Adkins sacked?!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Adkins sacked?!

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:51 am

Saints fans gone crazy about this tweet

https://twitter.com/DietmarHamann" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not Armstrong news, of course :grin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVIQoyFue0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Adkins sacked?!

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:02 pm

What the actual feck???????????

Two consecutive promotions and a decent start in the prem. Only lost 2 in 12 and they come back from 2 down at Chelsea only days ago.. WOW! Something fishy going on.

He must have done something internally.

Do Southampton expect europe or something? :lol:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:20 pm

Mental f*ckers!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Aaaaaaaaaand it's official :conf:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... dkins.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVIQoyFue0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:24 pm

They've been wanting rid of him of him for ages apparently.

And what better time after coming back from 2 goals down against the European Champions?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:46 pm

Adkins nailed on for the Blackpool job apparently.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Doesn't make sense....more to it?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:03 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:Doesn't make sense....more to it?
Rich owners who want a fashionable shiny foreign manager. They gave Adkins some decent financial backing. They'll chuck a mint at this new fella.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:39 pm

A mate of mine who's a big fan of S'ton agrees that it's odd, concerned about the properness of it all, worried about who on Earth the new guy is, accepts it seems unfair on Adkins .......... but feels he was an oddball who made some very strange selections & purchases, had an "I know best" manner and frankly he isn't too upset to see him exit.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:24 pm

very confused, it is a shame because now it looks like Southampton could nick 18th place form Reading meaning the royal wa**ers would stay up. nooooooooo :twisted:
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:07 pm

Constructive dismissal?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:17 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Constructive dismissal?
Go on.
May the bridges I burn light your way

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:40 pm

bobo the clown wrote:A mate of mine who's a big fan of S'ton agrees that it's odd, concerned about the properness of it all, worried about who on Earth the new guy is, accepts it seems unfair on Adkins .......... but feels he was an oddball who made some very strange selections & purchases, had an "I know best" manner and frankly he isn't too upset to see him exit.
sounds coyle-esque

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:06 am

officer_dibble wrote:Constructive dismissal?
Nope .... just plain dismissal by the looks. Termination of contract, with compensation as per lucrative contract I'd expect.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:12 pm

Soton will get relegated now for sure, which means Wigan has absolutely no chance of going down...:(

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:29 pm

no Reading will be the ones to escape after turning it round at Newcastle at the weekend, meaning another season of torture from the youth of wokingham
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:36 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:no Reading will be the ones to escape after turning it round at Newcastle at the weekend, meaning another season of torture from the youth of wokingham
If there's only one of him, I'll run the fecker over on Monday and blame the ice.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:38 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:no Reading will be the ones to escape after turning it round at Newcastle at the weekend, meaning another season of torture from the youth of wokingham
If there's only one of him, I'll run the fecker over on Monday and blame the ice.
thank you sadly there is more than one.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:04 pm

Newcastle seem to be going through one of those phases during which everything seems to be going against them. Reading's first goal came by way of a handball so blatant that it made Suarez's against Mansfield look cunningly clandestine, and their second came about from a Reading mis-kick so bad that the perpetrator would have found himself being, quite justifiably, laughed off of Hackney Marshes.
May the bridges I burn light your way

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Newcastle seem to be going through one of those phases during which everything seems to be going against them. Reading's first goal came by way of a handball so blatant that it made Suarez's against Mansfield look cunningly clandestine, and their second came about from a Reading mis-kick so bad that the perpetrator would have found himself being, quite justifiably, laughed off of Hackney Marshes.
to be fair I didnt see the highlights (could not bare it) so thank you for informing me of the way the goals came about, I should point out that Demba Ba handled fro newcastle in the draw at the Madejski earlier this season, none the less I now can speak of how lucky Reading were didnt deserve it etc come school.