Pies in administration

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23503
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Pies in administration

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:55 pm

Might be the first of a few. Gone into administration, seeking a buyer today. I know we have our moments, but I'd want them to recover, as I hoped Bury and of course ourselves would.

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8625
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Pies in administration

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:03 pm

I saw plenty of their lot celebrating our demise. Same with Tranmere. Majority of other clubs fans showed themselves as decent folk. I certainly won’t shed a tear. Interesting question now is points deduction this season or next - I suspect they are confident it’s next season.

But yeah - first of a few I think.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20145
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Pies in administration

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:06 pm

Can we have our training ground back?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23503
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: Pies in administration

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:17 pm

We should support local teams - for my part, I've alerted Bassini there's a Club going maybe on the cheap.

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8625
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Pies in administration

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:31 pm

Ah yes
Lawrence. Seemed like a top bloke. I’ll get onto the Jewish Telegraph.

I hope they survive...but only after 11 seasons of shit, and a few relegations.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2885
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Pies in administration

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:36 pm

The were giving it large when we went into admin. For that reason they can go feck themselves!

User avatar
sonicthewhite
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:55 pm
Location: Telford

Re: Pies in administration

Post by sonicthewhite » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:07 pm

According to the report on the BBC the EFL have said that the deduction will be this season IF they finish outside of the relegation places and NEXT season if they are relegated anyway. So either way they are going down. And normally I wouldn't laugh at any club in administration (unless it was Tranmere) but seeing the number of their fans who were celebrating our demise AND hoping we'd go bust completely then I'm all out of Fcuks to give :conf:
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8625
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Pies in administration

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:09 pm

As I said the majority of clubs fans were decent with us...of course every club has bell ends. But little old Wigan and the bin men had the majority panning is for years, signing songs about it, turning up to get their photo with Nat etc...what goes around comes around dickheads!

DJBlu
Site Admin
Posts: 3958
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 pm

Re: Pies in administration

Post by DJBlu » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:27 pm

sonicthewhite wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:07 pm
According to the report on the BBC the EFL have said that the deduction will be this season IF they finish outside of the relegation places and NEXT season if they are relegated anyway. So either way they are going down. And normally I wouldn't laugh at any club in administration (unless it was Tranmere) but seeing the number of their fans who were celebrating our demise AND hoping we'd go bust completely then I'm all out of Fcuks to give :conf:
I wouldn't say that's the case, they are 8 points clear and are on a good run.

User avatar
sonicthewhite
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:55 pm
Location: Telford

Re: Pies in administration

Post by sonicthewhite » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:29 pm

Can I instead say "Either way I hope they go down?" :twisted:
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26210
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Pies in administration

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:36 pm

Their latest takeover completed on 4th June this year! Less than a month ago.

Well done EFL again. Well done.

As for Wigan fans - its a minority like ever that behave like morons. I don't wish them ill as an overall club but hope those fans that behaved like morons feel very very embarrassed now.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35976
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Pies in administration

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:04 pm

I wish them no ill whatsoever. However, what will stick in the craw though will be if they successfully sell off Euxton for a bloody fortune as housing development land after our lot were thick enough to sell it to them as a football training set-up.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26210
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Pies in administration

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:05 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:04 pm
I wish them no ill whatsoever. However, what will stick in the craw though will be if they successfully sell off Euxton for a bloody fortune as housing development land after our lot were thick enough to sell it to them as a football training set-up.
Trevor Birch did it to keep the lights on and let Dean Holdsworth and Ken Anderson have time to do the deal...deffo worth it...deffo.....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35976
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Pies in administration

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:05 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:04 pm
I wish them no ill whatsoever. However, what will stick in the craw though will be if they successfully sell off Euxton for a bloody fortune as housing development land after our lot were thick enough to sell it to them as a football training set-up.
Trevor Birch did it to keep the lights on and let Dean Holdsworth and Ken Anderson have time to do the deal...deffo worth it...deffo.....
Right, because we only realised that we were in the shite that very afternoon.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7407
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:18 pm
Location: Mid Sussex

Re: Pies in administration

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:45 pm

Just goes to show how quickly things can change for clubs. I’ve still not forgiven them for Jason Roberts goal in extra time of extra time in the second leg of the semi final of the league cup that knocked us out on away goals in 2006. Arsenal tube station was shut after too. :evil: I wouldn’t wish them to go under though - but then I’m not a Bolton fan, if it was spurs however...

Bertie Wooster
Promising
Promising
Posts: 352
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

Re: Pies in administration

Post by Bertie Wooster » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:46 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:36 pm
The were giving it large when we went into admin. For that reason they can go feck themselves!
This 100%

Also turns out they owe £3.1415926535

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 10548
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:51 pm
Location: Up above the streets and houses

Re: Pies in administration

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:45 pm

If Wigan go under we'll never ever have the opportunity to laugh at them ever again. Why would anyone want to deny themselves that pleasure? Everything crossed they manage to sort it out. The wankers.
Businesswoman of the year.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7279
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Pies in administration

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:50 pm

Something incredibly fishy about all this. Company that buys the club from Whelan, sells to someone else but with the same majority shareholder. In the middle of the pandemic. New chap emerges and puts them into administration. BBC cites the pandemic as the cause. Hmmm

The EFLs governance, fit and proper stuff appears to have been found wanting again.

A club on gates of 9000, at best, has run up a further £20m+ in debt

Football finance is just mental.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35976
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Pies in administration

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:16 am

One thing I've never understood (and have no particular wish to either) is that supporters of Wigan RL and supporters of Wigan FC have a passionate hatred of each other. I'm quite sure that if we had an RL side then I'd support them as well as BWFC.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26210
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Pies in administration

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:06 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:03 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:05 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:04 pm
I wish them no ill whatsoever. However, what will stick in the craw though will be if they successfully sell off Euxton for a bloody fortune as housing development land after our lot were thick enough to sell it to them as a football training set-up.
Trevor Birch did it to keep the lights on and let Dean Holdsworth and Ken Anderson have time to do the deal...deffo worth it...deffo.....
Right, because we only realised that we were in the shite that very afternoon.
My comment was sarcastic. In hindsight we clearly should have bitten the bullet then and taken the admin route rather than letting ED dictate we sold the silverware off to let dodgy Dean and Ken in. Administrators may still have sold Euxton but at least there'd have been an open process and we might have avoided crooked Ken.....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests