FIFA ... bent, corrupt, double-dealing, cynical barstewards

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: FIFA ... bent, corrupt, double-dealing, cynical barstewa

Post by jaffka » Sun May 31, 2015 1:58 pm

malcd1 wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
jaffka wrote:Prince Ali withdraws and Blatter will be the president for a fifth term.

Hardly unexpected and really shows how rotten to the core FIFA is especially given the recent occurrences.

No we will see what UEFA are made of. This is a golden opportunity to sort football out, they shouldn't miss it.

The investigations will continue regardless, without fear or fervour...
UEFA is led by Platini, who is French. Platini politely asked Blatter to step down. He will shrug his shoulders and say "I tried my best".

What do you think he will do now? I'll tell you, congratulate him on his success.
So Platini has congratulated Blatter on his success. What a surprise!

Sepp seems to think that the investigation is more to do with the US losing out to Russia to host the World Cup in 2022 rather than corruption. It is also the media's fault. What an absolute tosser.
Sepp Blatter wrote:Fifa president Sepp Blatter has condemned what he described as a "hate" campaign against football's world governing body by European officials.
Sepp Blatter wrote:I've just been elected tor a fifth term, there can't be that much wrong with me.
Sepp Blatter wrote:He noted that the US had lost out in the bidding for the 2022 World Cup to Qatar while England, another major critic, had lost out to Russia for the right to hold the 2018 World Cup - and that the US was the "number-one sponsor" of the state of Jordan, the homeland of defeated challenger for the Fifa presidency.
He also condemned the com
Sepp Blatter wrote:I forgive everyone, but I do not forget.
Did you really expect him to headbutt or drop kick him off the stage?

Lets be perfectly clear about this, I'm no Platini fan but in my opinion he is doing his bit.

The next UEFA meeting is on the day of the champions league final will show where we are going in all of this. The home nations seems to be quite vociferous in their criticism of Blatter but cannot act alone and I think they want UEFA as a large body to lead a boycott. Which is what Worthy has stated.

Today its been revealed that Banks are having a look at their transactions and there could then be reports made under POCA. Sponsors like bobo has said need to severe their ties.

In the mail today its speculated that a large payment (bribe) to Warner for the South Africa world cup came from FIFA and the size of the payment meant that one of the top three guys at FIFA (one of whom is Blatter) must have authorised it. Blatter has denied making this payment.

The yankee doodles state that they expect more to come out. Its quite possible that they are looking at FIFA as an organised crime network, like the mafia. If they do go down that line then they could make any trade with them proscribed.

Blatter can stick his head in the sand all he wants, this is massive.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 31, 2015 2:27 pm

If my memory is right didn't FIFA try to get the 1998 games to South Africa but the vote didn't go for them and the FIFA top-table more or less promise them they'd get it the next time it was voted on ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun May 31, 2015 2:35 pm

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:25 pm

OK, I understand the reasoning behind David Gill rejecting a place on FIFA's executive committee and now I read that Heather Rabbatts has withdrawn from FIFA's task force against racism and discrimination. However, what on earth do they think it might achieve? If you're looking to affect change then surely you stand more of a chance by doing it from within, no? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:OK, I understand the reasoning behind David Gill rejecting a place on FIFA's executive committee and now I read that Heather Rabbatts has withdrawn from FIFA's task force against racism and discrimination. However, what on earth do they think it might achieve? If you're looking to affect change then surely you stand more of a chance by doing it from within, no? :conf:
No problem here though.

The impossible to over-estimate Welsh FA prick, Trefor Lloyd Hughes, has leapt into that vacant space. Still sore having missed out to Gill in a vote in March, and determined to be a gnat on English arses at every opportunity, this guy makes Blatter look like a man of honour,
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:54 pm

Blatter has just resigned; he only got in on Friday.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32982449" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Businesswoman of the year.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:06 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Blatter has just resigned; he only got in on Friday.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32982449" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good .... & now they should continue to hound and harass him until they get at him and into jail.

Doubtless he'll be replaced by an equally bent tosspot.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:14 pm

A great day for football. I reckon that they've found something on him because there's no way on God's green earth that that stubborn c*nt's gone of his own volition. Either that or, as LeverEnd suggested to me elsewhere, he's got a puppet lined up.
May the bridges I burn light your way

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:40 pm

He hasn't gone just yet but will stay until the new man is voted in, 4 months away.

