Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ever

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Diving Arsenal Players - The Least Shocking Admission Ev

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:19 pm

ChrisC wrote: Modric could play for any team in the world.
This is clearly incorrect. He was "too small" for us, as I understand it, some while before he went to Spurs. :wink:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:27 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Van Persie scored a good un today. As an old Gooner you must be pleased to see him doing so well GG
:whack: you're living dangerously Harry... Hows it going anyway? Been mistaken for a female again yet?! ;)

In all seriousness why would Theo want to go to Spuds? Its certainly not an upward move, not really even a sideways one. They always end up below us. Granted gap is closer these days but still... Perhaps they would up his wages but is it worth all that when they have never played champions league football and have very little chance of winning anything (yes, even less then us) and the gooners would hate him for ever if he did? He's not so good that man u/chelsea/city would want him which either leaves abroad or a downwards step in this league.
http://uk.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/ ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ok, I stand corrected. Had forgotten about that! :oops: but still, why would anyone want to play for spurs?! :conf:

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:49 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Van Persie scored a good un today. As an old Gooner you must be pleased to see him doing so well GG
:whack: you're living dangerously Harry... Hows it going anyway? Been mistaken for a female again yet?! ;)

In all seriousness why would Theo want to go to Spuds? Its certainly not an upward move, not really even a sideways one. They always end up below us. Granted gap is closer these days but still... Perhaps they would up his wages but is it worth all that when they have never played champions league football and have very little chance of winning anything (yes, even less then us) and the gooners would hate him for ever if he did? He's not so good that man u/chelsea/city would want him which either leaves abroad or a downwards step in this league.
http://uk.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/ ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ok, I stand corrected. Had forgotten about that! :oops: but still, why would anyone want to play for spurs?! :conf:

I would put Arsenal and Spurs on par personally :D

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:54 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

I would put Arsenal and Spurs on par personally :D
Be serious! They haven't finished above us in years!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:56 pm

let the girl have a little pride!!!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:00 pm

thebish wrote:let the girl have a little pride!!!
Being better then spurs is all we have to cling onto at the moment - we are that bad!

And it might change this season too... That would be depressing, if we finish below them then Wenger out!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:06 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Being better then spurs is all we have to cling onto at the moment - we are that bad!

And it might change this season too... That would be depressing, if we finish below them then Wenger out!
errrr... perspective hun - perspective!!! you have just won 4 league games in a row (or is it five?) we can't even win two in a row!!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:11 pm

thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

errrr... perspective hun - perspective!!! you have just won 4 league games in a row (or is it five?) we can't even win two in a row!!
We have different expectations! Neither team is doing as well as we hoped. You're not in mix for play off places and we're not going to in the league - be minor miracle if we make top 3... And we can't even beat Bradford in league cup which depressingly was probably our best chance of silverwear this year...

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:57 pm

Gooner Girl wrote: in league cup which depressingly is our only chance of silverwear every year...
Fixed that for you :wink:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:16 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote: in league cup which depressingly is our only chance of silverwear every year...
Reckon you'll be looking good for silverwear next season Harry. I don't think League 1 champions is beyond your grasp ;)

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:21 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Reckon you'll be looking good for silverwear next season Harry. I don't think League 1 champions is beyond your grasp ;)
It will be when we're back in the Prem! :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:23 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
It will be when we're back in the Prem! :D
Much as it would be nice to spank your arses at The Emirates again i reckon you're living in cloud cuckoo land ;)

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:24 pm

sorry GG but all 99% of fans of any club care for is trophies and they have won something more recently than you it dosent matter where you finsih if you are between 2nd and 6th IMO.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:48 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:sorry GG but all 99% of fans of any club care for is trophies and they have won something more recently than you it dosent matter where you finsih if you are between 2nd and 6th IMO.
It does matter if you want to be in the champions league. And whilst I agree in many ways it would matter little if you finished 5th or 6th finishing above spurs is very important to gooners. St totteringhams day is an annual celebration and needs to be kept that way.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:50 pm

yes it is important to come above your local rivals especially in north London but I know who I would rather be a fan of in recent time out of those two clubs (say the last 5 years).
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:52 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:yes it is important to come above your local rivals especially in north London but I know who I would rather be a fan of in recent time out of those two clubs (say the last 5 years).
Can you remember any further back then 5 years anyway?! :conf:

No accounting for taste ;)

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:54 pm

2001/02 is the first season I remember but I only would call the last five years recnt maybe that will not be the case once I have lived a few years more.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:10 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:sorry GG but all 99% of fans of any club care for is trophies and they have won something more recently than you it dosent matter where you finsih if you are between 2nd and 6th IMO.
It does matter if you want to be in the champions league. And whilst I agree in many ways it would matter little if you finished 5th or 6th finishing above spurs is very important to gooners. St totteringhams day is an annual celebration and needs to be kept that way.
What constitutes a good season for Arsenal?

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:12 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
it must be more than finishing above Spurs I think it is winning a trophy but I am sure GG can give us more insight on that

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:14 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Annoyed Grunt wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
it must be more than finishing above Spurs I think it is winning a trophy but I am sure GG can give us more insight on that
Yes, that's why I asked GG........