What would you do?

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ReliantRobbo
Hopeful
Hopeful

What would you do?

Post by ReliantRobbo » Wed May 25, 2011 1:14 am

Now i'm sure some of you are aware of the predicament R*shden and Diamonds have found theirselves in, but now a possible merging of my home town club Kettering Town and them is on the cards. We would be most likely playing at their ground which is situated about 10 mile away from Kettering. Kettering ourselves are in a bit of bother financially but we've got a bit more stability than what they have, our problem seems to be that we can't build a stadium in the borough of kettering and we have no way of going forward with that problem. But what would you rather do?

A) Merge with your biggest Rivals and move to their stadium, in the process change your name but possibly have a more stable club that you'll be able to watch for the next 10-20 years

OR

B) Let your rivals die ( considering that they really sh*t on other teams when they were making their way up the leagues singing " We will never play you again "etc.) and keep your own ground and name etc. But this may result in your own club going bust.

Feedback welcome :D

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Re: What would you do?

Post by truewhite15 » Wed May 25, 2011 3:06 am

Option B.

Put it this way, if I'd have been a Wimbledon fan, I'd have packed in when they shifted to Milton Keynes, and watched the lower league supporter-run New Wimbledon.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Wed May 25, 2011 10:14 am

truewhite15 wrote:Option B.

Put it this way, if I'd have been a Wimbledon fan, I'd have packed in when they shifted to Milton Keynes, and watched the lower league supporter-run New Wimbledon.
You would have been a very lonely person.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed May 25, 2011 1:08 pm

It's hard to know, but I think Option B.

You might go out of business at some point and have to start again, but it'll still be your club.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed May 25, 2011 4:22 pm

A is a non starter IMHO, would I follow BWFC if we merged with the dingles? no chance!! I'd sleep with Harriet first!!!!!!

ReliantRobbo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ReliantRobbo » Wed May 25, 2011 10:44 pm

Nice to see option B being preferred, all Kettering fans seem to be against it, just seeing if other clubs fans would have the same view. Our manager just left today, so the merger looks to be on the cards, as their manager is hanging around for some reason . Thanks for the feedback guys :D

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed May 25, 2011 11:15 pm

Hoboh wrote:A is a non starter IMHO, would I follow BWFC if we merged with the dingles? no chance!! I'd sleep with Harriet first!!!!!!
You'd wilt if you tried...

bristolwanderer
Promising
Promising

Post by bristolwanderer » Thu May 26, 2011 10:39 am

Option B, without a doubt

LiOC
Reliable
Reliable

Post by LiOC » Thu May 26, 2011 9:54 pm

Gotta be option B.
If we were merged, it'd just not be the same club.