The £10million South Africa bribe is central, great work to follow the money to the top of FIFA.

This still hasn't finished but its much better to see the smug c@@t not being smug and had a good kicking. t*@t

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:57 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
jaffka wrote:He hasn't gone just yet but will stay until the new man is voted in, 4 months away.

The £10million South Africa bribe is central, great work to follow the money to the top of FIFA.

This still hasn't finished but its much better to see the smug c@@t not being smug and had a good kicking. t*@t
I sincerely hope so; if that's the case and the money passed through to the US then he can be charged under RICO as I said a few pages back, and the FBI/DoJ do like their racketeering charges. I really hope that happens. :D
I'm alluding to the press pressure but they have got their information from the US prosecutions. Quite ironic that FIFA always wanted the US to be interested in football... :lol:

I do think that all of the posturing and head in the sand shit from Blatter and FIFA would have really angered the investigators involved and made them even more determined to get a positive closure.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:40 pm

America f**k yeah!

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:52 pm

midlands exile wrote:As expected, a pathetic, spiteful whitewash.

But can Sepp and the gang outsmart the FBI? Sounds like they've got an informer on their books, and even the Swiss banking system had to bend over for the US Government when the IRS came knocking with full weight behind them:
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/13/polit ... ion-probe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or will FIFA suddenly relocate to Moscow or Doha and "destroy all their computer equipment"?
Gotcha! (....unless Sepp does indeed move into the bungalow next door to Edward Snowden)

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:52 pm

Breaking news
Sepp Blatter under investigation by US officials as part of Fifa corruption inquiry, reports say
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32986950" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Smug c**t wont be going watching the final of the womens world cup now.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:11 am

Mind you, as abject and humiliating resignations go this was a cracker.

Reading his resignation speech in the cold light of day he has given himself plenty of wiggle room.

He'll stick around until a replacement is found. At least till Christmas. Potentially till next March. Now that he's resigned he feels the shackles are off and so he can now get on with a series of "reforms" he's been after for ages ....aimed at consolidating FIFA's position. Oh and the replacement process will be managed by one of his stooges.

Doubtless hard drives will be getting smashed, Internet records deleted, the deletes deleted and the delete of those deletes deleted and industrial shredders working like crazy.

Slippery fecker's not planning on slipping put quietly !

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:32 am

CrazyHorse wrote:Blatter has just resigned; he only got in on Friday.
Makes you think him staying on for the election was purely an ego trip
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:51 pm

Rio Ferdinand suggesting David Gill should put himself up for the role. In the unlikely event of him actually winning the role, would that just see fifa swing from pandering to the developing world nations, to being slaves to the mega clubs of Europe / "big nations"? Look at the balance his type have brought to the game here in England. It would pretty much justify Blatter's scare stories of "nasty UEFA" to the rest of the world. Does anyone know much about Prince Ali?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:42 pm

jaffka wrote:Breaking news
Sepp Blatter under investigation by US officials as part of Fifa corruption inquiry, reports say
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32986950" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Smug c**t wont be going watching the final of the womens world cup now.
A bit of a problem for Canada - all senior world football officials seem to be in hiding....
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:02 pm

^^ Thank goodness it's only wimminz football.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:50 pm

Qatar wins bid to host Sepp Blatter’s leaving do

Qatar has seen off rival bids from Mordor, Castle Greyskull and a Russia, to win the right to host Sepp Blatter’s FIFA leaving do.

http://newsthump.com/2015/06/03/qatar-w ... ialnetwork" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tickets are going to be expensive. Could cost you your career.

newsthump.com

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:03 pm

bobo the clown wrote:^^ Thank goodness it's only wimminz football.
True, but it is disturbing to we Canadians.

We like women's footie in terms of national pride because we are ranked 8th in the world. It is rather harder to find the ranking for our men's team. I found eventually that it is ranked 115th below, for example St. Kitts and Nevis and the Faroe Islands. I didn't even know 115 countries played footie. Secondly, being hosts, it would have been nice to have some FIFA executive open the tournament or give out medals. I am, of course, glad they could send a janitor to do the honours but...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.