meggo

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gaz Tomorrow
Promising
Promising

Re: meggo

Post by Gaz Tomorrow » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:15 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Oh I am. Completely bitter. I hope he fails spectacularly. And that we get chance to play one of his sides and smash them into oblivion.
Agreed! Mainly for what he said about Wanderers fans.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:07 pm

He said some of them were cnuts

He was right
Sto ut Serviam

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:46 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:The important question is did it fall within the 3.7 minute timeframe?
No, but the entire Sky interview was 1.35 and not all Megson.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:50 pm

The written story says the following:
However, he is expecting the full backing of the Wednesday faithful and could not help but have a dig at Wanderers fans, referencing his achievements at the Reebok Stadium.

"I have played a lot of games for Sheffield Wednesday and know what the supporters are like," he said.

"When you get it right, it's the best support you're ever going to get. One of the problems I had at Bolton was when it was going right, it never seemed to be.

"If I ever get to a position where I can take Sheffield Wednesday to get a point at Bayern Munich, beat Atletico Madrid over two legs, beat Manchester United for the first time in years and keep them up from a position which was the worst ever start in Premier League history, I am sure the supporters will get behind that and realise what is going on."
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

P.O.S.
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by P.O.S. » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:57 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:The written story says the following:
However, he is expecting the full backing of the Wednesday faithful and could not help but have a dig at Wanderers fans, referencing his achievements at the Reebok Stadium.

"I have played a lot of games for Sheffield Wednesday and know what the supporters are like," he said.

"When you get it right, it's the best support you're ever going to get. One of the problems I had at Bolton was when it was going right, it never seemed to be.

"If I ever get to a position where I can take Sheffield Wednesday to get a point at Bayern Munich, beat Atletico Madrid over two legs, beat Manchester United for the first time in years and keep them up from a position which was the worst ever start in Premier League history, I am sure the supporters will get behind that and realise what is going on."
Didn't really want to get involved with the talk about Megson taking over Shefield Wednesday, but that is a disgrace of a comment, and totally uncalled for.

To all these Sheffield Wednesday fans who he's sure will love it if he gets them into Europe, don't hold your breath (or spend your money) if you draw Sporting after getting past Madrid.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:23 pm

Bloke at work who is a Wednesdayite asked me about him today. I just said in results terms he's alright but one for things for sure, wave goodbye to enjoying football matches.

He comes out of that looking a bit of a cnut to be honest; fair does he was asked the question but its like he's been itching to get that out, but no-one has asked him for a year and a month....He played minimum, if any, part in getting us to europe in the first place. I'll be very surprised, nay I'lll be a f*cking alien, if he gets a team from league 1 to europe.

Yes some fans were dicks, but thats fans at times, particularly 'the modern football fan'. He aint the only one - McCarthy is getting dogs abuse after a last minute goal where his full back f*cked it up!

Very surprised Madaric appointed him actually given their past.

Still thankful for some of his signings, but the wazac had no clue how to use them.

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:26 pm

Immense talent for making a complete cock of himself. Did a reasonable job on paper here but his negativity and that huge great chip he still appears to be carting round don't do him any favours. Get the feeling he faces a lifetime of not quite understanding why people aren't as grateful to him as he knows they ought to be.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:30 pm

If I was one of the players involved in the games mentioned, I'd be looking forward to playing against Megson again after this. And then, WHEN the convincing beating comes, I'd never tire of telling Megson that it was him that "took" his team to an absolute pasting.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

ebby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ebby » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:34 pm

just saw his ful interview on skysports, this guy is delusional!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:57 pm

I think it's great, that with a really shit squad - relegation fodder - who were nothing to do with him when we qualified - he managed to get decent reaults by putting out our second string against Bayern - and a load of useless tossers he couldn't wait to get rid of, to beat Atletico.

He forgot to mention, that with his first picks, he couldn't beat Wigan, the week after Lisbon - how unfortunate was that?

Wanker.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:26 am

See, that's what I said he said. What an epic nice person he really is!

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:38 am

ebby wrote:just saw his ful interview on skysports, this guy is delusional!
Quite. I also saw one on the BBC where Megson appeared to be sat next a foreign chap who I swear was an Ali G character. Anyway, same old bobbins trotted out including Europe, bottom 3, fans etc. including a new relevation that under his guidance we beat Man U for the first time in 40 years. :conf:
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:04 am

Wasn't Milan manderdick his chairman at Leicester when he walked to join us?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:24 am

I hope Big Sam wades in with "hang on a second, I beat United twice at theirs and qualified us for Europe twice (amongst many other things) you cnut".
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:50 am

Moved to Other Footy as he's nothing to do with us any more.

Thank feck.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:01 am

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Moved to Other Footy as he's nothing to do with us any more.

Thank feck.
CHeers.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:06 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Oh I am. Completely bitter. I hope he fails spectacularly. And that we get chance to play one of his sides and smash them into oblivion.
SirNutcase would despair.

You & that Chris guy should get together.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:16 am

bobo the clown wrote:
SirNutcase would despair.

You & that Chris guy should get together.
Guess Sir Nut will be off to a Wednesday fourm building up the hope of its supporters with his rants on the brilliance of the ginger one.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:18 am

The full interview is here if anyone's interested.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 386999.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He trots out the "kept the team up after the worst ever start in Premiership history." line.

I can only assume he's not done his homework on Sheffield Wednesday - they only had 4 points from 10 games in 1999. As did the Dingles in 1996 - who stayed up that season. City had 2 points from 10 games in 1995...Everton 3 points from 10 in 1994 - although there were more teams in the Prem at that point. Simliar for Swindon and Southampton in 1993, with Southampton surviving.

So other than the minor point that it wasn't the worst start in Prem history (albeit the worst start in Bolton's prem history). It's not the only time that a club on even less points than 5, after 10 games has survived either.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:22 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:He said some of them were cnuts

He was right
Don't be so hard on yourself CAPS, I think you're lovely
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"