Wenger... arse

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:24 pm

as boltonaremysecondteam is back - i thought I'd bump this.

have just been reading Wenger's post match comments about the Brum game - it seems it was all someone else's fault...

excuse 1. (the old unprotected arsenal claim) "Am I suggesting there were a lot of bad tackles? Leave me alone with that," "It was a bad tackle, one more. He [Fabregas] got tackled at the knee, kicked just under the knee."

(Song and Clichy were both carded for bad tackles)

excuse 2. (bumpy pitch) "The pitch was difficult to play on but in the second half we were on top but then got caught at the end."

excuse 3. (old favourite) ""Their goal was offside."

8) Wenger - the gift that keeps on giving...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:07 pm

thebish wrote:as boltonaremysecondteam is back - i thought I'd bump this.

have just been reading Wenger's post match comments about the Brum game - it seems it was all someone else's fault...

excuse 1. (the old unprotected arsenal claim) "Am I suggesting there were a lot of bad tackles? Leave me alone with that," "It was a bad tackle, one more. He [Fabregas] got tackled at the knee, kicked just under the knee."

excuse 2. (bumpy pitch) "The pitch was difficult to play on but in the second half we were on top but then got caught at the end."

just been reading wengers post match comments? Why? are you going to use them in Sundays sermon?! ;)

you can take the urine however much you like Bish but Saturdays game was utterly gutting to any gooner and I don't blame wenger for being annoyed - not just in that it was a major blow to our title hopes but as the bad tackle means fabregas is probably out for the biggest game of our season. :(

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:16 pm

If Arsene was as honest as you, I'd probably want Arsenal to win the title.

But, he's a massive c**t, and his players act like a bunch of women, so I hope you struggle to make the top four.
Troll and proud of it.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:20 pm

as wrote:If Arsene was as honest as you, I'd probably want Arsenal to win the title.

But, he's a massive c**t, and his players act like a bunch of women, so I hope you struggle to make the top four.
act like a bunch of women? What exactly do you mean by that?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:34 pm

boltonaremysecondteam wrote:
as wrote:If Arsene was as honest as you, I'd probably want Arsenal to win the title.

Chuck it about then complain like feck when it comes back around
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:39 pm

boltonboris wrote:

ahh so only women ever do that then? Never men?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:52 pm

just been reading wengers post match comments? Why? are you going to use them in Sundays sermon?! ;)

you can take the urine however much you like Bish but Saturdays game was utterly gutting to any gooner and I don't blame wenger for being annoyed - not just in that it was a major blow to our title hopes but as the bad tackle means fabregas is probably out for the biggest game of our season. :(
What bad tackle? Have I missed something, the one where Gardner got the ball?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:04 pm

sorry hun! but considering you accused me a few posts ago of having no sense of humour when Bolton lost, I thought you might be seeing the funny side by now! :wink:

(and - yes - wenger and west ham regularly feature in my sermons... why - only the other week we had the hymn number twooooooooooooooooooooooo-1 :wink: )

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:43 pm

thebish wrote:

sorry hun! but considering you accused me a few posts ago of having no sense of humour when Bolton lost, I thought you might be seeing the funny side by now! :wink:

(and - yes - wenger and west ham regularly feature in my sermons... why - only the other week we had the hymn number twooooooooooooooooooooooo-1 :wink: )
You should know by now that i also have a sense of humour bypass when Arsenal lose, its just it doesn't happen as often as Bolton lose so i am not normally as grumpy come saturday teatime as you!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 pm

Prufrock wrote:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:50 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

I don't know if he got the ball or not, i was too depressed to watch MOTD but whether he did or not his foot collected with Fabregas' knee so even if it was a legitimate legal tackle it was 'bad' in that hes now injured for our biggest game of the season. To me a tackle that injures a player isn't a good one even if its not 'dirty' or they got the ball. Perhaps i used the wrong words but from Fabregas' point of view it certainly wasn't a good one.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:50 pm

boltonboris wrote:

ahh so only women ever do that then? Never men?
Not me, I make my bed and sleep in it... The missus bitches that I haven't done it right, then sleeps in somebody else's anyway!!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:57 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

