biggest game of our season...

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:11 pm

Prufrock wrote:
boltonaremysecondteam wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:
boltonaremysecondteam wrote: If you mean the great RVP Philip, then No :( We have no strikers really, save Bentner! :wall:
In other words, you have no strikers.
Bentdner would walk into our team, and it is no coincidence Arsenal have improved massively since he returned.
bendtner has the potential to be really good - he's just far to inconsistent at the moment and overly cocky about his ability.
Pretty much. He's not as good as he thinks he is, but he's your second best option up top in a 4-5-1.
given that our first best option is out injured and the other options are mostly teenagers or arshavin (for whom it's not a natural position) that's not hard!

as
Reliable
Reliable

Post by as » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:18 pm

Prufrock wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:
thebish wrote:is Visible Pantyline fit yet?
If you mean the great RVP Philip, then No :( We have no strikers really, save Bentner! :wall:
Bentdner would walk into our team, and it is no coincidence Arsenal have improved massively since he returned.
bendtner has the potential to be really good - he's just far to inconsistent at the moment and overly cocky about his ability.
Sums up Arsenal fans/players and management for me :wink:
Troll and proud of it.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:21 pm

as wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:
boltonaremysecondteam wrote: If you mean the great RVP Philip, then No :( We have no strikers really, save Bentner! :wall:
Sums up Arsenal fans/players and management for me :wink:
I'd just say our expectations are higher then Bolton fans - cos we actually win games... ;)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:51 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote: In other words, you have no strikers.
Pretty much. He's not as good as he thinks he is, but he's your second best option up top in a 4-5-1.
given that our first best option is out injured and the other options are mostly teenagers or arshavin (for whom it's not a natural position) that's not hard!
Well....true, but he's still not bad :D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:20 pm

I'll be interested to hear Wengers excuses, as he can't really criticise Barcelona of being defensive, longball, bullying, North of the Watford gap bastards...

Nor (surely) can he be hypocritical enough to call them cheating, whining, foreigners.

As for me, I'll be watching Lyon v Bordeaux tonight and possibly toss a coin for the game I'll watch tomorrow
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:26 pm

boltonboris wrote:I'll be interested to hear Wengers excuses, as he can't really criticise Barcelona of being defensive, longball, bullying, North of the Watford gap bastards...

Nor (surely) can he be hypocritical enough to call them cheating, whining, foreigners.

As for me, I'll be watching Lyon v Bordeaux tonight and possibly toss a coin for the game I'll watch tomorrow
is it on t'telly then?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:40 pm

thebish wrote:
boltonboris wrote:I'll be interested to hear Wengers excuses, as he can't really criticise Barcelona of being defensive, longball, bullying, North of the Watford gap bastards...

is it on t'telly then?
Pardon monsieur?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:42 pm

boltonboris wrote:
thebish wrote:

is it on t'telly then?
Pardon monsieur?
is lyon-bordeaux on t'telly - i mean ordinary telly - presumably you mean skyspurts!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:44 pm

thebish wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
thebish wrote:

is it on t'telly then?
Pardon monsieur?
is lyon-bordeaux on t'telly - i mean ordinary telly - presumably you mean skyspurts!
Sorry buddy, yep Skysports... Do Gods salaries not stretch that far? Or is HD a sin? :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:46 pm

boltonboris wrote:
thebish wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
thebish wrote:

is it on t'telly then?
Pardon monsieur?
Sorry buddy, yep Skysports... Do Gods salaries not stretch that far? Or is HD a sin? :wink:
the former! 8)

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:02 pm

Wengers arrogance and anal comments not to menting whining like a wee child means I want Barcelone to win (and I used to really like Arsenal, until Wenger started all his nonsense)
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:06 pm

Raven wrote:Wengers arrogance and anal comments not to menting whining like a wee child means I want Barcelone to win (and I used to really like Arsenal, until Wenger started all his nonsense)
As did I, until about 3/4 years ago....

rockthereebok
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by rockthereebok » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:08 pm

I fully expect Barca to hand down a real football lesson to Arsenal tonight and win by a comfortable margin. As this Champions League match blog points out Messi and Ibrahimovic are raring to go and will tear Wenger's men to pieces.

I also expect Arsene to react by getting his thugs at the back to try and kick chunks out of them like the giant hypocrite he is.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:23 pm

rockthereebok wrote:As this Champions League match blog points out

aghhhhhh!!! enough already!!!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:27 pm

rockthereebok wrote:
I also expect Arsene to react by getting his thugs at the back to try and kick chunks out of them like the giant hypocrite he is.

Interestingly a certain Nigel Winterburn was on R5 this morning - when asked how Arsenal would cope with Messi, he spent some time bemoaning the changes that have sidelined tough tackling - and said that in his day they would simply have kicked him off the park - but that nowadays as soon as you tackle someone "solidly" referees intervene for "aggressive play"....

hmmmmm....... I wonder why?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:28 pm

I shall be watching dressed in full Barca kit :D
(Never get much chance to wear it).

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:28 pm

thebish wrote:
rockthereebok wrote:

Interestingly a certain Nigel Winterburn was on R5 this morning - when asked how Arsenal would cope with Messi, he spent some time bemoaning the changes that have sidelined tough tackling - and said that in his day they would simply have kicked him off the park - but that nowadays as soon as you tackle someone "solidly" referees intervene for "aggressive play"....

Nigel Winterburn = Legend. Wish we still had that back 4...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:32 pm

thebish wrote:
rockthereebok wrote:

I wonder what he thinks when he hears Wenger talk about tackling....

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:35 pm

thebish wrote:
thebish wrote:
rockthereebok wrote:

:D He did play under Wenger. I don't remember them being less effective as a back line under Wenger then under Rioch or GG - though they were getting on a bit by then!

8) 8) 8) 8)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:05 pm

thebish wrote:
thebish wrote:
rockthereebok wrote:

:D He did play under Wenger. I don't remember them being less effective as a back line under Wenger then under Rioch or GG - though they were getting on a bit by then!

Its not till you see that pic thatyou realise how ugly footballers really are :mrgreen:

8) 8) 8) 8)