Suarez .... sociopath

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Suarez .... sociopath

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:42 am

I think you spend way too much time thinking about the wrong stuff if you assume people have an agenda on a football forum.

We have a debt that is roughly half that of Barcelona's. What about that particular fact is wrong?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:55 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I think you spend way too much time thinking about the wrong stuff if you assume people have an agenda on a football forum.

We have a debt that is roughly half that of Barcelona's. What about that particular fact is wrong?
And a team that is way below half as good

So agreed poor performance from BWFCi's hero, Gartside!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:51 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:I think you spend way too much time thinking about the wrong stuff if you assume people have an agenda on a football forum.

And a team that is way below half as good

So agreed poor performance from BWFCi's hero, Gartside!
His worst performance was in picking Sam's first three successors - not sure about the fourth.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:55 pm

Shouldn't this thread get back to insulting that buck-toothed Uruguayan c*nt ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:04 pm

He's the only player that prefers to operate as one of the incisive front men in a 2/2 1/1 2/2 3/3 formation
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:06 pm

The fact is correct. The point I'm making is that the alternative was not spending money we had to borrow. And you'd be equally as critical if we'd done that I'm sure because Allardyce would have left earlier, we'd not have had the same success and not seen some of the players we did. And if you want to say "well we should have a bit of debt but not as much as we have" then I'm explaining why once Eddie opened the chequebook for players (as opposed to his earlier investments in the training ground and restructuring the bank debt) it is easy to see why he ended up spending more and more as the cost of staying in the top flight went up. It isn't just Bolton that fell into this trap. The only way to avoid it is to simply do what West Brom did for a number of years or possibly Burnley are doing now, live within your means and accept that you're probably not going to compete in the top flight or certainly not for long. But that would be equally as unpalatable I suspect....

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

The fact is correct. The point I'm making is that the alternative was not spending money we had to borrow. And you'd be equally as critical if we'd done that I'm sure because Allardyce would have left earlier, we'd not have had the same success and not seen some of the players we did. And if you want to say "well we should have a bit of debt but not as much as we have" then I'm explaining why once Eddie opened the chequebook for players (as opposed to his earlier investments in the training ground and restructuring the bank debt) it is easy to see why he ended up spending more and more as the cost of staying in the top flight went up. It isn't just Bolton that fell into this trap. The only way to avoid it is to simply do what West Brom did for a number of years or possibly Burnley are doing now, live within your means and accept that you're probably not going to compete in the top flight or certainly not for long. But that would be equally as unpalatable I suspect....
.... er ..... Suarez ??? :conf:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:12 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Shouldn't this thread get back to insulting that buck-toothed Uruguayan c*nt ??
well I tried... see above ^ (no, no, the one above the one above that one).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:35 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

.... er ..... Suarez ??? :conf:
Put him on ignore.

Clearly not been taking his medication.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:F*ck sake give up for once, you're wrong.
I'm clearly not. You just want to push some nonsense agenda. You can't argue that debt is fine until you decide it isn't. You either accept that we lived within our means and didn't stretch to buying players or you don't. Either the club should have lived off its own finances or it shouldn't.
It's not really an either-or proposition. You can acknowledge that going into debt is sometimes a good idea (buying a quality used car, or signing Nic Anelka) and sometimes a bad idea (buying a house during a bubble, or signing Johan Elmander).

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:06 pm

Oh and Suarez is a dick.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:57 pm

You can acknowledge going into debt *was* a good or bad idea. You don't know until it happens. If it was that easy we'd only have gone into debt for the Anelkas.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:11 pm

But, fly in the ointment time, we didn't get in major Barcelona-esque debt for the Anelka's (I f*cking hate that by the way. Did we sign more than one Anelka?).
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:27 pm

Ha, your Lampards and your Gerrards...

No, but once you've gone a bit into debt to get Anelka, you then think, well, we've got to stay up now or we can't pay back that debt, so we need to spend more money. BWFCi used the gambler analogy, which I think stacks up. If I just get this one right... Tbf ED probably should have said, nah, I've spent the Anelka money but you're not having any more, but hindsight is 20:20.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:29 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:But, fly in the ointment time, we didn't get in major Barcelona-esque debt for the Anelka's (I f*cking hate that by the way. Did we sign more than one Anelka?).
Unfortunately when you sign Nico you get Claude, whether you want him or not.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:29 pm

Prufrock wrote:Ha, your Lampards and your Gerrards...

No, but once you've gone a bit into debt to get Anelka, you then think, well, we've got to stay up now or we can't pay back that debt, so we need to spend more money. BWFCi used the gambler analogy, which I think stacks up. If I just get this one right... Tbf ED probably should have said, nah, I've spent the Anelka money but you're not having any more, but hindsight is 20:20.
Exactly. The thing is that he could have cut his losses after Anelka and Diouf and the 20 odd million. But he'd have been equally as battered for that as he was for the continued spending to try and rescue situations.

And I don't believe Eddie would at the time have felt in a position to question the validity of signings over an above whether he wanted the club to spend his money or not.....he had managers to decide on value.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:31 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:But, fly in the ointment time, we didn't get in major Barcelona-esque debt for the Anelka's (I f*cking hate that by the way. Did we sign more than one Anelka?).
Unfortunately when you sign Nico you get Claude, whether you want him or not.
:D

Wait. Is Nico free now? Reckon he'd come back?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Ha, your Lampards and your Gerrards...

Exactly. The thing is that he could have cut his losses after Anelka and Diouf and the 20 odd million. But he'd have been equally as battered for that as he was for the continued spending to try and rescue situations.

And I don't believe Eddie would at the time have felt in a position to question the validity of signings over an above whether he wanted the club to spend his money or not.....he had managers to decide on value.
It's not a question of value though, it's a question of do we have the cash, and how happy is he to stump up knowing there's no guarantee he'll get it back?

I agree he shouldn't be saying there's £11m but you should sign x, y, or z with it, that's the managers job; he could have said, 'there isn't £11m'. No doubt he'd have got stick if he had, but he still could have done it.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:10 am

meanwhile... Suarez is out there having a big toothy laugh.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:10 pm

Playing ban upheld. Lovely stuff.
Training and promotional ban removed, which is fair enough. Wee done CAS.