Football Trivia

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Football Trivia

Post by Prufrock » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:03 am

Well it wasn't going to be Wayne f*cking Rooney, was it?!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:47 pm

Someone posted this on facebook and I can't figure it out. Here you go

Football riddle courtesy of a work colleague:
1) A has never won a league title, but has won 2 European competitions with club B and 2 international competitions with his country.
2) A started in club B as a professional player but was sold to club C before returning to club B after one year.
3) Club C is one of the oldest clubs in the country where it is based but is currently not in the top division of that country.
4) Player A then went onto Club D for one year and then Club E, his current club. D and E have qualified for the champion's league in each year A was there.
5) Player A’s combined transfer fees in his career are close to €50m.
6) Player A has over 70 international appearances for his country.
Name A, B, C, D & E
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:58 pm

This has been doing my head in. I think it might be Cazorla, by they'd be counting the intertoto cup as a "European competition" which frankly is balls.

B would be Villareal. C would be Recreativo (which I had to Google). D Malaga E Arsenal.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:52 am

Prufrock wrote:This has been doing my head in. I think it might be Cazorla, by they'd be counting the intertoto cup as a "European competition" which frankly is balls.

B would be Villareal. C would be Recreativo (which I had to Google). D Malaga E Arsenal.
To add insult to injury, they must have counted Intertoto twice. But I think you have the correct answer. :oyea:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.