Page 259 of 261

Re: Tonight's Football

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:19 pm
by Gooner Girl
Meh. We only got beaten 3-0 by Man City... Therefore Arsenal better then Liverpool?! πŸ€” πŸ˜‰

Re: Tonight's Football

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:34 am
by Harry Genshaw
I see Jose's Spurs career is following the same trajectory as his Man Utd one. Bitterness and recrimination after every defeat by a more motivated, well drilled and better coached side. I'll be surprised if he's still there by xmas

Re: Tonight's Football

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:04 am
by Gooner Girl
Harry Genshaw wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:34 am
I see Jose's Spurs career is following the same trajectory as his Man Utd one. Bitterness and recrimination after every defeat by a more motivated, well drilled and better coached side. I'll be surprised if he's still there by xmas
Such a shame :lol:

We have them shortly though, sure he will pull out all the stops to beat us.

Re: Tonight's Football

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:55 am
by Worthy4England
Harry Genshaw wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:34 am
I see Jose's Spurs career is following the same trajectory as his Man Utd one. Bitterness and recrimination after every defeat by a more motivated, well drilled and better coached side. I'll be surprised if he's still there by xmas
He was good in the noughties. Not sure he's won anything "unexpected" in the 10's. In fact for me, he's underperformed in the 10's in large measure.

Re: Tonight's Football

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:44 pm
by Burnden Paddock
Gooner Girl wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:19 pm
Meh. We only got beaten 3-0 by Man City... Therefore Arsenal better then Liverpool?! πŸ€” πŸ˜‰

By that logic, Southampton must be better than Arsenal. πŸ˜‰

Re: Tonight's Football

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:21 pm
by Bruce Rioja
Burnden Paddock wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:44 pm
Gooner Girl wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:19 pm
Meh. We only got beaten 3-0 by Man City... Therefore Arsenal better then Liverpool?! πŸ€” πŸ˜‰

By that logic, Southampton must be better than Arsenal. πŸ˜‰
Only, Arsenal never have their keeper get lobbed from the halfway line. Oh, hang on.... :D

Re: Tonight's Football

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:33 pm
by Gooner Girl
Bruce Rioja wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:21 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:44 pm
Gooner Girl wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:19 pm
Meh. We only got beaten 3-0 by Man City... Therefore Arsenal better then Liverpool?! πŸ€” πŸ˜‰

By that logic, Southampton must be better than Arsenal. πŸ˜‰
Only, Arsenal never have their keeper get lobbed from the halfway line. Oh, hang on.... :D
Thanks for reminding me of the most traumatic evening of my teenage years Bruce! :cry:

Re: Tonight's Football

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:02 pm
by Burnden Paddock
Bruce Rioja wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:21 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:44 pm
Gooner Girl wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:19 pm
Meh. We only got beaten 3-0 by Man City... Therefore Arsenal better then Liverpool?! πŸ€” πŸ˜‰

By that logic, Southampton must be better than Arsenal. πŸ˜‰
Only, Arsenal never have their keeper get lobbed from the halfway line. Oh, hang on.... :D
πŸ˜‚

Re: Tonight's Football

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:04 pm
by Burnden Paddock
Gooner Girl wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:33 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:21 pm
Burnden Paddock wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:44 pm
Gooner Girl wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:19 pm
Meh. We only got beaten 3-0 by Man City... Therefore Arsenal better then Liverpool?! πŸ€” πŸ˜‰

By that logic, Southampton must be better than Arsenal. πŸ˜‰
Only, Arsenal never have their keeper get lobbed from the halfway line. Oh, hang on.... :D
Thanks for reminding me of the most traumatic evening of my teenage years Bruce! :cry:

Surely you got over that in the many, many intervening years since? 😜

Re: Tonight's Football

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:53 am
by Gooner Girl
Well, I didn’t think at the start of this week Arsenal would beat Liverpool and City but cup final here we come. No doubt we will revert to the normal error prone Arsenal in our last league games but happy days for now. Hope Arteta gets the money he needs in the summer. I’m feeling quite excited about the future (long term) with him as manager.

Re: Tonight's Football

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:49 pm
by Bruce Rioja
Watford have sacked Pearson with two games still to play.

WTAF? :shock:

Re: Tonight's Football

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:57 am
by BWFC_Insane
Bruce Rioja wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:49 pm
Watford have sacked Pearson with two games still to play.

WTAF? :shock:
He was appointed in December and Watford were bottom and looked doomed - they had 8 points from 15 games and were 7 off safety. Now they are outside the relegation zone with 2 to play and 3 points clear. Their safety is by no means assured - but what a turnaround. So naturally a manager who works miracles for you is sacked before the end of the season. After all its football? I have to ask - the clowns who run that club - when they appointed him - what did they expect? Champions league?

Re: Tonight's Football

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:42 pm
by Bruce Rioja
BWFC_Insane wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:57 am
Bruce Rioja wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:49 pm
Watford have sacked Pearson with two games still to play.

WTAF? :shock:
He was appointed in December and Watford were bottom and looked doomed - they had 8 points from 15 games and were 7 off safety. Now they are outside the relegation zone with 2 to play and 3 points clear. Their safety is by no means assured - but what a turnaround. So naturally a manager who works miracles for you is sacked before the end of the season. After all its football? I have to ask - the clowns who run that club - when they appointed him - what did they expect? Champions league?
All of that. Absolutely bang on. Half of me hopes they go down now.

Re: Tonight's Football

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:07 pm
by Prufrock
I get all that and I think it's ridiculous too but they've been doing it for years now and always stay up. You could well argue despite rather than because of, but I doubt they see it that way.

Re: Tonight's Football

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:47 pm
by BWFC_Insane
Prufrock wrote: ↑
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:07 pm
I get all that and I think it's ridiculous too but they've been doing it for years now and always stay up. You could well argue despite rather than because of, but I doubt they see it that way.
Not sacked a manager with two games to go...especially after he’s done a great job. Anyway looks like the feckers will get their comeuppance as things stand. Was hoping Villa went down but after this, happy to see Watford sink to oblivion.

Re: Tonight's Football

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:18 pm
by Prufrock
They've sacked others when you think wtf are you doing though.

They're the landlords where I play my home games and they've got decidedly Billy big bollocks since they got in the Prem so was delighted for Villa :D

What a footballer Jack Grealish has returned into. Deserves a bigger stage next year.

Re: Tonight's Football

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:59 pm
by DJBlu
Just thought I'd put this in here,

Of the players who handed their notices in and fecked off the following has occurred.

Megennis - Relegated to League 1
Otzumer - Relegated to League 1
Ameobi - Missed out on the playoffs by 1 goal.

Re: Tonight's Football

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:35 pm
by Bruce Rioja
I see that Ginger Testicles is up in arms after his Celtic side got knocked out of Simpions Lig by Ujpest Hen & Chickens, or some such :D

Re: Tonight's Football

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:03 pm
by Gooner Girl
Well the good news for Arsenal is lots of teams will be trying to sign centre halves tomorrow!

What just happened today? πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Re: Tonight's Football

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:11 am
by Dujon
I don't know, GG, I'm all at sixes and sevens.