box that he should have got double figures. That's why Owen should have been on before - he's so good in the air because he gets in such good positions, and jumps so well when in those positions. Any right back with half a brain would have known Owen would have peeled wider when Giggs had the ball where he did just before the winner.

Another team that employs zonal marking on set pieces, yet just seems to have a load of players stand on the edge of the six yard box waiting for players to get above them. When will people learn - if you're already in position when a cross comes in, you'll never get a s high as someone jumping INTO position?

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:25 pm

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:40 pm

1) Whilst Bellamy is stupid giving that charlie the slightest bit of regard, he's spat at.
2) Whilst it's stupid, it's a push in the face, not a punch.
3) What is Rio Ferdinand saying to him? No-opne's exactly pulling him away, which shows that United players are condoning the actions of this charlie.
4) Let's wait and see what the referee's report says, because he seems to have seen the entire thing.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Meh, load of nothing really.

Why Bellamy is going over there in the first place to push him in the face while he's being restrained I don't know. Probably because he's a c*nt.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:02 pm

IIRC correctly, the general rule in professional wrestling is that once a fan enters the ring you're allowed to beat the living s*** out of them, and I don't see why it should be any different in football!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:32 pm

It was just saying on SSN that Dioufy's been interviewed by the Merseyside Bizzers at Goodison after an alleged altercation with an Everton Ballboy.
May the bridges I burn light your way

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:08 pm

Bellamy has to have his say. Rio has to have his. Ref has to be on the telly. And some stupid Manc spends the night in the cells. C'est la vie

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:15 pm

Antons brother goes over giving it the big 'un in front of his home fans. Bellamy tells him what happened... He soon backs off. Fair play to Bellamy, he'd be wound up, by the bird in the daft scally outfit running onto the pitch and slowing the game down by a couple of minutes he shouldn;t have gone over but he was spat at, so he did well to only slap him.

Consolation could be that if the scrote had a job on Friday, he won't have one on Monday

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:07 am

loved his goals though

until the ref decided to play till united scored

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:08 pm

Surprised he did not hit him properly and ferdinand should keep his stupid face out of it, overated tosser

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:18 pm

So Craig Bellamy is being let off for slapping someone in the face, yet the victim has been fined £305 and banned from attending games for 3 years.

Reason he was punished was because he gave his reason as celebrating, which isn't a valid reason for running onto the pitch.

Where is Bellamy's valid reason for charging over to him and smashing him in his jaw.

Footballing bias aside, I'd be surprised if someone had a contrasting opinion to me on this, I find it f**king ludicrous in all honesty.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc ... 283134.stm

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:31 pm

If you came onto the field in the US at a football game. You would be tackled without mercy by a player. The fan had no right and though Bellamy looked for the confrontation a bit when he was subdued, I still think it's nothing. Don't jump onto the pitch and we have no problem to start with.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:35 pm

Bruno wrote:So Craig Bellamy is being let off for slapping someone in the face, yet the victim has been fined £305 and banned from attending games for 3 years.

Reason he was punished was because he gave his reason as celebrating, which isn't a valid reason for running onto the pitch.

Where is Bellamy's valid reason for charging over to him and smashing him in his jaw.

Footballing bias aside, I'd be surprised if someone had a contrasting opinion to me on this, I find it f**king ludicrous in all honesty.
Go on then, I'll bite.

Firstly - yes. Go on the pitch, deserve to get banned. Celebrating? Don't make me fecking laugh. I've celebrated hundreds of goals, hundreds of thousands of fans have celebrated hundreds of goals and never run on the pitch - what's so special about this dickhead? Oh yeah, the fact that he's a dickhead. Unless the stand's on fire, or there's a major emergency or safety hazard you have to escape then you've got no reason to go on the pitch. You better have exceptional circumstances. A late winner in a derby match isn't exceptional. Harsh? Tough shit. Control yourself a bit more. Deserves the penalty, which is a 3 year ban.

Bellamy 'smashed him in the jaw'? Behave. He pushed him in the face like a bit of a tart - he hardly took a huge swing at him and did any damage. He didn't injure him, it was little more than a slap. If the dickhead hadn't been on the pitch then he wouldn't've got slapped. Not saying he should've done it, he should've just let the stewards haul him off, but he hardly 'smashed him'. Can't say I disagree too much with the verdict on either, although Bellamy being castigated for his part in it would've been fair enough in my mind, albeit with a small penalty.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:51 am

I'll go for the "contrasting opinion" option too. Fan knows he shouldn't be on the pitch. So for me it's like some little scrote being in my house when they shouldn't be. Got what he deserved only not quite hard enough.