European Finals.

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: European Finals.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:11 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:38 pm
They can fcuk off for me. Especially Spurs. Moneys one but I think B teams are another. They day we play Man City B in a league match I’m done.
Death of the English game. They should be hammered for this. Neville is right. Relegate the lot of them 5 divisions and refuse them permission to leave. Disgusting.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:36 pm

Well, the 'Big Six' have agreed to join up.

What's the betting that there'll be a few Geordies who are miffed because their massive club hasn't been asked :lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:43 pm

If I've read this right. The cheeky bastards still want to play in their domestic leagues. Fcuk them right off.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:45 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:43 pm
If I've read this right. The cheeky bastards still want to play in their domestic leagues. Fcuk them right off.
Yep. I’d Chuck the 6 of them out immediately. As in from tomorrow. Throw them out the league and all associated competitions. Strip them of all historic titles. If they want back in they have to come out of this unauthorised competition and start at the very bottom of the football non league pyramid.

The rest of football should unite against it. Let the 6 wither on the vine.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:52 pm

"And take this fecking VAR with you, you c*nts" 😁

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:52 pm
"And take this fecking VAR with you, you c*nts" 😁
They can have VAR absolutely.

Being reported that UEFA saying all involved will be banned from all UEFA domestic and international competitions. Gonna make Euros interesting then. Gareth Southgate might be calling up some of our lads...

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:26 am

There will be no scramble to qualify for the champions league now then will there? Literally a competition made up to stop the likes of Leicester, Evertonand West Ham being able to join the top table even if for just one season. Imagine if we had our uefa cup campaign taken off us...or the opportunity to play Bayern or Atletico denied because they are “too big” to play us.
Fcuk em. Boot em out and let their fans go somewhere else. They can play midweek lunchtime games for the Middle East and China.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:55 am

Chuckling at the indignant Facebook rants of people I know who 'support' clubs involved, threatening to withdraw their 'support' yet who never make even the slightest effort to actually 'support' their club beyond watching down the pub / getting the tinnies in and pulling up the armchair.
Exactly how will this en-masse withdrawal of support present itself? :conf:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:28 am

There was also a tweet from Swiss Ramble that analyzed the losses booked by 11 of the 12 teams during the pandemic...They got to over £1.2bn. and in total over £5.5bn of debt between them...and the primary financing will come through JP Morgan so we can finally move to quarters, have roll-ins etc. I'd fcuk them off right now. They won't I suspect go nuclear but these Clubs need telling.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:49 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:28 am
There was also a tweet from Swiss Ramble that analyzed the losses booked by 11 of the 12 teams during the pandemic...They got to over £1.2bn. and in total over £5.5bn of debt between them...and the primary financing will come through JP Morgan so we can finally move to quarters, have roll-ins etc. I'd fcuk them off right now. They won't I suspect go nuclear but these Clubs need telling.
Absolutely. If the league lets them push them around the game is dead. Stand up to them kick them out and make them re-enter from the very bottom of the football pyramid. If they want to pick up their toys for an ESL let that be the only competition they can play in.

Here is the thing people say 'but if we lose those clubs the money has gone and game is dead anyway'. Which is partially true. But those clubs also grossly overestimate how much interest there would be in what would effectively be 'franchised football'. It will do well in Asian markets and probably sustain itself a while. But the only way to maintain it is to grow and that dilutes the money and thats the very thing these clubs don't want. There are only so many times people will watch Real Madrid vs Man Utd. This is not the IPL and football cannot be compared in the same way.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:01 am

Of course, another market is the US, where they still seem to get excited watching the same two teams play each other...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:10 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:01 am
Of course, another market is the US, where they still seem to get excited watching the same two teams play each other...
But not soccer...not men's soccer at least...and European Franchises...can't see it taking off.

Asia though...

And here's the thing why wouldn't you play these games in the Far East where your market is? They will soon enough.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:14 am

Just let them go and hopefully football will return to it's grass roots.
IMHO the premier league have a bloody cheek feeling let down the birth of that was the start of the downfall, any TV novelty will soon wear off.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:18 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:10 am
Worthy4England wrote:
But not soccer...not men's soccer at least...and European Franchises...can't see it taking off.

Asia though...

And here's the thing why wouldn't you play these games in the Far East where your market is? They will soon enough.
I'm sure they'll be after any and all markets. Don't doubt that for one minute. There's quite a lot of US interests in there too, though, including the financing through JP Morgan.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:33 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:18 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:10 am
Worthy4England wrote:

Asia though...

I'm sure they'll be after any and all markets. Don't doubt that for one minute. There's quite a lot of US interests in there too, though, including the financing through JP Morgan.
Oh agreed. But its a blatant play for TV markets. Wonder if Disney have bought the rights?

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:34 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:14 am
IMHO the premier league have a bloody cheek feeling let down the birth of that was the start of the downfall, any TV novelty will soon wear off.
Sadly there is an audience outside of Europe and I think it would take a while.

Nothing but a money grabbing exercise as it's win win, get the competition and the cash, don't and get reform that gets them more cash through the change.

Sadly this is what happens when you let foreign investors get their hands on heritage. It's given a lick of paint and sold off at a profit. Makes me laugh to think the worry was "what if these billionaires become bored" with their projects. All part of the plan.

Scum but that's business.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:36 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:14 am
I think they should be kicked out. But what does 'return to its roots' mean? In theory I know but not in practice. How do you finance the game when the TV deal becomes a fraction of what it is with Man Utd et al gone? That's the concern and its a very real one for clubs like ourselves who rely on the filter down of money. A collective stand needs to be taken against these clubs. The ESL needs to fail and these clubs need to be punished into oblivion. Hopefully then the TV deal will not be so diluted as to be meaningless. But this is going to incur a huge financial hit and end of the day that means many of the 'roots' will wither and die.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:49 am

Mourinho sacked by Spurs. Twitter reports suggesting it's because he refused to take training this morning, in protest at their ESL involvement. Good for him, if that's the case.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:58 am

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:49 am
Mourinho sacked by Spurs. Twitter reports suggesting it's because he refused to take training this morning, in protest at their ESL involvement. Good for him, if that's the case.
Keep up. I put that on the Spurs thread ten minutes ago :roll: :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:11 am

They could show some cojones and start by cancelling the League Cup final (or putting Brentford and Stoke into the final)...