Twitter Rumour - Phil Brown has left Hull

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Twitter Rumour - Phil Brown has left Hull

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:58 pm

To be confirmed apparently! Don't shoot the messenger, I'll keep you posted if I hear anything further
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Twitter Rumour - Phil Brown has left Hull

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:04 pm

MJH-12 wrote:To be confirmed apparently! Don't shoot the messenger, I'll keep you posted if I hear anything further
There has been all sorts of talk up there that Duffen had gone yesterday.

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
MJH-12 wrote:To be confirmed apparently! Don't shoot the messenger, I'll keep you posted if I hear anything further
How long do you think before some sections of the Reebok start chanting for him to replace Megson? It'd be the wrong move but there's never a great deal of rationalism within the White Army eh?
"Anything else you'd like? How about real lead in the radiation shields? Urinal cakes, maybe?"

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:10 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -boss.html

So it wouldn't come as a shock then if it were true. Not sure Dean Windass is being very fair though. "Is this your knife Dean?", said Phil

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:12 pm

MJH-12 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
How long do you think before some sections of the Reebok start chanting for him to replace Megson? It'd be the wrong move but there's never a great deal of rationalism within the White Army eh?
I don't know. I think even the most vociferous Megson outs realise that Phil Brown is

A) Shit.

B) A bit of a mentalist.

C) Completely deluded like his former boss FSA - but with even less to back up said delusion.

He has destroyed himself with a little help from the media.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 02523.html?

BWFC_Wyles
Reliable
Reliable

Post by BWFC_Wyles » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
MJH-12 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
I don't know. I think even the most vociferous Megson outs realise that Phil Brown is

A) Shit.

B) A bit of a mentalist.

C) Completely deluded like his former boss FSA - but with even less to back up said delusion.

I like points A) and C) of your argument in particular!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:21 pm

I don't like his fake tan!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
MJH-12 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

A) Shit.

B) A bit of a mentalist.

Without suggesting I want Brown to replace Megson, a bit of consistency here please. You often argue that Megson's "character" shouldn't be called into question, it's results that count.

In 12 years, Megson has managed the sum total of taking West Brom from Championship to Premiership twice, but not managed to keep them there even though he didn't get the opportunity second go. Not bad for a championship manager.

Brown has taken Hull up once and kept them up in a four year career. When it comes down to it - not sure there's much to differentiate, other than Brown hasn't (yet) needed to get them promoted again.

Any comparison between Allardyce's Prem record and Megson's is purely for shits n giggles...

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:48 pm

Hull denying reports, according to BBC.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:18 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
MJH-12 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

A) Shit.

B) A bit of a mentalist.

Without suggesting I want Brown to replace Megson, a bit of consistency here please. You often argue that Megson's "character" shouldn't be called into question, it's results that count.

In 12 years, Megson has managed the sum total of taking West Brom from Championship to Premiership twice, but not managed to keep them there even though he didn't get the opportunity second go. Not bad for a championship manager.

Brown has taken Hull up once and kept them up in a four year career. When it comes down to it - not sure there's much to differentiate, other than Brown hasn't (yet) needed to get them promoted again.

Any comparison between Allardyce's Prem record and Megson's is purely for shits n giggles...
Records only tell you so much. Hull are in serious financial trouble because they have gambled on becoming an established premiership team. If you take that gamble and give the manager the money then you will be judged more harshly.

But that aside, its quite clear that Brown is virtually having a breakdown of some sort over the past few months. The media seem to regard Megson in much higher esteem than Brown!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:49 pm

Did I read that he made up "saving" the suicide victim on the bridge as well?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:58 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Did I read that he made up "saving" the suicide victim on the bridge as well?
I think the official line was he "exaggerated the incident massively". A few days later he was on the radio crazily backtracking from his previous statements!

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:23 am

Looks like Brown is on his way. Far too much speculation for it not to happen now. Especially the Derby thing.

Who the hell they think will replace him is anyones guess. Not an attractive job. Though Steve Bruce might be tempted.
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:41 am

bobby5 wrote:Looks like Brown is on his way. Far too much speculation for it not to happen now. Especially the Derby thing.

Who the hell they think will replace him is anyones guess. Not an attractive job. Though Steve Bruce might be tempted.
Duffen has gone.

Brown has not.

It seems like Brown will get to stay for now. But Duffen was his main (and by the sounds of it ONLY backer within Hull) so he could be in trouble in the near future!

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:18 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobby5 wrote:Looks like Brown is on his way. Far too much speculation for it not to happen now. Especially the Derby thing.

Duffen has gone.

Brown has not.

It seems like Brown will get to stay for now. But Duffen was his main (and by the sounds of it ONLY backer within Hull) so he could be in trouble in the near future!
Inevitable he will go now though. Far too many negative vibes coming out of Hull. Play Burnley on Saturday, a fixture Hull must be expecting to win. If he does go I hope he learns from his mistakes as his tenure so far at Hull has been a success.

I wouldn't want him at Bolton though, far too smug.
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:25 pm

LIVE NEWS CONFERENCE FROM HULL NOW!!

Not sure why I put this in capitals, but maybe I'm excited about Phil Brown talking about how Phil Brown thinks Phil Brown will still be the manager of Pgil Browns, Hull City

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 331745.stm

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:59 pm

bobby5 wrote: I wouldn't want him at Bolton though, far too smug.
Plenty others do though... :|

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:26 pm

ratbert wrote:
bobby5 wrote: I wouldn't want him at Bolton though, far too smug.
Plenty others do though... :|
Would have thought that fan club was decreasing quite rapidly, and nothing to do with Megson.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:53 pm

Agreed, but several (usually BN posters) still think that having played for Bolton he'll somehow be 'natural' for the manager's job... one formerly prominent member of this site had Allardyce's successes as being down to Brownie!

rockthereebok
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by rockthereebok » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:17 pm

Phil Brown makes me laugh. I wouldn't want him in charge of Bolton but I do enjoy the fact that he's a Premier League manager.

Just looking at this new 'front room' site and they have a little bit on him. He's now saying the players are 1 million percent behind him!