Allardyce off on one again....

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Allardyce off on one again....

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:00 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 43,00.html
"I'm not suited to Bolton or Blackburn, I would be more suited to Inter Milan or Real Madrid," said the former Trotters tactician.

"It wouldn't be a problem to me to go and manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time.

"Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem.

"It's not where I'm suited to, it's just where I've been for most of the time.

"It's not a problem to take me into the higher reaches of the Champions League or Premier League and would make my job a lot easier in winning it."
Of course you would Sam. Just like if I was centre forward for Bolton I'd score a hat-trick or at least two every game.

:roll:

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:03 pm

I bet the Blackburn fans are pleased.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:11 pm

Great manager, great bloke, terrible public speaker.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:18 pm

East Lower wrote:Great manager, great bloke, terrible public speaker.
I think he's a good public speaker. He just has a massive ego and a massive chip on his shoulder that he didn't get a bigger job offer whilst he was managing us. He needs to understand that image counts unless you have a record so good that clubs can't ignore it.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:21 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
I think he's a good public speaker. He just has a massive ego and a massive chip on his shoulder that he didn't get a bigger job offer whilst he was managing us. He needs to understand that image counts unless you have a record so good that clubs can't ignore it.
Hard to criticise his time with us, but he'll never be fashionable enough for the sort of job that he craves. The media have seen to that.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:27 pm

East Lower wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hard to criticise his time with us, but he'll never be fashionable enough for the sort of job that he craves. The media have seen to that.
You can't criticise anything he did here, apart from his last season or two when he lost interest.

But that doesn't make him good enough for Man Utd or Chelsea. He's won nothing significant in his career.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:37 pm

Shot his bolt at Newcastle, whether it was his fault or not.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:39 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
East Lower wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
You can't criticise anything he did here, apart from his last season or two when he lost interest.

But that doesn't make him good enough for Man Utd or Chelsea. He's won nothing significant in his career.
Surely dragging us up to the top flight and suchlike is more significant (to us) than winning pots?

All 'Arry has won was an FA Cup against a lower league side (I think)...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:42 pm

East Lower wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
East Lower wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Surely dragging us up to the top flight and suchlike is more significant (to us) than winning pots?

All 'Arry has won was an FA Cup against a lower league side (I think)...
For us yes, but big clubs don't see it like that.

If you haven't got a record of winning trophies at small clubs then you need the "right image". Allardyce had neither. Redknapp didn't until he became the media darling but even then he only got the Spurs job who were in the relegation zone at the time!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:46 pm

Isn't he just taking the piss and you ladies have fell for it hook, line and sinker?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:53 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Isn't he just taking the piss and you ladies have fell for it hook, line and sinker?
Have us ladies went and fell for it? :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:54 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Isn't he just taking the piss and you ladies have fell for it hook, line and sinker?
No he's not.

For years he's been banging on about how he deserves a chance for managing a "big club" or England. Fair enough.

He's got a massive chip on his shoulder about it. Remember the old "Allardicio" quip, that started off as a tongue in cheek comment, but then was repeated with such frequency and more and more ferociously. And remember the plaintiff "I've given an interview to the FA thats blown them away, I hope I get a chance" comments....

He deluded LK. I know you like him. And I liked him when he was here as he did a fantastic job. But he's still arrogant, deluded and thinks he's the best manager to come along since Cloughie. He's probably a better manager than Coyle, but I'd still rather have Coyle representing Bolton at this moment in time from a media point of view as I'm sure Blackburn fans would right now.

End of the day he's a cock and as he's not our cock anymore I think we should treat him in the same vein as 'Arry, Arsene etc....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
End of the day he's a cock and as he's not our cock anymore I think we should treat him in the same vein as 'Arry, Arsene etc....

nahhh - category of his own, that one....

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
No he's not.

For years he's been banging on about how he deserves a chance for managing a "big club" or England. Fair enough.

He's got a massive chip on his shoulder about it. Remember the old "Allardicio" quip, that started off as a tongue in cheek comment, but then was repeated with such frequency and more and more ferociously. And remember the plaintiff "I've given an interview to the FA thats blown them away, I hope I get a chance" comments....

He deluded LK. I know you like him. And I liked him when he was here as he did a fantastic job. But he's still arrogant, deluded and thinks he's the best manager to come along since Cloughie. He's probably a better manager than Coyle, but I'd still rather have Coyle representing Bolton at this moment in time from a media point of view as I'm sure Blackburn fans would right now.

Blimey :shock:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:12 pm

anyway - I thought we established that it's Allerdyce....

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
No he's not.

I'm with you on most of that, although I'd still like to see him given a chance as England boss, simply cos I'd like to see the FA try to push him into calling up "the right sort of players" instead of those that actually deserve it...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:32 pm

East Lower wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
No he's not.

Blimey :shock:
Hell hath no fury...

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:28 pm

I actually think the opposite of what he said, that he is a manager suited to Blackburn or Bolton rather than Man U, Chelsea or Real Madrid or Inter Milan.

He has proved himself for creating a style of play and management that is effective in reaching upper mid table in the Premiership with limited players, and little finances. Once he had a budget at Newcastle he followed exactly the same methods, but mid table was deemed not good enough there. He could argue he got little time, but that is the nature of his job, if you have a poor first season you rarely get a chance for the next season - he should have been factoring that into his claims.

The best managers create an (usually open) attacking style of play that get the Rooney's, Ronaldo's and Messi's of this world to have the biggest impact on games. He has shown no evidence of even thinking of approaching any job like that.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:24 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote: The best managers create an (usually open) attacking style of play that get the Rooney's, Ronaldo's and Messi's of this world to have the biggest impact on games. He has shown no evidence of even thinking of approaching any job like that.
Mourinho doesn't

Anyway, Allardyce was great for us, and even more importantly for him, himself

I'd not trust him so far as I can throw him and he's big headed wanker

But then maybe I'm ignorant

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:05 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote: The best managers create an (usually open) attacking style of play that get the Rooney's, Ronaldo's and Messi's of this world to have the biggest impact on games. He has shown no evidence of even thinking of approaching any job like that.
Mourinho doesn't

Anyway, Allardyce was great for us, and even more importantly for him, himself

I'd not trust him so far as I can throw him and he's big headed wanker

But then maybe I'm ignorant
Yes you are Caps. And naive, lets not forget that.

:mrgreen: