New broom in a new town MK Dons(a) 4th Feb 2017

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: New broom in a new town MK Dons(a) 4th Feb 2017

Post by boltonboris » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:11 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
officer_dibble wrote: Interesting none of us see ALF starting!
I'd like to see him start instead of the yellow-bellied dray horse, with Clayton in Clough's position. I really do think that that partnership could be fantastic. Alas, I'm not expecting to see it anytime soon.
Me too.. Oh and here's a controversial once.. We all know Vela plays high up the pitch - I reckon he wins more headers than Madine.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:32 pm

Question is: which one of our 6(?) loanees won't make the squad?

Taylor (IN),
Henry (IN),
Thorpe (IN),
Le Fondre,
Viv S-O,
Long

And what of Le Fondre's fitness levels? Thinking he'll be on the bench and Viv will miss out, but if Le Fondre needs more time... he might not make the squad?

I can see Long and Morais possibly starting.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:26 pm

They've scored a few lately and defensively we haven't looked as sound but we have our new unpredictable forward line

3-2 win. Vela, Beevers & Alf
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:34 pm

Have to trust the boss man. He's part built his team and got us further than we've been for a fair while. Difficult job for him right now because he'll be experimenting a bit again with the new lads. I'm hoping for a win and three points then to thrash the garlic breads right after, so a double..COME ON YOU WHITES... :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:39 pm

I expect nothing other than a 4-0 win.
If that doesn't happen I'll gloss over everything that's happened in the last year and angrily come on here calling the players a right bunch of useless wankers and anyway the manager is a clueless tosser who is about to fck off anyway and anyway we're obviously missing Clough even though I probably called him a useless over rated show pony only last week anyway and anyway the chairman is killing this club and anyway this bunch of players should be good enough to win this league blindfold anyway.

2-1 win to Bolton.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:43 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:I expect nothing other than a 4-0 win.
If that doesn't happen I'll gloss over everything that's happened in the last year and angrily come on here calling the players a right bunch of useless wankers and anyway the manager is a clueless tosser who is about to fck off anyway and anyway we're obviously missing Clough even though I probably called him a useless over rated show pony only last week anyway and anyway the chairman is killing this club and anyway this bunch of players should be good enough to win this league blindfold anyway.

2-1 win to Bolton.
Go Hoss.... :lol:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:52 pm

3-1 win! Alf to get a hatrick! ITK
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:39 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:3-1 win! Alf to get a hatrick! ITK
It's the 1 that's worrying. Can it be 3-0? :wink:

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:53 pm

Ten minutes to go until we find out which starting eleven Parky's gone for. My prediction is that it'll be the regular 4-2-3-1 but with Long in place of Clough.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:02 pm

Morais and Long in for Henry and Clough. Derik in for Thorpe
Last edited by jmjhb on Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:05 pm

Alnwick, Wilson, Wheater, Beevers, Taylor, Spearing, Osede, Morais, Vela, Long, Madine

Subs: Turner, Moxey, Solomon-Otabor, Trotter, Clayton, Henry, Le Fondre

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:PP, BN:
I doubt MK Dons will be able to guess it because I don’t really know it myself yet. We need to get to know these new players quickly and make the right decisions on them – to filter them into the team at the right level. That’s the key. We have got options in attacking areas at it gives us that opportunity to change the team and keep that competition strong.
Perhaps in the last few weeks the team has been picking itself, and that is a good thing for continuity but you also get a group of players who accept the team is doing well but also feel a bit frustrated. I think we had that.
I can’t make too many changes or put too many players in who are not ready. We are probably coming up against a team that will be unchanged. That’s the challenge of being a manager.
Usual back seven – dunno why folk think he's dropping Thorpe for an away game in which we need to stabilise. Wouldn't astonish me to see Clayton replacing Clough, and although I have a feeling he might start with ALF up top, it would be no shock if he starts with Madine. Soloman-Otabor might be the loanee to miss out, especially with other forward options to test: Long for pace, Morais (whom the staff already know) for creativity, maybe ALF for goals.
Well, when you know, you know. :)

Team makes sense to me. I didn't realise Morais had played as many games for Bradford as he has this season, so it seems logical for him and Long (who also has 20+ apps in this division this year) to start.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:53 pm

Not a bit surprised to see Madine up front to start. Like I said yeserday, the boss man knows what he's at so, nowt else to say except....COME ON YOU WHITES :oyea: :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:02 pm

Ready for the off , Tower going great guns on the ads for bathroom tiles, Ramsbottom Kitchens etc, etc..a bit of chat about Bury then......Chris Price and Zico. Awful tannoy system trying to annihilate the cometators, Dons in gold shirts, bags of noise, Zico quivering and....away we go....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:06 pm

fecking Dray Horse starts again :roll:

Also, I've gone onto Tower FMs listen live and they're playing By fecking Jovi. What's going on? :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:07 pm

Talk of 1000 plus ( maybe 1500) Superwhite fans in the house and...and...some chat about places foreign and..
We grab the ball and ...we have a corner already. And, Spearing and....and.....cleared. Back in, punched clear and the homers go with Maynard and win a corner back. And....cleared (Sheffield get an early lead). Wheater clears, Long goes, and....the keeper clears it. Moxey is playing left back for us..?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:10 pm

What happened to the max 5 loanees thing? I make that 6.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:13 pm

Chat, more chat about irrelevant things then they come and the Dons have it, we have it and they try again. Ben has the ball and clears for us. Madine fouls one, then we go again via Derek and Wheater. They clear, Spearing has it and Vela and Moxey get amongst it. Derek tries to get new lad Morais into things and we keep possession. Alf playing in no 35 shirt (when he gets on that is) Chat about scores then we go again, they clear and Wilson intercepts and sends us forth. Potter (theirs, not ours) has a dab then Morais gives a free kick away. Some scores then......Maynard misses with a swipe and.....

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:14 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:What happened to the max 5 loanees thing? I make that 6.
Morais is a permanent signing.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:14 pm

Both Scunny and United are 1-0 up already. For crying out loud.
Businesswoman of the year.