a football club called barnsley

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

a football club called barnsley

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:25 am

what do people think of their chances this year i mean they have brought mido and harewood. i would say that is a pretty impresive strike for and i actually think they could win the league if they carry on adding to their squad like this (note: i see no barnsley thread so went for it)
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Re: a football club called barnsley

Post by truewhite15 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:34 am

Mido's injured, and Harewood's past it. Oh, and shite. They spent most of last season languishing near the bottom, and that was WITH one Ricardo Vaz Te scoring for fun for half the year. They're destined for a slog.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:40 am

fair enough you a me both no that i have some fairly outragous opinions when it come to football i think the brummies will come second by the way (i guess that is more reasonable) do you not think hare wood and mido for that matter are better than vaz te in fact i would have harewood over sordell
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:12 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:fair enough you a me both no that i have some fairly outragous opinions when it come to football i think the brummies will come second by the way (i guess that is more reasonable) do you not think hare wood and mido for that matter are better than vaz te in fact i would have harewood over sordell
:eh:

No, on current form, I don't think Mido and Harewood are better than Vaz Te. I think they're both overrated. Mido has never exactly lit up a match, and Harewood is a lump.

Birmingham second? Maybe. Depends how they gel with the new manager. But I doubt Blackburn will win the league. Kean is dodgy, the fans are against them, the stadium will be half-empty. They've bought some names, but Nuno Gomes is past it, and Leon Best is injured. They might scrape the playoffs, if they're lucky. It'll be us, Brum, Blackpool, Leicester and Cardiff battling for automatic promotion, IMO.

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:14 pm

last two seasons a team from Div One has been promoted ( Norwich, Southampton)
so Charlton to be in the mix? or Wednesday though after being obviously transormed by Gary Megson it would depend on how well their new manager steps up
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:24 pm

Have you seen the size of Mido? Think of Jardel, then add 2 stone! He's a long way off making an impact.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:28 pm

boltonboris wrote:Have you seen the size of Mido? Think of Jardel, then add 2 stone! He's a long way off making an impact.
Some pitches might disagree with you......

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:40 pm

Ha! Touche!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:14 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:fair enough you a me both no that i have some fairly outragous opinions when it come to football i think the brummies will come second by the way (i guess that is more reasonable) do you not think hare wood and mido for that matter are better than vaz te in fact i would have harewood over sordell

No, on current form, I don't think Mido and Harewood are better than Vaz Te. I think they're both overrated. Mido has never exactly lit up a match, and Harewood is a lump.

Birmingham second? Maybe. Depends how they gel with the new manager. But I doubt Blackburn will win the league. Kean is dodgy, the fans are against them, the stadium will be half-empty. They've bought some names, but Nuno Gomes is past it, and Leon Best is injured. They might scrape the playoffs, if they're lucky. It'll be us, Brum, Blackpool, Leicester and Cardiff battling for automatic promotion, IMO.
remember when mido scored twice against spurs on boro debut (he also scored twice on spurs debut). dont agree with you on leicster or cardiff and i think bburn will be upthere as will are ourselves and agree with you on bpool
Last edited by bwfcdan94 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:15 pm

boltonboris wrote:Have you seen the size of Mido? Think of Jardel, then add 2 stone! He's a long way off making an impact.
wow someone can actually be fatter than jardel :shock:

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:31 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:

remember when mido scored twice against spurs on boro debut (he also scored twice on spurs debut). dont agree with you on leicster or cardiff and i think bburn will be upthere as will are ourselves and agree with you on bpool
And how many years ago was that? Or don't footballers deteriorate with age in your head?

Cardiff have been there or thereabouts for the last three or four years. Leicester are the league's big spenders. There could be a surprise from the promoted clubs. I also reckon Leeds might improve, and challenge. Blackburn are in utter turmoil. How you can think they'll be automatic promotion challengers at this stage, I'll never know.

Adam Wilson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Adam Wilson » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:04 pm

It could go spectacularly well or spectacularly badly imo. Don't think they'll be close to promotion either way but there are goals in them if everything click. As for Blackburn, they are going to flop big time and I'll be laughing my head off as they do

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:44 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:

And how many years ago was that? Or don't footballers deteriorate with age in your head?

