Brazil 2014

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Brazil 2014

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:27 pm

Well, it's only 6 months or so now and news today suggests things are not exactly on track.

Two people died in this, and that's a real tragedy for their family. On the footballing front ,,,, well, do you expect this will get finished in time for the opening ceremony and match ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-25127897" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Six of Brazil's stadiums - including Itaquerao - are not yet ready for the World Cup next summer.

"Construction problems and public protests about the money being spent have delayed the preparations, the BBC's Wyre Davies in Rio de Janeiro reports.

On Tuesday, Danny Jordaan, who was behind South Africa's preparations for the 2010 World Cup, said Brazil might have to start round-the-clock construction work if it was to get things ready for the tournament."
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Brazil 2014

Post by a1 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:18 pm

when they wanna hold it in england at the last minute , i hope they get prince william to tell them to fcuk off and ring saudi arabia or bahrain up instead.

#footballscominghome

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:20 pm

They'll get there but as Jordaan points out it'll require a 24hr construction regime which in itself will lead to mistakes and ultimately casualties. Didn't FIFA put a deadline for all stadia to be completed by 31st December? So if they're not, what happens?
The Voice Of Reason

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:33 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:They'll get there but as Jordaan points out it'll require a 24hr construction regime which in itself will lead to mistakes and ultimately casualties. Didn't FIFA put a deadline for all stadia to be completed by 31st December? So if they're not, what happens?
they put it up to a vote, everyone spends loadsa money trying to win it. but then they ultimately hold it in sheikh mohammed's back garden .

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:01 am

Salford Trotter wrote:They'll get there but as Jordaan points out it'll require a 24hr construction regime which in itself will lead to mistakes and ultimately casualties. Didn't FIFA put a deadline for all stadia to be completed by 31st December? So if they're not, what happens?
They did.

It won't be hit.

Fck all will happen.

But look at the Sao Paolo stadium, even before todays collapse. It will barely be finished by April even with all hands to the pumps and if there are no more problems. Any grass finally laid will have no time to bed in. FIA are such tossers.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:59 am

bobo the clown wrote:FIA are such tossers.
Now that's just an open goal for thebish!

:shock:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:22 am

Enoch wrote:

eh??

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:13 am

thebish wrote:
Enoch wrote:

eh??
Nudge, (There's a missing F in the acronym) nudge wink.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:42 am

Heard news of this come over from Brazil yesterday afternoon on 5Live. They had an eyewitness account. I'm pretty sure he wasn't a reporter, just a Johnny-on-the-spot because he pronounced crane 'crine' but he was a wannabe reporter. Half way though his account he said "Part of this stadium will have to be rebuilt but it is clear that no amount of lamentation will rebuild these three lost lives." I could hardly drive straight for laughing!

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:04 pm

Can anyone remember a sporting event such as the Olympics, WC, Commonwealth games etc where there haven't been concerns raised at one time or other about them finishing it on time?

I can only remember the World Cup in 1986, that was originally scheduled for Columbia, being switched - and I'm not even sure that was solely for building reasons
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:39 pm

#worldcup2014 #FederatedStatesOfMicronesia

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:45 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Can anyone remember a sporting event such as the Olympics, WC, Commonwealth games etc where there haven't been concerns raised at one time or other about them finishing it on time?

I can only remember the World Cup in 1986, that was originally scheduled for Columbia, being switched - and I'm not even sure that was solely for building reasons
To be fair there were few such worries about the That London Olympics.

There were fears, proven groundless in reality, that traffic would grind to a standstill and whinges about ticketing access, but everything (unless my memory is going) was read in good time.

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:51 pm

The tube was actually a lot clearer during those few weeks. Was brilliant.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:10 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
thebish wrote:
Enoch wrote:

eh??
Nudge, (There's a missing F in the acronym) nudge wink.
I was thinking a reference regard the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile keeping out of what don't concern 'em, or somesuch.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:11 pm

Of course I may have completely misread the situation.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:16 pm

Fckg hell Enoch, here .... F F F F F FFF F F F FFFFF FF FFFF .... have a few eff's to help you along. 8)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:28 pm

Enoch wrote:Of course I may have completely misread the situation.
by all means if you wanna point out mistakes in bobo's posts - fill yer boots!! but you don't need to hide behind me to do that! (that was the source of my puzzlement)

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:42 pm

Seems I may not be the only one that misread the situation!

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:27 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Can anyone remember a sporting event such as the Olympics, WC, Commonwealth games etc where there haven't been concerns raised at one time or other about them finishing it on time?

I can't remember that, I was only 5, so I'll take your word for it - G. :mrgreen:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:

I can't remember that, I was only 5, so I'll take your word for it - G. :mrgreen:
Oh arf arf! :evil:

You aint no spring chicken Mrs! If G= granddad then GG must be great grandma :grin:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"