The other worst kept secret in football

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

The other worst kept secret in football

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:57 pm

Pellegrini has been named new Massive's manager.

On the cards for weeks, but it seems like a strange 'un to me.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The other worst kept secret in football

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:22 pm

Makes sense to me. Did great at Villareal, got the (at the time) record points total Madrid had ever had, only to be beaten by THAT Barca team, arguably at their best, to the title. Went to Malaga and did well there, laterly under troubling financial circumstances. Is also loved by, and, I'd bet my bottom dollar, will be followed by, Isco, the latest Spanish sensation - next Iniesta next Mata next Silva.

People keep saying he hasn't won owt, but he got the equivalent of us to a Champs League semi, and would have won the League with Madrid at basically any other point in history. He'll be better than the last twonk anyway, I reckon.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Prufrock wrote:Makes sense to me. Did great at Villareal, got the (at the time) record points total Madrid had ever had, only to be beaten by THAT Barca team, arguably at their best, to the title. Went to Malaga and did well there, laterly under troubling financial circumstances. Is also loved by, and, I'd bet my bottom dollar, will be followed by, Isco, the latest Spanish sensation - next Iniesta next Mata next Silva.

People keep saying he hasn't won owt, but he got the equivalent of us to a Champs League semi, and would have won the League with Madrid at basically any other point in history. He'll be better than the last twonk anyway, I reckon.
Agreed. Good manager with 25 years in the game. Speaks solid English. Would have done alot more with Madrid if given the chance. Said when he left that he wished he had chance to build a team instead of the club buying and selling around him.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:09 pm

so, chelsea, citeh and ManU have all changed managers... Wenger's best chance of a Premier League title before he dies or even further dooooomed??

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:33 pm

thebish wrote:so, chelsea, citeh and ManU have all changed managers... Wenger's best chance of a Premier League title before he dies or even further dooooomed??
Wengers best chance? He's got a couple already....