FIFA ... bent, corrupt, double-dealing, cynical barstewards

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: FIFA ... bent, corrupt, double-dealing, cynical barstewa

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Athers wrote:Garcia's appeal about the summary has been rejected

Well I never :lol:

And surprise, surprise, Garcia's resigned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30522170" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May the bridges I burn light your way

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed May 27, 2015 11:21 am

I see 6 of them have been arrested and the Swiss are looking into the 2018 and 2022 bidding. About time and hopefully it'll bring about the end of Blatter and his bent cronies.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 27, 2015 12:09 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I see 6 of them have been arrested and the Swiss are looking into the 2018 and 2022 bidding. About time and hopefully it'll bring about the end of Blatter and his bent cronies.
Blatter seems untouchable. He'll still be the president of the organisation and nothing will change.

The only way anything will change, is if the likes of Germany, France, England, Brazil, USA cancel their memberships.

I'd rather we didn't participate in any of the blood stained tournaments these wankers have organised.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed May 27, 2015 12:37 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I see 6 of them have been arrested and the Swiss are looking into the 2018 and 2022 bidding. About time and hopefully it'll bring about the end of Blatter and his bent cronies.
Blatter seems untouchable. He'll still be the president of the organisation and nothing will change.

The only way anything will change, is if the likes of Germany, France, England, Brazil, USA cancel their memberships.

I'd rather we didn't participate in any of the blood stained tournaments these wankers have organised.
Completely agree, especially the last bit. If the FA haven't the balls it would be nice to see some players refuse to play qualifiers etc. Won't happen :evil:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 27, 2015 12:46 pm

Fifa communications director Walter De Gregorio insisted the organisation was continuing to reform.
"This is good for Fifa," he told a news conference following news of the arrests. "It hurts, it is not easy, but it confirms we are on the right track."

Oh really? And how's that exactly? FIFA have rang the US authorities and tipped them off, have they? :roll:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 27, 2015 12:48 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

Completely agree, especially the last bit. If the FA haven't the balls it would be nice to see some players refuse to play qualifiers etc. Won't happen :evil:
The FA pulling us out would be like turkey's voting for Christmas. Those 4uckers are all aboard the gravy train an' all.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 27, 2015 12:57 pm

Yep.. It's endemic across the board seemingly

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 27, 2015 3:55 pm

Apparently, Blatter has been assisting with inquiries.

AKA - Snitching everyone else up to get them off his own back

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed May 27, 2015 3:55 pm

DoJ indictment

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/nine-fifa ... piracy-and" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lots of flowcharts so far in their presser.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 27, 2015 3:56 pm

"You are not authorized to access this page"

Ooooh.. Must be juicy!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 27, 2015 5:43 pm

Jack Warner was arrested

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed May 27, 2015 7:04 pm

See, even if they don't get anything on Blatter himself, all of this has gone on on his watch. So surely the 4ucker's a busted flush either way, no? :conf:

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Wed May 27, 2015 7:48 pm

^ And Blatter was there with the others, so he was there for the taking. My feeling is they may be wanting one of those arrested to turn 'Queens Evidence' and spill the beans on those higher up the food chain.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed May 27, 2015 7:55 pm

clapton is god wrote:^ And Blatter was there with the others, so he was there for the taking. My feeling is they may be wanting one of those arrested to turn 'Queens Evidence' and spill the beans on those higher up the food chain.
they've already done that partially with one of them agreeing to wear a wire... (presumably with some kind of a deal of leniency accompaning his guilty plea...)

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:06 pm

I think it is all about power with Blatter. He wasn't bothered what anyone did as long as he was in charge.

I wouldn't put any money on Blatter being ousted either. He is still popular in Africa, Asia and South America/Caribbean. Or pretty much anywhere except Europe and Unites States.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed May 27, 2015 8:10 pm

Its finally out and official, FIFA is corrupt. He has no option but to go. No way back for him.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed May 27, 2015 8:31 pm

Apparently a 10 million dollar bribe was paid into a fifa account.

If that's right, then at the minimum a clean sweep is required. Probably an entirely new organisation is required.

Blatter is apparently due to be in a press conference tomorrow. Speak or not, he is in for a lynching.

No way back for him now.

Don't f*ck with the yanks.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed May 27, 2015 9:17 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:Guardian are saying:
In a separate move, officers raided Fifa’s headquarters in Zurich, seized electronic data and opened criminal proceedings “against persons unknown on suspicion of criminal mismanagement and of money laundering in connection with the allocation of the 2018 and 2022 football World Cups” said a statement from the Swiss attorney general.
Bit in bold is interesting, wonder who they could be and how senior they are. Sounds like something parallel to the arrests earlier, but against other unnamed individuals.
This was explained as something FIFA initiated !!

If there can't be a breakaway the only way of changing the guard would be via the Sponsors. They pay an enormous amount. Pepsi, Cole, Budweiser, MacRonnies. American big money pressure may be telling.a bit sooner today than it seemed yesterday.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed May 27, 2015 11:41 pm

jaffka wrote:Apparently a 10 million dollar bribe was paid into a fifa account.

If that's right, then at the minimum a clean sweep is required. Probably an entirely new organisation is required.

Blatter is apparently due to be in a press conference tomorrow. Speak or not, he is in for a lynching.

No way back for him now.

Don't f*ck with the yanks.
Expect that slimy slipper fecker to say he knew nothing about it and promise to clean up the organisation. He has incredibly thick skin made from Teflon.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Wed May 27, 2015 11:49 pm

jaffka wrote:Its finally out and official, FIFA is corrupt. He has no option but to go. No way back for him.
The only way he's leaving the job is on a Lear jet to a private retirement island, marched off in handcuffs or carried out in a coffin. Swathes of FIFA members from the developing world are in his pocket, and that counts for enough votes to make him untouchable within the organisation. The US and Swiss investigations may be a different matter though.....

The thing is, even if Blatter goes there needs to be a huge clear-out of rotten apples within the confederations, federations, and national associations across the globe to stop this happening again, as it did previously under Havelange (covered in How They Stole The Game by David Yallop).