FIFA ... bent, corrupt, double-dealing, cynical barstewards

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: FIFA ... bent, corrupt, double-dealing, cynical barstewa

Post by bobo the clown » Thu May 28, 2015 11:42 pm

Today's FIFA meeting opening ceremony. Is it just me that sees awful images of the Nazi Youth ???

Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu May 28, 2015 11:56 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Today's FIFA meeting opening ceremony. Is it just me that sees awful images of the Nazi Youth ???

Don't know, but the blonde behind Blatface looks ok :mrgreen:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri May 29, 2015 12:38 pm

Not just the FBI and Swiss police now. The SFO (UK) are getting involved.

Come on Blatter get put back in.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri May 29, 2015 3:15 pm

Today's news conference has also been cancelled.

Head in the sand.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri May 29, 2015 3:49 pm

jaffka wrote:Today's news conference has also been cancelled.

Head in the sand.
There WAS a bomb threat in fairness to them...
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri May 29, 2015 4:10 pm

boltonboris wrote:

Head in the sand.
Call me cynical...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri May 29, 2015 4:16 pm

boltonboris wrote:

Head in the sand.
Which came first?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri May 29, 2015 4:19 pm

Apparently had something to do with the Israeli membership with FIFA - But yeah, covenient..
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri May 29, 2015 4:56 pm

Hoboh wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Today's FIFA meeting opening ceremony. Is it just me that sees awful images of the Nazi Youth ???

Don't know, but the blonde behind Blatface looks ok :mrgreen:
Fair play, but the red-headed lad on the second row looks like he was struggling to recover from a heavy night on the booze.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri May 29, 2015 5:51 pm

...and the votes have been counted. The results are awaited.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri May 29, 2015 6:00 pm

A second round is required!

So it has to be done all over again but this time a simple majority will be the winner.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri May 29, 2015 6:37 pm

Prince Ali withdraws and Blatter will be the president for a fifth term.

Hardly unexpected and really shows how rotten to the core FIFA is especially given the recent occurrences.

No we will see what UEFA are made of. This is a golden opportunity to sort football out, they shouldn't miss it.

The investigations will continue regardless, without fear or fervour...

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri May 29, 2015 6:57 pm

jaffka wrote:Prince Ali withdraws and Blatter will be the president for a fifth term.

Hardly unexpected and really shows how rotten to the core FIFA is especially given the recent occurrences.

No we will see what UEFA are made of. This is a golden opportunity to sort football out, they shouldn't miss it.

UEFA is led by Platini, who is French. Platini politely asked Blatter to step down. He will shrug his shoulders and say "I tried my best".

What do you think he will do now? I'll tell you, congratulate him on his success.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri May 29, 2015 7:02 pm

malcd1 wrote:
jaffka wrote:Prince Ali withdraws and Blatter will be the president for a fifth term.

UEFA is led by Platini, who is French. Platini politely asked Blatter to step down. He will shrug his shoulders and say "I tried my best".

What do you think he will do now? I'll tell you, congratulate him on his success.
The last few days he pinned his colours to the mast.

You may well be right, time will tell.

What this has shown is that FIFA is unable to sort itself out.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Fri May 29, 2015 7:13 pm

jaffka wrote:
malcd1 wrote:

I'm not sure Platini will be any better .... cheese-eating surrender monkey that he is.

I'm reasonably glad that he won as the West simply cannot just shrug and carry on. Hopefully the pressure continues.

I don't want him to resign and hunker down to a peaceful and luxurious retirement. I want his hunted and hounded. Arrested, tried and jailed. I want him humiliated, friendless and belittled.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri May 29, 2015 7:19 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
jaffka wrote:
malcd1 wrote:

I'm not sure Platini will be any better .... cheese-eating surrender monkey that he is.

I'm reasonably glad that he won as the West simply cannot just shrug and carry on. Hopefully the pressure continues.

I don't want him to resign and hunker down to a peaceful and luxurious retirement. I want his hunted and hounded. Arrested, tried and jailed. I want him humiliated, friendless and belittled.
Platini, regardless of how he has viewed has made his thoughts public. The next few days will show what he is made of.

As for Blatter I fully agree that its much better that he be cast from office rather than fail to be re-elected or stand down. That would undoubtedly hurt him far more.

This doesn't end today, as I have already posted all its shows is that FIFA is incapable of sorting itself out.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat May 30, 2015 10:47 am

malcd1 wrote:

So Platini has congratulated Blatter on his success. What a surprise!

Sepp seems to think that the investigation is more to do with the US losing out to Russia to host the World Cup in 2022 rather than corruption. It is also the media's fault. What an absolute tosser.
Sepp Blatter wrote:Fifa president Sepp Blatter has condemned what he described as a "hate" campaign against football's world governing body by European officials.
Sepp Blatter wrote:I've just been elected tor a fifth term, there can't be that much wrong with me.
Sepp Blatter wrote:He noted that the US had lost out in the bidding for the 2022 World Cup to Qatar while England, another major critic, had lost out to Russia for the right to hold the 2018 World Cup - and that the US was the "number-one sponsor" of the state of Jordan, the homeland of defeated challenger for the Fifa presidency.
He also condemned the com
Sepp Blatter wrote:I forgive everyone, but I do not forget.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 30, 2015 10:54 am

UEFA should just withdraw. I'm sure the US would, and if they were to get a couple of South American teams then I think the fcukwit's reign would be over n done. Maybe we ought to remind some of these other nations where most of their players earn big bucks from.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat May 30, 2015 10:59 am

I see the predicted photos of Platini shaking hands and congratulating the fascist tw@t after the voting.

I know there's a place for politeness. I just think this gits case there actually isn't.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 30, 2015 2:32 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:UEFA should just withdraw. I'm sure the US would, and if they were to get a couple of South American teams then I think the fcukwit's reign would be over n done. Maybe we ought to remind some of these other nations where most of their players earn big bucks from.
I'd agree but Blatter's power base is in Africa and Asia (sidenote: look at who voiced their support), however it would be a start. Say what you will about him but he is a master politician and pumps quite a lot of funds, in relative terms, into lesser developed countries (not out of goodwill mind) which ensures their support. There's just over 200 countries in FIFA and all have an equal say, and with the support of lesser developed footballing nations Blatter is pretty much unchallenged. The way FIFA currently operates is to keep Blatter in power, and the only reason they give loads of funding to various FAs in e.g. Africa is to continue their support, not out of "developing the game".

As I said a few pages back, the only way to get rid of him is to get these senior officials to talk and prove that there's a corruption at the highest levels of FIFA, then charge all involved.
I agree - whether legitimate or not, he buys the votes of the developing nations which then keeps him in power. How long do you reckon FIFA would last without UEFA? I suspect not very long especially if we had North America and could persuade some of the South American countries to join in.