Anelka

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Anelka

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:54 pm

Nicko58 wrote:Zoopla have now announced that their shirt sponsorship is to end at the end of the season in protest at Anelka's 'quenelle' celebration.

At the end of the season rather than now. Is that not a bit 'having your cake and eating it'?
Perhaps the cheque has already been cashed...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:02 pm

Just waiting for Cole or Ferdinand to get up and bitch about "Kick it out" but think that Anelka's nazi salute will simply be ignored. Then next season every team and his dog will be giving all sorts of salutes. Keep the FA busy. On the other hand I thought Zoopla was one of them dodgy dating sites so nothing lost there. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:36 pm

Here's my take on it (I know, nobody's actually asked for it)... but M'bala M'bala is a right c*nt, and you don't need to be French to realise this. To paraphrase an ancient Arab saying, "Any friend of that c*nt needs shooting".
Go on FA, I dare you, *bang*
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:38 pm

i'm a bit nonplussed by all this... is anyone claiming Anelka is some kind of a Nazi or a Nazi sympathiser?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:46 pm

thebish wrote:i'm a bit nonplussed by all this... is anyone claiming Anelka is some kind of a Nazi or a Nazi sympathiser?
Who said Nazi. I believe that what M'bala M'bala is is a right wing leaning Muslim who believes the Jews are "taking over the World" and require "stopping". He defends this obnoxious shit by pretending to be a comedian. Sadly a large number of French Muslims of African heritage agree with this shit and proclaim their freindship with this obnoxious c*nt on the dubious basis that he's anti-establishment. Anelka being one.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:48 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:i'm a bit nonplussed by all this... is anyone claiming Anelka is some kind of a Nazi or a Nazi sympathiser?
Who said Nazi. I believe that what M'bala M'bala is is a right wing leaning Muslim who believes the Jews are "taking over the World" and require "stopping". He defends this obnoxious shit by pretending to be a comedian. Sadly a large number of French Muslims of African heritage agree with this shit and proclaim their freindship with this obnoxious c*nt on the dubious basis that he's anti-establishment. Anelka being one.

the BBC keep referring to the incident as "a reverse Nazi salute" - which seems to imply some kind of Nazi thing, is all...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:53 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

the BBC keep referring to the incident as "a reverse Nazi salute" - which seems to imply some kind of Nazi thing, is all...
It is. The basis is the opposite of the Nazi salute the SS used... i.e. Right arm down with left arm across the chest touching it, instead of left arm up with right hand across the chest touching it. It was adopted after the Nazi salute was made illegal in France. It was adopted by Muslim anti-semites as opposed to white supremicist anti-semites, although quite a few of those have since adopted it, anti-Semitism obviously overcoming the black-white barrier in this instance.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:58 pm

Aye that M'Bala chap seems like a right dick the more you read. Dunno how much Anelka knew, but what LeverEnd said sounds about right at least.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:06 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Who said Nazi.

It is. The basis is the opposite of the Nazi salute the SS used... i.e. Right arm down with left arm across the chest touching it, instead of left arm up with right hand across the chest touching it. It was adopted after the Nazi salute was made illegal in France. It was adopted by Muslim anti-semites as opposed to white supremicist anti-semites, although quite a few of those have since adopted it, anti-Semitism obviously overcoming the black-white barrier in this instance.

you asked me who said Nazi! I was explaining it to you - you seem to have already known the answer! :conf:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:07 pm

Sure has changed the celebration a bit

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:18 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Who said Nazi.

you asked me who said Nazi! I was explaining it to you - you seem to have already known the answer! :conf:
I'm confused by your confusion! Let me clear it up. He's not being accused of being a Nazi...he's being accused of anti-Semitism. The gesture he used is a reverse Nazi salute. Does that make it clearer?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:24 pm

Nicko58 wrote:Zoopla have now announced that their shirt sponsorship is to end at the end of the season in protest at Anelka's 'quenelle' celebration.

At the end of the season rather than now. Is that not a bit 'having your cake and eating it'?
It was already due to end at the end of this season anyway. They are just choosing to not renew it.

Gary Neville got it spot on earlier on Monday night football. Bin them off now.. Sponsors should not be sticking their nose in when one isolated incident happens.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:01 pm

I don't think there is any way of proving that he meant anything anti-semitic. Some people mean it as such others mean it as some sort of juvenile simplistic anti-establishment gesture. There is too much ambiguity around its usage to go overboard in my opinion.
I think he's probably a bit naive and genuinely meant it as a supportive gesture to his mate, who claims he's being persecuted by the authorities. It's just a shame Anelka's choice of mates s a bit suspect. I may be being a little easy on him here but that's my gut feeling.
Also I don't know enough about this comedian, but being against Zionist expansion and Israeli government policy does not equate to anti-semitism, although it's a commonly used and unfair counter-argument.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:27 pm

Well feck me! If he wanted it proved he is anti-Semitic he'd have just done Nazi salute. The 'quenelle' is used precisely to confuse...wink wink. Anti-establishment my arse...Here's my arse.
And anyway, this simple fact that M'bala M'bala's his mate (the toxic c*nt) is enough to make me feel like my shit smells like roses in comparison to the stench given out by just being in the same room as Anelka.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:28 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote: I'm confused by your confusion! Let me clear it up. He's not being accused of being a Nazi...he's being accused of anti-Semitism. The gesture he used is a reverse Nazi salute. Does that make it clearer?
no - i'm just wondering why you asked me "who said Nazi" - the BBC and other media outlets have in their repeated description... the word "Nazi" is used repeatedly in describing this incident...

do people really think Anelka is actually anti-semitic? do we have any evidence other than this gesture? 'tis quite a serious charge to make...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:46 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Well feck me! If he wanted it proved he is anti-Semitic he'd have just done Nazi salute. The 'quenelle' is used precisely to confuse...wink wink. Anti-establishment my arse...Here's my arse.
And anyway, this simple fact that M'bala M'bala's his mate (the toxic c*nt) is enough to make me feel like my shit smells like roses in comparison to the stench given out by just being in the same room as Anelka.
Not defending M'bala M'bala, just suggesting a lot of conclusions are being jumped to re Anelka's intentions.

Thanks for the toilet analogy though. :oyea:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:08 pm

Hoboh wrote:Sure has changed the celebration a bit
Did he ever explain what that meant ?

I always thought it was a convoluted swastika to be honest.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:48 pm

Or a tribute to his pet tarantula, Adolf.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:54 pm

He also has a dog called Goering

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:41 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Well feck me! If he wanted it proved he is anti-Semitic he'd have just done Nazi salute. The 'quenelle' is used precisely to confuse...wink wink. Anti-establishment my arse...Here's my arse.
Not defending M'bala M'bala, just suggesting a lot of conclusions are being jumped to re Anelka's intentions.

Thanks for the toilet analogy though. :oyea:

Although quite apt, as another suggestion for the Quenelle is a 'fist up the arse' motion to one's enemies. As has been said, it's ambiguous.

Anti-Zionist?
Anti-Semitic?
Reverse Nazi salute?
or just an 'Up yours'?

So, four quenelle.

Whatever, he's been charged and now has to respond or face a minimum 5 game ban.