I don't know if he got the ball or not, i was too depressed to watch MOTD but whether he did or not his foot collected with Fabregas' knee so even if it was a legitimate legal tackle it was 'bad' in that hes now injured for our biggest game of the season. To me a tackle that injures a player isn't a good one even if its not 'dirty' or they got the ball. Perhaps i used the wrong words but from Fabregas' point of view it certainly wasn't a good one.
I understand that, and understand the frustration Wenger, Fabregas and the fans would feel on having their best player doubtful for the game, but that doesn't give him an excuse for whining about it. That is not the same definition of bad tackle as Wenger is implying. Yet again it is the whole victimisation crap. Everybody else gets injuries and manages to carry on without chucking their toys out of the pram. It was a good tackle, with bad consequences.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:15 am

Prufrock wrote:
I understand that, and understand the frustration Wenger, Fabregas and the fans would feel on having their best player doubtful for the game, but that doesn't give him an excuse for whining about it. That is not the same definition of bad tackle as Wenger is implying. Yet again it is the whole victimisation crap. Everybody else gets injuries and manages to carry on without chucking their toys out of the pram. It was a good tackle, with bad consequences.
To be fair i don't think it was that bad a whine - the media know how to push his buttons and sometimes he loses it - at least it means he cares as a manager even if he can come accross a bit ridiculous to non - Arsenal fans. I'll take the bad points of AW happily when considering all the good stuff he brings to the club!

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:46 am

Prufrock wrote:
To be fair i don't think it was that bad a whine - the media know how to push his buttons and sometimes he loses it - at least it means he cares as a manager even if he can come accross a bit ridiculous to non - Arsenal fans. I'll take the bad points of AW happily when considering all the good stuff he brings to the club!
Good stuff?

He's won nowt in years, and won't win out this year either.

For all the boasting about your players, your style of playing, your 'superstars' on the pitch - you've actually achieved sod all - while Darren Fletcher is winning league titles year-after-year.
Troll and proud of it.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:54 am

as wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Good stuff?

For all the boasting about your players, your style of playing, your 'superstars' on the pitch - you've actually achieved sod all - while Darren Fletcher is winning league titles year-after-year.
Obviously trophies are important and there has been a bit of a dearth of them recently but i'm willing to give him a bit more time. He is extremely good at plucking obscure players from nowhere and selling them on at ridiculous amounts (Nicolas Anelka anyone?) the club is in a very good position financially, not yet run by foreign investors who don't have a scooby about the club, we're battling with the big boys season in, season out even though we don't pay out half as much in transfers and salaries as they do, we play very good football and the majority of saturdays i am celebrating a win... If it goes another couple of years without trophies then my thoughts on him might change but at the moment i'm still not sure (embarrassing statements and all that spring from him) that i would swap him for any other manager.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:17 am

as wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Good stuff?

Obviously trophies are important and there has been a bit of a dearth of them recently but i'm willing to give him a bit more time. He is extremely good at plucking obscure players from nowhere and selling them on at ridiculous amounts (Nicolas Anelka anyone?) the club is in a very good position financially, not yet run by foreign investors who don't have a scooby about the club, we're battling with the big boys season in, season out even though we don't pay out half as much in transfers and salaries as they do, we play very good football and the majority of saturdays i am celebrating a win... If it goes another couple of years without trophies then my thoughts on him might change but at the moment i'm still not sure (embarrassing statements and all that spring from him) that i would swap him for any other manager.
Oh christ the old "we're battling against the odds" bollocks from an Arsenal fan. You're spending more than 85% of the teams in the league you're competing in. Its not like Wenger is having to sell half your squad just to keep the club going.

