Petition: New Stadium - Grimsby Town

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Nelly GTFC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Petition: New Stadium - Grimsby Town

Post by Nelly GTFC » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:42 am

Hi there Bolton fans,

Any chance I can get some extra signatures for my club to acquire a new stadium? Only takes a few minutes, we would really appreciate your help.

We have been trying for the last 20 years, but setbacks due to location, nimby's, and funding have set us back.

This is an official petition made by Grimsby Town Football Club over the last few months, which will be handed into our local council for planning permission.

Circa 500 permanent jobs, and 500 temporary construction jobs. For the long term survivability of the club, not only will it help the club, it will help with community projects in Education and Health.

Click Link >> http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/n ... ks-parkway

Thank you.
Community Stadium and Leisure Complex at Peaks Parkway

Together we can make this happen for the Community of North East Lincolnshire

Community Leisure Complex comprising

• 14000 seat stadium and home of GTFC

• all weather multi-use pitches

• health and wellbeing centre

• education and training centre

• multi-sport potential for rugby, netball, cricket

• car parking (street sports)

• Grimsby Town Sports & Education Trust centre - 2000sqm

- Football in the Community sports participation

- Futsal programme

- NEET provision

- Inclusion & disability projects

- Health & Education

- 163,000 annual aggregate engagement hours

Commercial enabling development comprising

• hotel and restaurants

• petrol filling station

• retail

Economic benefits

• safeguarding GTFC for future generations - 150 jobs

• construction employment - 500 jobs

• new permanent employment circa 500 jobs

• inward investment of £80m

• business centre - 3500sqm

• new business opportunities

• 2000 space car park plus coach spaces (potential Park & Ride)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Petition: New Stadium - Grimsby Town

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:33 pm

I really cannot be arsed to discover why signatures will procure you a new stadium. I'm even less inclined to sign the petition.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:40 pm

Sorry, there's no beards mentioned in the stadium plans........I'm out!!!!

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:08 pm

Peaks Parkway looks to be a sports and park area. You want to replace this with mainly commercial enterprises, with some community setup included? What's wrong with Blundell Park? Too many football stadia in Grimsby already. I'm out. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:34 pm

Blundell Park is a proper football ground, why on earth would you want to move a to a new stadium devoid of atmosphere.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Nelly GTFC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Nelly GTFC » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:12 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:Blundell Park is a proper football ground, why on earth would you want to move a to a new stadium devoid of atmosphere.
Teams that have aquired a new stadium, most have increased their actual attendances, Hull City went from around 5,000 to 20,000 as one example. In the non-league we lose 200k just for being out the league, and average about 3,500, when we was in the league around 5,000 - 7,000 over the 10 years.

Mainly down to money than anything, we currently we are a few million in debt, and losing a few hundred grand each year, a few stadium would give us extra revenue, boost the local economy by providing the jobs, as specified in the original post their are lots of postive aspects for the area, not just the football club itself. :)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:25 pm

Signed it for you, Chief. Good look with it, I hope you get what you're looking for.
May the bridges I burn light your way

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:12 pm

Nelly GTFC wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:Blundell Park is a proper football ground, why on earth would you want to move a to a new stadium devoid of atmosphere.
Teams that have aquired a new stadium, most have increased their actual attendances, Hull City went from around 5,000 to 20,000 as one example. In the non-league we lose 200k just for being out the league, and average about 3,500, when we was in the league around 5,000 - 7,000 over the 10 years.

Mainly down to money than anything, we currently we are a few million in debt, and losing a few hundred grand each year, a few stadium would give us extra revenue, boost the local economy by providing the jobs, as specified in the original post their are lots of postive aspects for the area, not just the football club itself. :)
And kill any ruminant's of what football used to be like in Grimsby, go and ask some of you own supporters who have been going to Blundell Park what they think, I reckon you'll be surprised. I would be happy for us to be in the league below you if we were still at Burnden. More people does not make for a better atmosphere. You give an example of Hull, I'll give you Darlington, who BTW no longer exist anymore, they wanted a new stadium and got on and within 5 years their club had fallen of the face of the earth. You may have good intentions but your plan for a new ground may actually kill your football club. Who exactly do you propose pay's for this new football ground?
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:53 pm

I wish your club well but, whilst I have v little time for nimbyism, I think this sort of thing is for sorting out locally. I'd be pretty f*cked off if, based in any way at all on a petition of folk from Grimsby, someone chucked up a brand-new football stadium on my doorstep.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:03 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:And kill any ruminant's of what football used to be like in Grimsby

Nelly GTFC
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Nelly GTFC » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:02 pm

Thanks for the signatures, we appreciate it. :D
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Nelly GTFC wrote:

And kill any ruminant's of what football used to be like in Grimsby, go and ask some of you own supporters who have been going to Blundell Park what they think, I reckon you'll be surprised. I would be happy for us to be in the league below you if we were still at Burnden. More people does not make for a better atmosphere. You give an example of Hull, I'll give you Darlington, who BTW no longer exist anymore, they wanted a new stadium and got on and within 5 years their club had fallen of the face of the earth. You may have good intentions but your plan for a new ground may actually kill your football club. Who exactly do you propose pay's for this new football ground?
Hi the Darlington plan wasn't very well thought out, they built a stadium that they could not afford to run, not pull in good enough crowds. The Grimsby stadium will be paid for with commercial enabling development comprising hotel and restaurants, petrol filling station and retail outlet, not sure who it will be but think along the lines of Waitrose, Sainsburys, Tesco etc etc. Also All-weather multi-use pitches, Health and wellbeing centre, Education and training centre, think along the lines of Chesterfield.

Basically it will turn Grimsby Town into a sustainable business, and give the club a long term future, which at the moment is not the case as it needs to break even.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:32 pm

Supermarket trend is away from big stores these days. We have a hotel, it's not exactly a huge money spinner...