Cardiff have been there or thereabouts for the last three or four years. Leicester are the league's big spenders. There could be a surprise from the promoted clubs. I also reckon Leeds might improve, and challenge. Blackburn are in utter turmoil. How you can think they'll be automatic promotion challengers at this stage, I'll never know.
it was when boro were in the premiership so guess you are right, blackburn have a better squad then us IMO so however sh*t keano is they have a chance because as i say they have probably got the best squad in the league

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:35 pm

So...literally, every pundit and every bookie from here to kingdom come, professionals in the industry, reckon we have the best squad in league. You, however, reckon it's Blackburn. Interesting...

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:07 pm

firstly i am not going about shouting blackburn squad are so much better than boltons rather that they are slightly better, secondly how many people included holden in "our squad" who i am still convinced may never play again, we dont know if C.Y.L is halve the player he used to be with many of you saying he looked sluggish, due to are staffs inability to keep players fit and near top performance at any point during the season and thirdly and finally no one has taken into count the fact blackburn are bound to buy more players where as that is no certainty at the bok. now stop :fishing: for me

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:50 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:firstly i am not going about shouting blackburn squad are so much better than boltons rather that they are slightly better, secondly how many people included holden in "our squad" who i am still convinced may never play again, we dont know if C.Y.L is halve the player he used to be with many of you saying he looked sluggish, due to are staffs inability to keep players fit and near top performance at any point during the season and thirdly and finally no one has taken into count the fact blackburn are bound to buy more players where as that is no certainty at the bok. now stop :fishing: for me
I'm not fishing, I'm responding.

How is it a certainty that Blackburn are going to buy more players, but it isn't at Bolton? It's well documented that we're chasing a handful of midfielders. They may have signed more than us, but the only half decent signing that I've seen Blackburn make is Danny Murphy. The others are dodgy as feck.

You say that you're far from convinced Holden will play again. Your opinion on Holden is, largely, bullshit. You said that he voluntarily missed the entirety of last season after playing against Villa in the cup - bullshit. You said that he was the type of player who wouldn't stick his foot in, calling him, basically, airy-fairy - bullshit, considering that he was one of the highest tacklers in the league the season before. Therefore, you'll forgive me if I don't take your opinion that Holden may never play again entirely seriously.

Your point about CYL - you expected him to come back and instantly be the player he was before? Give him some time.

And quite apart from all that, we finished above Blackburn last season. By a fair distance. You have no evidence that the signings they've made are better than the signings we've made. Even if they are, there is no evidence that those signings therefore bring Blackburn level with us. I'm of the opinion that you've contracted a severe case of the typical Bolton fan's disease - "everyone must be better than us"

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:07 pm

truewhite15 wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:firstly i am not going about shouting blackburn squad are so much better than boltons rather that they are slightly better, secondly how many people included holden in "our squad" who i am still convinced may never play again, we dont know if C.Y.L is halve the player he used to be with many of you saying he looked sluggish, due to are staffs inability to keep players fit and near top performance at any point during the season and thirdly and finally no one has taken into count the fact blackburn are bound to buy more players where as that is no certainty at the bok. now stop :fishing: for me
I'm not fishing, I'm responding.

How is it a certainty that Blackburn are going to buy more players, but it isn't at Bolton? It's well documented that we're chasing a handful of midfielders. They may have signed more than us, but the only half decent signing that I've seen Blackburn make is Danny Murphy. The others are dodgy as feck.

You say that you're far from convinced Holden will play again. Your opinion on Holden is, largely, bullshit. You said that he voluntarily missed the entirety of last season after playing against Villa in the cup - bullshit. You said that he was the type of player who wouldn't stick his foot in, calling him, basically, airy-fairy - bullshit, considering that he was one of the highest tacklers in the league the season before. Therefore, you'll forgive me if I don't take your opinion that Holden may never play again entirely seriously.

Your point about CYL - you expected him to come back and instantly be the player he was before? Give him some time.

And quite apart from all that, we finished above Blackburn last season. By a fair distance. You have no evidence that the signings they've made are better than the signings we've made. Even if they are, there is no evidence that those signings therefore bring Blackburn level with us. I'm of the opinion that you've contracted a severe case of the typical Bolton fan's disease - "everyone must be better than us"

i think your right i never felt like this under megson so it must be a new thing partly brought on by relegation, i think we will finish 5th next season by the way so not everyone is better than us in fact i think we could realistically have 9 points or if not at least 7 by the end of the month. ARE YOU GOING ON SATURDAY?, HOW WILL WE GET ON

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:18 am

may i point out these so called relegation favourites are on the same points as us

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:30 pm

May i point out that where only a handful of games into the season
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:41 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:may i point out these so called relegation favourites are on the same points as us
you are not really a Bolton fan are you