Tonight's Football

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23849
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 23, 2020 7:47 pm

I think it's very quiet

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7441
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu May 28, 2020 8:26 pm

Premier league has a come back date and we will be able to watch Arsenal get spanked by Man City on the 17th June as they are all going to be on the box. Son number 1 is so excited about watching football again he says he doesn’t care that we will lose... :crazy: I’m not quite at that stage myself but boy, it will be nice to see it back (if a little weird with the empty stadiums).

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu May 28, 2020 11:29 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:26 pm
Premier league has a come back date and we will be able to watch Arsenal get spanked by Man City on the 17th June as they are all going to be on the box. Son number 1 is so excited about watching football again he says he doesn’t care that we will lose... :crazy: I’m not quite at that stage myself but boy, it will be nice to see it back (if a little weird with the empty stadiums).

Shouldn’t be any difference in noise levels. #library 😉

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7441
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri May 29, 2020 9:23 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:29 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:26 pm
Premier league has a come back date and we will be able to watch Arsenal get spanked by Man City on the 17th June as they are all going to be on the box. Son number 1 is so excited about watching football again he says he doesn’t care that we will lose... :crazy: I’m not quite at that stage myself but boy, it will be nice to see it back (if a little weird with the empty stadiums).

Shouldn’t be any difference in noise levels. #library 😉
Do you reckon every time you make that hilarious joke I laugh? :conf: :roll: :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23849
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 29, 2020 12:03 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:23 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:29 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:26 pm
Premier league has a come back date and we will be able to watch Arsenal get spanked by Man City on the 17th June as they are all going to be on the box. Son number 1 is so excited about watching football again he says he doesn’t care that we will lose... :crazy: I’m not quite at that stage myself but boy, it will be nice to see it back (if a little weird with the empty stadiums).

Shouldn’t be any difference in noise levels. #library 😉
Do you reckon every time you make that hilarious joke I laugh? :conf: :roll: :wink:
Doesn't matter - we do! :-)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7441
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Gooner Girl » Fri May 29, 2020 12:58 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:03 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:23 am
Burnden Paddock wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:29 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:26 pm
Premier league has a come back date and we will be able to watch Arsenal get spanked by Man City on the 17th June as they are all going to be on the box. Son number 1 is so excited about watching football again he says he doesn’t care that we will lose... :crazy: I’m not quite at that stage myself but boy, it will be nice to see it back (if a little weird with the empty stadiums).

Shouldn’t be any difference in noise levels. #library 😉
Do you reckon every time you make that hilarious joke I laugh? :conf: :roll: :wink:
Doesn't matter - we do! :-)
Easily amused you Bolton fans!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23849
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 29, 2020 12:59 pm

We have to be - there's nothing much else to keep us amused! :-)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7441
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:17 pm

Arsenal played a friendly against Charlton today. They put the highlights up on social media. Its so weird watching them play in an empty stadium - ignoring the tired old jokes you all make about the Emirates noise levels :roll: the quietness and the empty seats was really weird. I wonder how long it will be for. Stretch into next season? I was reading that the likes of sky etc will offer a fake noise commentary too! But surely that will be even weirder hearing people cheer whilst watching teams play in stadiums full of empty seats? :conf: Bet there won’t be any “referees a wanker” or similar chants stuck in either!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2898
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:52 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:17 pm
Arsenal played a friendly against Charlton today. They put the highlights up on social media. Its so weird watching them play in an empty stadium - ignoring the tired old jokes you all make about the Emirates noise levels :roll: the quietness and the empty seats was really weird. I wonder how long it will be for. Stretch into next season? I was reading that the likes of sky etc will offer a fake noise commentary too! But surely that will be even weirder hearing people cheer whilst watching teams play in stadiums full of empty seats? :conf: Bet there won’t be any “referees a wanker” or similar chants stuck in either!

On the fake noise, I read the Bundesliga is being filmed with tighter angles, so you don’t see the empty stands too much. I agree though, i’m expecting it to be like canned laughter on comedy shows, which I despise!

Oh and I don’t think you’ll find anyone commenting on a lack of noise at the Emirates! 😇

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7441
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:58 pm

Dear God, why did I want the football season back? :hang:

Fancy signing Luis? He’s really good, errrr...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23849
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:10 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:58 pm
Dear God, why did I want the football season back? :hang:

Fancy signing Luis? He’s really good, errrr...
I think his post match interview suggests he's not going to be a problem for you much longer...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7441
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:10 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:58 pm
Dear God, why did I want the football season back? :hang:

Fancy signing Luis? He’s really good, errrr...
I think his post match interview suggests he's not going to be a problem for you much longer...
We need to have a huge clear out this summer. So off the pace it’s embarrassing.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36144
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:52 pm

Caught a bit of the City - Arsenal game int' car. Can somebody please explain to me as to how come a stadium announcer was used? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7441
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:58 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:52 pm
Caught a bit of the City - Arsenal game int' car. Can somebody please explain to me as to how come a stadium announcer was used? :conf:
To remind the arsenal players they were supposed to be playing a match maybe?! :evil: :cry:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36144
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:00 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:58 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:52 pm
Caught a bit of the City - Arsenal game int' car. Can somebody please explain to me as to how come a stadium announcer was used? :conf:
To remind the arsenal players they were supposed to be playing a match maybe?! :evil: :cry:
Just seen highlights. Did Luiz play like that on purpose? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7441
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:07 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:00 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:58 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:52 pm
Caught a bit of the City - Arsenal game int' car. Can somebody please explain to me as to how come a stadium announcer was used? :conf:
To remind the arsenal players they were supposed to be playing a match maybe?! :evil: :cry:
Just seen highlights. Did Luiz play like that on purpose? :conf:
There were highlights?

He seems to take it in turns with Mustafi to have an absolute mare. I’m bemused by Artetas decision making. Surely Sokratis and Holding would be a better defensive centre pairing. Now we finally have our decent left and right backs fit I was hoping for a slightly less shaky defence. Thank God for Leno.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23849
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:51 pm

Poor first half from both sets of Scousers.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36144
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:07 pm

This Burnley plane business. Is there only me who suspects that this might well be the mischievous work of Blackburn supporters? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23849
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:36 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:07 pm
This Burnley plane business. Is there only me who suspects that this might well be the mischievous work of Blackburn supporters? :?
Plenty of Neanderthals in both locations....

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7441
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Tonight's Football

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:57 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:36 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:07 pm
This Burnley plane business. Is there only me who suspects that this might well be the mischievous work of Blackburn supporters? :?
Plenty of Neanderthals in both locations....
They’ve got the guy who did it already I believe. Some Burnley fan who’s mates with Tommy Robinson...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests