Fabregas is back Gooner Girl!

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: Fabregas is back Gooner Girl!

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:52 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
GG every season you lead the league until January and then collapse. I don't particularly value my testicles or any other part of my body for that matter, after all what use do testicles actually have? I compared Spurs to Arsenal because both teams compete for 4th placed finishes every season, neither of you have won the league for a while and neither will win the league for some considerable time to come(although I think Arsenal are probably slightly more likely to), you are both in the same geographical location(although Arsenal are a south London club really) and both teams have fans who believe their team is much more capable of winning the league then they actually are.
:lol: you didn't pass GCSE science did you Dan?!
B in Biology actually. I was more saying they don't have any use to me.
They might have at some point should you ever get a girlfriend!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:55 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
GG every season you lead the league until January and then collapse. I don't particularly value my testicles or any other part of my body for that matter, after all what use do testicles actually have? I compared Spurs to Arsenal because both teams compete for 4th placed finishes every season, neither of you have won the league for a while and neither will win the league for some considerable time to come(although I think Arsenal are probably slightly more likely to), you are both in the same geographical location(although Arsenal are a south London club really) and both teams have fans who believe their team is much more capable of winning the league then they actually are.
:lol: you didn't pass GCSE science did you Dan?!
B in Biology actually. I was more saying they don't have any use to me.
They might have at some point should you ever get a girlfriend!
Until then he'll just let his bollocks form his opinions.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Like Millwall vs Leeds :roll:
roll your eyes all you like kiddo - but you're talking toss... (as usual)
I dunno, for years the Sky presenters talked about Super Sunday, when the "Big 4" were playing.

Since the invention of football during the Prem years, DMB's have won 13 of 22 Titles. Arsenal & Chelsea 3 each, City 2 and Blackburn 1.

I don't disagree that there's rivalry, but it's sort of from a long way back...you would possibly think they'd be more bothered with Chelsea to be honest...
So on that basis the DMB's don't have any rivals whatsoever? Incredible. :shock:

Where did they finish last season? :?
Don't you give me that "incredible" malarkey, young man. :-)

They finished between Spurs and Southampton last season, how many DMB's do you think you'd need to ask before one of them said Spurs or Southampton?

The point I was trying to make, is that having unfortunately dominated the Prem League since the invention of football by some considerable distance, there'd be a few who'd say Chelsea (maybe about the same amount who'd say Arsenal). In the last couple of seasons, there'd be some who'd say Citeh, a few who'd say Leeds (still), but most I talk to, still say Liverpool - almost to the exclusion of all else.

That doesn't mean Arsenal fans couldn't see themselves as rivals - just that, as I mentioned, it's from some considerable distance away in reality.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:36 pm

:lol: , that was quite witty Bruce. Not in a rush really GG, women are hassle and for the most part don't go very well with football. Also even I did have a girlfriend there is no way on earth I would want children it's not the hassle and the constant stress it causes parents it's more IMO why on earth would I want to bring another life into this god forsaken earth. As I should make clear these opinions are completely my own and what other people do is completely up to them.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:37 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Like Millwall vs Leeds :roll:
roll your eyes all you like kiddo - but you're talking toss... (as usual)
I dunno, for years the Sky presenters talked about Super Sunday, when the "Big 4" were playing.

Since the invention of football during the Prem years, DMB's have won 13 of 22 Titles. Arsenal & Chelsea 3 each, City 2 and Blackburn 1.

I don't disagree that there's rivalry, but it's sort of from a long way back...you would possibly think they'd be more bothered with Chelsea to be honest...
So on that basis the DMB's don't have any rivals whatsoever? Incredible. :shock:

Where did they finish last season? :?
Don't you give me that "incredible" malarkey, young man. :-)

They finished between Spurs and Southampton last season, how many DMB's do you think you'd need to ask before one of them said Spurs or Southampton?

The point I was trying to make, is that having unfortunately dominated the Prem League since the invention of football by some considerable distance, there'd be a few who'd say Chelsea (maybe about the same amount who'd say Arsenal). In the last couple of seasons, there'd be some who'd say Citeh, a few who'd say Leeds (still), but most I talk to, still say Liverpool - almost to the exclusion of all else.

That doesn't mean Arsenal fans couldn't see themselves as rivals - just that, as I mentioned, it's from some considerable distance away in reality.
My point exactly
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:46 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote: women are hassle and for the most part don't go very well with football.

:wall: I give up!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:11 pm

the majority of people who attend football matches are male, I am stating a fact that many more men attend football matches each year than women.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:41 pm

Why are we trying to give explanation to his f*ckwittery? I thought we'd established long ago that he was a lost cause.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:45 pm

truewhite15 wrote:Why are we trying to give explanation to his f*ckwittery? I thought we'd established long ago that he was a lost cause.
... is the answer. Well said that man.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:12 pm

So I was right, that's why we didn't sign him. Still sad though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27860770" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:24 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:So I was right, that's why we didn't sign him. Still sad though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27860770" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Quick question, GG. Hindsight's a wonderful thing and all that, I know, but, given the choice would you have bought Ozil when you did, or have hung on to re-sign Fabregas?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:So I was right, that's why we didn't sign him. Still sad though.

Quick question, GG. Hindsight's a wonderful thing and all that, I know, but, given the choice would you have bought Ozil when you did, or have hung on to re-sign Fabregas?
Interesting question Bruce, and it's a tough call but I think probably Ozil. I believe best is yet to come with him whereas I'm not so sure with Fabregas. Also, if we hadn't made a big signing last summer but hung on in case Fabregas wanted to come back at some point Wenger would have been hung from the roof tops by gooners.

That's looking at it with head rather then heart and in an ideal world I'd like both !

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:36 pm

no reason why you shouldn't have had both...

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:40 pm

thebish wrote:no reason why you shouldn't have had both...
Depends what Wengers budget is. If it's limited and it was Fabregas or a striker, I'd rather have a striker. Wengers a stinge, he's not going to buy in positions we are not desperate for just for nostalgia sake. (I however would, which is probably why my coaching career has only taken me as far as Great Walsteads U10 rounders team)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:41 pm

I doubt Ozil will get through a full season... he didn't even get through half a season before he had to take time out...

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:45 pm

Wenger is a secret accountant, what a way of putting off a fan favourite from re-signing. I really don't understand why he doesn't listen to Arsenal fans because they could be a better side if they just spent some money.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:46 pm

thebish wrote:no reason why you shouldn't have had both...
You think Wenger should've spent £30m on a player he didn't need enough to be able to guarantee a place to? Interesting.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:47 pm

They can defo play in the same team though!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:57 pm

Prufrock wrote:They can defo play in the same team though!
Aye, they could, but so can Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott, Rosicky, Arteta... We aren't short of options in midfield. Up front however...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:05 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Prufrock wrote:They can defo play in the same team though!
Aye, they could, but so can Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott, Rosicky, Arteta... We aren't short of options in midfield. Up front however...

Fabregas is better than all of them, though... so - given you had the the option - why not buy fabregas and sell a couple of your inferior surplus midfield stock. you'd have a better midfield and probably would have made a profit.