New broom in a new town MK Dons(a) 4th Feb 2017

In here you'll find all the moaning, groaning and excitement that comes with following a live game.

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: New broom in a new town MK Dons(a) 4th Feb 2017

Post by boltonboris » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:46 am

Yep.. But that;'s because of his work experience I believe and he also made way for Clayton to get much needed minutes

what score was it when he came on? What score did it finish? How many did he score? He did more in 20 minutes than the rest could muster in 70
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:50 am

Scores a tap-in
"Won't get those chances in the big league"

nice people one in the top corner from 25 yards
"shit keeper"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:50 am

boltonboris wrote:Yep.. But that;'s because of his work experience I believe and he also made way for Clayton to get much needed minutes

what score was it when he came on? What score did it finish? How many did he score? He did more in 20 minutes than the rest could muster in 70
Newell started and is also on work experience.

Iles discussed Samizadeh on LoV podcast. He said when Clough was pushing for a place in the side all his coaches were similarly supportive. He doesn't reckon any coach at Bolton current or historical thinks AS is ready yet or works hard enough.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:53 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Yep.. But that;'s because of his work experience I believe and he also made way for Clayton to get much needed minutes

Iles discussed Samizadeh on LoV podcast. He said when Clough was pushing for a place in the side all his coaches were similarly supportive. He doesn't reckon any coach at Bolton current or historical thinks AS is ready yet or works hard enough.
We play Madine every week.. He's not ready at 27 years old or whatever and I bet if you dropped him into the stiffs, he wouldn't score goals there either. If you don't score goals, you don;t at any level. If you do, you can.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:58 am

boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

We play Madine every week.. He's not ready at 27 years old or whatever and I bet if you dropped him into the stiffs, he wouldn't score goals there either. If you don't score goals, you don;t at any level. If you do, you can.
I'm sure we could've engineered the odd 15 minutes here and there, had we wanted to...There are certainly games this season where I've looked at a sub and thought "That's changing nowt"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:52 am

boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

He's scored 6. Clough scored 9.

It is a reductive argument. For all Madine's limitations, if all Samizadeh's coaches aren't convinced, and see and work with him everyday there will be reasons for that.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:23 pm

Samizadeh's goals v Hull. We definitely meant every single touch in the build-up to the second goal; special kudos to the keeper for knocking it as high as possible into strong wind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:34 pm

Some finish that second one

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:42 pm

boltonboris wrote:I see the lad Samizadeh scored a brace l;ast night in a 2-0 win against Hull

He seemingly scores in every single game he plays - Everybody complains about his size and him not being ready and looking a little overawed against centre ba... Oh he's just scored again
And I agree with these people. What I want to see is an experienced, big, immobile lump up top who reads the game like David Blunkett.
May the bridges I burn light your way

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:58 pm

According to Iles' twitter, Wilson is out for 10 weeks which is pretty much the whole of the standard season....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:09 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:According to Iles' twitter, Wilson is out for 10 weeks which is pretty much the whole of the standard season....
Sheesh, just when we had some balance and solidity at the back.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:56 pm

fecking hell thats bad news re Wilson. The game after the window shuts.Since Scunthorpe pretty much everything gone against us, will be a bloody good effort if we can make top 2 now.

I'd take a look at Caddis ex birmingham. But tough to get someone inand up to speed now. We cant even play a kid because they then count towards the squad! Bollocks. maybe Vela back to right back.

As for Samizdah is he not the same or is he already in the squad? Im with whoever said Madines issue is confidence...hes frightened of getting in the places to miss now, which he wasnt at the start of the season. Frustrating. But ww are better pff having someone in who wants to score, and maybe Samizdah off the bench. I'd start Le Fondre on sat.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:26 pm

boltonboris wrote:Some finish that second one
You were doing well until then. It's clearly unworkable, you're not allowed to create a bit of space for yourself and then score, to be great, you should be doing one or the other.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:24 am

How come Lewis Buxton is completely overlooked in every article ive read about Wilson? plus although itd be a shame to move him now, Vela can fill in there too. also Derik? or Dorian...?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:39 am

General Mannerheim wrote:How come Lewis Buxton is completely overlooked in every article ive read about Wilson? plus although itd be a shame to move him now, Vela can fill in there too. also Derik? or Dorian...?
Injured. Been having back problems for months now apparently.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:39 pm

To suggest we shunt Vela to RB when he's been arguably our most consistent attacking player is pure madness. He's not even a RB.