Pies in administration

There ARE other teams(we'd have no-one to play otherwise) and here's where all-comers can discuss the wider world of football......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Pies in administration

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:36 pm

Didn't we do the same when sideshow turned up?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:39 pm

Yeah we posted something about being bought out by Bassini then it was challenged (thankfully).

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:25 pm

Something about this smells really bad. The owners at Wigan have been saying for weeks they remain committed to the club yadda yadda...have a long term plan and will sort it all out.

In that time they've been not paying players and bills or paying them late and broken an EFL instruction to deposit an amount of money in club accounts to cover wages on 3 occasions - or at least twice cos I guess they dispute the charges the third time.

Now at no point during that time did they say 'well we obviously have messed up and now need a buyer or are actively looking to sell the club' which presumably would have allowed some wiggle room with the EFL and also one assumes flushed out potentially interested parties to allow for some open competition (if any existed).

As it stands the only possibilities for me are
A) This is a ruse OR a panic sale to someone even worse
B) There is some very rich person/people out there who have swooped in to save the club.

B seems unlikely given the fact that in a similar scenario this Bahrain lot were the only credible buyers - though of course its not impossible.

A - is this a real sale or a ruse OR are they simply flogging it to a Ken Anderson type on the cheap to avoid the liabilties?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:55 pm

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:55 pm
As Nixon would say...,.

Aye....

https://twitter.com/greggevans40/status ... 19488?s=20
Yeah - I mean on our experiences, you're always hoping Bassini turns up, but that's a great start! :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:15 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:09 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
As Nixon would say...,.

Aye....

Yeah - I mean on our experiences, you're always hoping Bassini turns up, but that's a great start! :D
People moan about Iles. Probably harshly I think. But that Wigan bloke Kendrick is an absolute donut. Made out last night 'we've been saved'. Now says he knew the identity of the buyer last night and can confirm now its been leaked.

I mean what an absolute pit of existence that man must live in to not have at least given a 'lets be cautious about this' sort of warning to Wigan fans.

He's their main source of news and is failing to do his job. He can only do so much but he's definitely so far up the club's ownerships backside he can see through their own eyes....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:30 pm

It's all "right to complain" stuff. Most folks, I suspect are reading free stuff. It is what it is. If you don't like read something else...

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:47 pm

Ah, Football and money laundering. A love story as old as time.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
As Nixon would say...,.

Aye....

This is the fella who has been trying to pass the EFL directors test to buy Morecambe since Christmas. I’m getting a whiff of a bullshit!!!

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:33 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:28 pm
This is the fella who has been trying to pass the EFL directors test to buy Morecambe since Christmas. I’m getting a whiff of a bullshit!!!
You say "trying to pass", but he's not submitted the paperwork.

The fact he's reported to have access to large amounts of cash and "mates" who are drug dealers is probably not a good sign either.

Absolutely bonkers situation, this one.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:43 pm

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:35 pm

Yeah, but the issue is he never submitted the necessary paperwork to the EFL. It's what, 4 months overdue? The EFL has no mechanism for calling time on a takeover, so technically he hasn't "failed" in his bid - it's just never actually happened.

Apparently the board at Morecambe have been fighting tooth and claw for it not to go ahead, so maybe the EFL would have approved it - I've no idea. Wigan now have no board, so we'll see what happens.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:53 pm

Bit of a technicality, but Wigan have a Chairman...so they have "a Board" :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:06 pm

Seriously that read is hilarious. At this point I was close to wetting myself…..
There are only two employees that can be found publicly that work, in some capacity, for Sarb Capital. That is Niyah Smith, who is the Global Head of Digital at Sarb Capital and regularly tweets about Morecambe. Secondly, there is Saidi Banks, who is a Sport Director. Now, it’s not difficult to figure out that if you are a company that does ‘development of building projects’ or does ‘Venture Capital and Private Equity’, you don’t necessarily need a sport director. Given though, that both of these seem to work for Sarb Capital, they would both be involved in the takeover of Morecambe along with Sarbjot Johal, through Sarb Capital. The problem is that Niyah Smith is a musician, isn’t associated with football, (or even worse, no strong evidence of working in either Project Management or Venture Capital industry) and also served time in prison after being convicted of being in possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life in 2012.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:34 pm

It's like an out of body experience this. Almost a carbon copy of our predicament yet we watch without being emotionally attached.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:13 pm

I actually think if Bassini was a serious contender at this point I would be pinning my hopes on him were I a “tic”.

My limited understanding of the Morecambe situation is this chap/group have bought some stake there. Can they therefore own Wigan in any case? (If they keep/can’t sell the Morecambe stake).

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:19 pm

He was up for Sikh man of the year tbf…
https://twitter.com/uglygame/status/166 ... pRHalCxNkg

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:37 pm

Ok - I got a bit of the bug and did some reading up. I think I'm going to need a bigger tub of popcorn...

GhostoftheBok
Legend
Legend

Post by GhostoftheBok » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:58 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:37 pm
Ok - I got a bit of the bug and did some reading up. I think I'm going to need a bigger tub of popcorn...
Notable today that London Irish have been booted out of their league over failure to pay players.

Wigan fans are currently organising charitable donations for staff and discussing how they form a phoenix club.

It's not looking great.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:07 pm

GhostoftheBok wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:58 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:37 pm
Notable today that London Irish have been booted out of their league over failure to pay players.

Wigan fans are currently organising charitable donations for staff and discussing how they form a phoenix club.

It's not looking great.
Not sure of the connection between Johal / Wigan / Bond Investments and London Irish? I mean clearly Bond Investments (Morecambe's owners) have already managed to shut down Worcester Warriors, whilst still claiming they were owed £2m. If the point is it's not uniquely a football problem, I hear you. I was much happier when RU was cough "Ineedsomenewbootsamateur" cough.. :-) Least everyone knew where they stood (and in what :-) )