FIFA ... bent, corrupt, double-dealing, cynical barstewards

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: FIFA ... bent, corrupt, double-dealing, cynical barstewa

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:39 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Better news from the High Court of Corruption. Blatter didn't resign...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33284185" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wonder if he'll present the Womens' World Cup Trophy in Canada as he normally does, or whether he's not as confident as he makes out.
Brilliant. He is a complete fckg nutcase isn't he !?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Better news from the High Court of Corruption. Blatter didn't resign...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33284185" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wonder if he'll present the Womens' World Cup Trophy in Canada as he normally does, or whether he's not as confident as he makes out.
We are not expecting him or the Secretary General....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:12 pm

Blatter is innocent and he says this as a true Christian (barring some mild disagreement on Catholic dogma).
"My faith has given me strength during the last week. I am a religious person and pray, too. I own a golden cross that has been blessed by Pope Francis," said Blatter.

"I believe I will go to heaven one day. But I believe there is no hell. I disagree with the Pope on that."
Anyone who says bad things about him should be imprisoned.

Well, you can't argue with that I guess...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:30 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Blatter is innocent and he says this as a true Christian (barring some mild disagreement on Catholic dogma).
"My faith has given me strength during the last week. I am a religious person and pray, too. I own a golden cross that has been blessed by Pope Francis," said Blatter.

"I believe I will go to heaven one day. But I believe there is no hell. I disagree with the Pope on that."
Anyone who says bad things about him should be imprisoned.

Well, you can't argue with that I guess...
Jesus's cross was rough, common wood. Blatter has a gold one blessed by the Pope. Hmmmm
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:45 am

There is heaven, but no he'll! Convenient for his organisation I suppose.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:17 pm

Interesting press conference at FIFA HQ just now.

Blatter was just about to make his opening remarks when a man, clearly English, approached and threw a bundle of bank notes at him.

"Vere is my Security?" stammered Blatter before leaving stage right, quite shaken.

Edit to add: it was the same 'comedian' who interrupted Glastonbury to promote his own show.

Blatter says that whilst he was off stage he called his late mother who told him 'not to worry, it was a lack of education.' :conf:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:22 pm

I can't stand Lee Nelson. Personally I find him as funny as a whack ont' todge. Fair play to him here though :)

May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:09 pm

Good for him .... although I generally think he's a knob. However anyone who gives Blatter grief is OK by me.

Talking of whom, I see the slimy c*nt is still going about his business of "reforming" FIFA.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:28 pm

Think we're all in agreement that Lee Nelson is by far our favourite cnut in that two cnut fight
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:30 pm

3 years before the World Cup rocks up in Russia - a decision that has managed to escape derision only by dint of being less ridiculous than giving it to Qatar - it's good to see they're dealing with their racism problem.

After being the umpteenth player to be racially abused by a crowd over their, Emmanuel Frimpong reacted badly and was sent off. Frimpong apologised afterwards saying he shouldn't have reacted but that racism remains a huge problem in Russian football. This is what the General Manager of his OWN team said afterwards:

Ufa general director Shamil Gazizov said his club would not be calling for Spartak to be punished, describing it as an "unfortunate incident".
"There were people who could have shouted things. These are emotions which go away after the game. We are partners with the red and whites and are on good terms," he said.
"What Frimpong did was wrong. Sometimes you even have to hold back the tears and just put up with it."

Priorities straight, then.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:53 pm

Prufrock wrote:3 years before the World Cup rocks up in Russia - a decision that has managed to escape derision only by dint of being less ridiculous than giving it to Qatar - it's good to see they're dealing with their racism problem.

After being the umpteenth player to be racially abused by a crowd over their, Emmanuel Frimpong reacted badly and was sent off. Frimpong apologised afterwards saying he shouldn't have reacted but that racism remains a huge problem in Russian football. This is what the General Manager of his OWN team said afterwards:

Ufa general director Shamil Gazizov said his club would not be calling for Spartak to be punished, describing it as an "unfortunate incident".
"There were people who could have shouted things. These are emotions which go away after the game. We are partners with the red and whites and are on good terms," he said.
"What Frimpong did was wrong. Sometimes you even have to hold back the tears and just put up with it."

Priorities straight, then.
I saw that. Shame Lee nelson didn't shower that c*nt Blatter with housebricks.
Some nice person will probably try to justify it by saying the World Cup will encourage Russia to deal with the problem or suchlike.
I'm glad the guy came out with such nonsense if only to show them up.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:26 pm

Obviously we're wrong about Blatter .... the Russian in charge of their bid told us. So an apology is due.

The old c*nt turned up in Moscow today in preparation for the next World Cup qualifying draw. Interesting he went there but was too busy to go to Canada !!

I'm half-expecting England not to be in the draw as FIFA sulk. To be quit honest I don't think I'd care.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:16 pm

More Fifa shit going down.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:25 pm

jaffka wrote:More Fifa shit going down.
Many might find this impossible, but I detest Jerome Valcke more than I do Blatter.
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Re: FIFA ... bent, corrupt, double-dealing,b cynical barstew

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:46 pm

... AND bribery charges v Platini to come. Whooop-whoop.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:49 pm

He's on the way out and seems determined not to have to resign. He must be really worried about what can come out when he can't influence it at all.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:04 pm

jaffka wrote:He's on the way out and seems determined not to have to resign. He must be really worried about what can come out when he can't influence it at all.
Good. I hope he's caking himself & every waking moment is one of fear.

He's had 4 months and a team of people busily shredding and deleting ... not to mention support from Putin to clear stuff put. But yes, he's still hanging in & that's for a reason.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:19 pm

Unfortunately he's not, cacking it that is. FIFA are headquartered in Switzerland for a reason... and the gnomes don't want to send out the wrong messages to all the bent bastards who operate even worse scams than FIFA and deposit their hard-earnt in the Alpine Vaultages.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:46 pm

There appears to be a link between the timing of Platini getting £1m for services rendered ... all-be those services which no-one can quite work out .... and his withdrawal from the race to replace the old Swiss guy in charge.

Well ... I'd be jiggered.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:34 pm

^^ Complete coincidence.