He's had money and refused to spend it. Which may be sensible. But he takes the responsibility for success. If he fails to win trophies thanks to those decisions, then lets not delude ourselves that its cos he's up against all the "nasty big rich clubs". And all this stuff about young players, thats because Arsenal pay phenomenal amounts of money to cherry pick the best youngsters from clubs in Europe.

In terms of "profit" you won't find much better profit than Man Utd made on Ronaldo. Perhaps Wenger needs some lessons from Fergie as he seems to be doing alright without blowing the family silver and still wins a shed load of trophies.

Explain that one away!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Oh christ the old "we're battling against the odds" bollocks from an Arsenal fan. You're spending more than 85% of the teams in the league you're competing in. Its not like Wenger is having to sell half your squad just to keep the club going.

He's had money and refused to spend it. Which may be sensible. But he takes the responsibility for success. If he fails to win trophies thanks to those decisions, then lets not delude ourselves that its cos he's up against all the "nasty big rich clubs". And all this stuff about young players, thats because Arsenal pay phenomenal amounts of money to cherry pick the best youngsters from clubs in Europe.

In terms of "profit" you won't find much better profit than Man Utd made on Ronaldo. Perhaps Wenger needs some lessons from Fergie as he seems to be doing alright without blowing the family silver and still wins a shed load of trophies.

Explain that one away!
I said we are spending less then the rest of the big 4 and managing to keep up - i didn't say we were spending less then everyone else in the premier league!

A lot of Arsenal fans are frustrated by Wengers lack of buying proven players and i do wish he had bought a proven striker in the january window, i'm not saying he makes the right decisions all the time and much as i hate Fergie i have to admit he does a good job - though United are £716 million in debt ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8470595.stm ) and the fans aren't exactly happy about the Glazers being in charge are they so i wouldn't say all is rosy there. I'd rather Chelsea won the league then United if it can't be us.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Explain that one away!
I said we are spending less then the rest of the big 4 and managing to keep up - i didn't say we were spending less then everyone else in the premier league!

A lot of Arsenal fans are frustrated by Wengers lack of buying proven players and i do wish he had bought a proven striker in the january window, i'm not saying he makes the right decisions all the time and much as i hate Fergie i have to admit he does a good job - though United are £716 million in debt ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8470595.stm ) and the fans aren't exactly happy about the Glazers being in charge are they so i wouldn't say all is rosy there. I'd rather Chelsea won the league then United if it can't be us.
You missed the point. Wenger isn't doing anything that Ferguson isn't. Its just he's won far fewer trophies while he's been doing it.

Man Utd have brought through some cracking players and managed to win the premiership year after year with them.

Whats Wengers excuse for that? Other than he's not as good a manager which is an undeniable fact!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Explain that one away!

You missed the point. Wenger isn't doing anything that Ferguson isn't. Its just he's won far fewer trophies while he's been doing it.

Man Utd have brought through some cracking players and managed to win the premiership year after year with them.

Whats Wengers excuse for that? Other than he's not as good a manager which is an undeniable fact!
Not much in it though, is there? Being a bit worse than possibly the greatest mangr of al tme (sorry typing through gritted fingers) is hardly awful is it? Arsenal do spend less than the other big 4. Carrick £18million, Hargreaves ditto, Rooney £30m, Ferdinand £36m, Berbatov £30m. Arsenal haven't spent anywhere near that. I reckon, and that is all that it is, a reckon, that he does more cash but chooses not to spend it. I'm not sure that's a reason for criticism, he has an economics degree and it the state of the current game wants his club to live within it's means, surely we are all in favour of this? He spends a lot of cash on the best kids, and pays them bigger wages so they come to Arsenal, but he still spends less, and manages to compete. His decision means they are less competitive, but more stable, he takes the consequences of both sides of that coin. In that sense I admire him. What I don't like is his blatant hypocrisy and whinging attempts to ban tackles. This is the man who's midfield two of Petit and Vieira got an average of six bookings a match each, and that was on a good day, and who resigned Sol chuck myslef in two footed all the time Campbell. For that he is a prick. But he's hell of a manager.